Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

G like MC

Artists who hide behind production

10 minutes ago, MissCrawford said:

lol3lol3lol3lol3lol3lol3

WL4A.gif

We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us

3 hours ago, Winnie. said:

Background musicians, and even then those videos give me Kareoke and Spoken Word vibes. 

Very amateur 

No one cares about background musicians, they just play their instruments, don't tell me Mariah doesn't have background musicians in her performances too. eve1 The crowd is amazed by her sitting and just singing, especially at the second video. ari2 I can post many more videos tho. ari2

2 hours ago, Winnie. said:

Um hun if you buy a ticket, you're going to attend. 

And we all know critics eat madonna's ass hole, the videos posted above demonstrated nothing accept below average vocals, lack of breath support and mediocre stage presence.

The only reason she was given that leniency is because of her past. Let her have debuted in 1980 with only a few background musicians and a banjo.

She should have debuted with Maria as her back up singer, that’s where she shines 

1 hour ago, The Sorcerer said:

On point vocals and Iconic performance basically alone. Her 80's vocal performance is perfection imho. very distinct and deep tone voice.

The QUALITY of this video. wat2 

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

She should have debuted with Maria as her back up singer, that’s where she shines 

Out out curiosity, I have never seen Madonna harmonizing. Can she? I haven't heard any duet of hers with her harmonizing. 

3 hours ago, The Sorcerer said:

On point vocals and Iconic performance basically alone. Her 80's vocal performance is perfection imho. very distinct and deep tone voice.

I didn't know how you can be serious with this one dead4

23 hours ago, HninSi said:

Out out curiosity, I have never seen Madonna harmonizing. Can she? I haven't heard any duet of hers with her harmonizing. 

I remember you vividly stating that at one point Selena Gomez' impressed you vocally. Your standards are just drastically different with Madonna, hmm. ari9

I mean:

Musical theater 

Jazz 

Folk/ballad just her on the guitar 

Straight ballad 

Just random performances where she's energetic while still showcasing vocal control that most modern Pop stars can't deliver 

Like she literally began her career performing her songs like this, all the attention on her and 0 props to hide behind: (and no this is not to prove she's some sort of vocalist, but just to showcase that this "Madonna never performed just herself on stage" phantom is a myth). She did it plenty of times and the crowd was the exact opposite of "not giving a fuck". 

Of course I can post a billion more but these are the "traditional" type of performances you're constantly demanding her to downgrade to. brit15

Whether you like it or not, her voice transcends and she can hold on her own, you can complain about her pitch, or her going off key or whatever - that’s far from the point. she's wildly entertaining to watch as a performer (even when shes there alone!) and she uses elaborate productions to elevate her performances' as opposed to hiding the fact that its a worthless performance with shiny decorations - aka a Lady Gaga show. 

Anyway ari5

21 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

No one cares about background musicians, they just play their instruments, don't tell me Mariah doesn't have background musicians in her performances too. eve1 The crowd is amazed by her sitting and just singing, especially at the second video. ari2 I can post many more videos tho. ari2

And none would support your point...

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

I mean, I remember you vividly stating that at one point Selena Gomez' impressed you vocally. You're standards are just drastically different with Madonna, hmm. ari9

I mean:

Musical theater 

Jazz 

Folk/ballad just her on the guitar 

Straight ballad 

Just random performances where she's energetic while still showcasing vocal control that most modern Pop stars can't deliver 

Like she literally began her career performing her songs like this, all the attention on her and 0 props to hide behind:

Of course I can post a billion more but these are the "traditional" type of performances you're constantly demanding her to downgrade to. brit15

Whether you like it or not, her voice transcends and she can hold on her own, you can complain about her pitch, or her going off key or whatever - she's wildly entertaining to watch as a performer and she uses elaborate productions to elevate her performances' as opposed to hiding the fact that its a worthless performance with shiny decorations - aka a Lady Gaga show. 

Anyway ari5

I really can't tell if you're trolling rip4

Those clips harmonizing, she literally sings and then the other person harmonizes with her. 

And those stand alone clips with guitars rip4 She sounds very bad and exhibits no stage presence

22 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

I really can't tell if you're trolling rip4

Those clips harmonizing, she literally sings and then the other person harmonizes with her. 

And those stand alone clips with guitars rip4 She sounds very bad and exhibits no stage presence

oh well, I wonder why people would still rather pay to see her instead of Mariah, then. Lack of talent always wins I guess. clap3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.