Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

G like MC

Artists who hide behind production

7 hours ago, Winnie. said:

I really can't tell if you're trolling rip4

Those clips harmonizing, she literally sings and then the other person harmonizes with her. 

And those stand alone clips with guitars rip4 She sounds very bad and exhibits no stage presence

Maybe he doesn't know what harmonizing is. Otherwise, he wouldn't have come up with those clips.

7 hours ago, Jjang said:

I remember you vividly stating that at one point Selena Gomez' impressed you vocally. Your standards are just drastically different with Madonna, hmm. ari9

I mean:

Musical theater 

Jazz 

Folk/ballad just her on the guitar 

Straight ballad 

Just random performances where she's energetic while still showcasing vocal control that most modern Pop stars can't deliver 

Like she literally began her career performing her songs like this, all the attention on her and 0 props to hide behind: (and no this is not to prove she's some sort of vocalist, but just to showcase that this "Madonna never performed just herself on stage" phantom is a myth). She did it plenty of times and the crowd was the exact opposite of "not giving a fuck". 

Of course I can post a billion more but these are the "traditional" type of performances you're constantly demanding her to downgrade to. brit15

Whether you like it or not, her voice transcends and she can hold on her own, you can complain about her pitch, or her going off key or whatever - that’s far from the point. she's wildly entertaining to watch as a performer (even when shes there alone!) and she uses elaborate productions to elevate her performances' as opposed to hiding the fact that its a worthless performance with shiny decorations - aka a Lady Gaga show. 

Anyway ari5

Ok, but where is she harmonizing in those clips? It was her singing lead with the other one harmonizing for herari4. It literally shows her weak sense of pitch.

12 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Ok, but where is she harmonizing in those clips? It was her singing lead with the other one harmonizing for herari4. It literally shows her weak sense of pitch.

Nah, actually he was singing lead. How fucking ironic that you couldn’t note that. ari8 In that case Gaga never harmonized in her life and you still think she’s a great vocalist brit7

The 2nd video has 2 other singers in, actually

so basically you want her to become a background singer hmm complaint registered! gag1 

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Nah, actually he was singing lead. How fucking ironic that you couldn’t note that. ari8 In that case Gaga never harmonized in her life and you still think she’s a great vocalist brit7

The 2nd video has 2 other singers in, actually

so basically you want her to become a background singer hmm complaint registered! gag1 

dead1 stop embarrassing yourself.

Well no one would want her to become a background singer.

6 hours ago, Jjang said:

it’s on his key lol
Omg shade no one wants her as a back up singer you guys gag1 Anyway proceed listening to Selena Gomez, the vocalist you are impressed by gag1

They sang in unison most of the notes they did together. The guy is a tenor which favorably allowed him to go up a scale higher and harmonize Madonna a few times. Not the other way around.

I didn't know you literally couldn't differentiate between who sang lead and who harmonized brit9 Bye.

23 hours ago, HninSi said:

They sang in unison most of the notes they did together. The guy is a tenor which favorably allowed him to go up a scale higher and harmonize Madonna a few times. Not the other way around.

I didn't know you literally couldn't differentiate between who sang lead and who harmonized brit9 Bye.

Once again, the entire song is in his key, it was his song, Madonna doesn't join until the one minute mark. 1:05-1:17 (video down for reference) is her stacking her slightly altered vocals on top of his. he's harmonizing for 1:50, but just because her voice is more prominent sounding than his in the mix doesn't make this a non-harmonization between two vocal collaborators. rip4 Anyway, I can post like a billion examples of her stems and doing her own backing vocals in the studio but you requested a video of her doing back up vocals for someone else as if that's such a critical thing rip4 Why don't you criticize Gaga for the same, she can't harmonize to save her life but I vividly remember you (just like you did with Selena!) stating she's an amazing vocalist lmao gag1

26 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Once again, the entire song is in his key, it was his song, Madonna doesn't join until the one minute mark. 1:05-1:17 (video down for reference) is her stacking her slightly altered vocals on top of his. he's harmonizing for 1:50, but just because her voice is more prominent sounding than his in the mix doesn't make this a non-harmonization between two vocal collaborators. rip4 Anyway, I can post like a billion examples of her stems and doing her own backing vocals in the studio but you requested a video of her doing back up vocals for someone else as if that's such a critical thing rip4 Why don't you criticize Gaga for the same, she can't harmonize to save her life but I vividly remember you (just like you did with Selena!) stating she's an amazing vocalist lmao gag1

I guess someone must be laughing at this stupidity (sorry), and the rest of your explanation. For one last time (if there is hope), the chord progression throughout the song was set in the same key (B if I'm not wrong). All those few times they sang together, (1) they sang in unison (no harmonies) and (2) he harmonized. That's what happened. (See, no need to blur things when you state facts).

14 minutes ago, HninSi said:

I guess someone must be laughing at this stupidity (sorry), and the rest of your explanation. For one last time (if there is hope), the chord progression throughout the song was set in the same key (B if I'm not wrong). All those few times they sang together, (1) they sang in unison (no harmonies) and (2) he harmonized. That's what happened. (See, no need to blur things when you state facts).

Once again, the note held in 1:14 was her harmonizing on his and not the other way around. 

And like I said, you'll remain infinitely biased towards Madonna - I didn't provide these videos to showcase that she has an incredible sense of pitch or that she's vocally superb. rip4 It was just to counter this idea that she can't hold on her own, she had found ways to entertain entire stadiums throughout 3 different decades with just her being on stage and you guys will still question her more than any other Pop star, including you saying Selena Gomez impresses you vocally but Madonna's ability to entertain (note: entertain, not sing with a perfect pitch!) is always on the line. ari9

Your standards with her are unfairly 

That's all I'm saying. Face your own hypocrisies sis gag1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.