Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Luca

#LucaRANKS: My Top 20 Albums of 2019!

KK7xcCo.png

#10 - Hot Pink

by Doja Cat

Doja’s second and last appearance on this list. This album is, just like the title describes, hot. She’s giving us feel-good, sexy rnb/hip-hop songs with an unapologetic touch that makes the songs totally sound like a Doja Cat track. I was so suprised that she was already releasing another album, knowing that "Tia Tamera" and "Juicy" were just taking off on Spotify. But I didn't complain, oh no! I was instantly hooked with the lead single for this album “Rules”, where the good sis is spitting bars like no tomorrow. There are no words on how to describe how many times I sing "play with my p*ssy but don't play with my emotions", a kii. “Say So” is one of the highlights on this album, a song that sounds veru disco-infused. She knows what her sound is and this album proves that. Good job Doja, keep delivering sweetie.

#LucaSUGGESTS: "Rules", "Say So", "Cyber Sex" and "Addiction"

1 minute ago, Venus XCX said:

Chile you would stan Sunshine Kitty... now post in my thread and read Sunshine Kitty review!

qLI6Hwu.gif 

pretty sure I tried to listen to it but the horrid cover didn't help 

e83uVU3.gif

qwrX5pS.png

#9 - Clarity

by Kim Petras

Compared to her Halloween themed album, this album doesn't seem to have a theme at all. It's pretty much a collection of quality pop songs. That doesn't take away that miss Petras delivered us a very good pop album. She has her trap moments with a mellow undertone (i.e. "All I Do Is Cry"), her very own Confessions on a Dancefloor moment with "Sweet Spot" and an example of the perfect pop song with her Daft Punk meets Drake type of sound with "Icy". She delivered a good debut album, now hoping the sis will stop working with dr. Puke for God's sake. Keep it up, Kim!

#LucaSUGGESTS: "Icy", "Another One", "All I Do Is Cry" and "Personal Hell"

"All I Do Is Cry" is really good but i can't listen to anything from her. her justification of working with Puke was NOT IT so she's on my cancel list for ever. i'm conflicted because i know she must have some bops i'm missing on but i also think nothing of value was lost.

4 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

"All I Do Is Cry" is really good but i can't listen to anything from her. her justification of working with Puke was NOT IT so she's on my cancel list for ever. i'm conflicted because i know she must have some bops i'm missing on but i also think nothing of value was lost.

I totally understand you, I should cancel her as well, but maybe if her music wasn't so fun I would have dropped her quicker. jj4 

1 minute ago, Luca said:

I totally understand you, I should cancel her as well, but maybe if her music wasn't so fun I would have dropped her quicker. jj4 

that's her entire fanbase's justification cry3 so i believe yall are conflicted and stuff. it's complicated (and a sensitive subject yes).  

Just now, Gabe. said:

that's her entire fanbase's justification cry3 so i believe yall are conflicted and stuff. it's complicated (and a sensitive subject yes).  

It's sad really, if she had never worked with Luke, things would have been so different. 

A62aQRt.png

#8 - Charli

by Charli XCX

Kinda prepared for the lashings (I see you @Venus XCX) and I do agree my taste could be very questionable at times. The thing with "Charli" is that when a track of hers is good, it's stellar, when she has a bad song, it's tragic to an extent where it's unlistenable. Charli has been hit or miss with this album, some tracks I cannot stand and some tracks I have on repeat. In terms of consistency, this album reeks of too many sounds that it sounds messy in a whole project. I also kinda find it ironic how she considers this her most personal record when there are literally 0 personal songs besides "Official", just an excuse so she could use that bland self-titled album title? brit16 However, I love the creativity and how she experiments with uncommon sounds. Her music definitely isn't for everyone, but once you find joy in her music, it's just a party in m4a format. 

#LucaSUGGESTS: "2099 (feat. Troye Sivan)", "February 2017 (feat. Clairo, Yaeji)", "Gone (feat. Christine and the Queens)" and "Click (feat. Kim Petras and Tommy Cash)"

LTzf4WA.png

#7 - Madame X

by Madonna

Known for the excessive autotune use in this album, "Madame X" serves Madonna experimenting with sounds she has never really used before. The album's concept is about being a different person in many situations. Basically she's an enigma (gaga13). Madonna teamed up with latin singers Maluma and Anitta to deliver some of her best latin work to date. The intro being "Medellin" which pretty much showcases the entire sound of the album. The album definitely has her highs and lows, I still don't see what the point was in releasing "Dark Ballet" which sounds like a literal circus themed album's reject. She also served some Confessions with her disco-infused pop tracks "God Control" and "I Don't Search I Find" which are both stellar. Apart from the bops, she has certain tracks with the most random and ugliest lyrics ever, "I will be a woman, if she's raped and her heart's breaking" like what is this Madge? All by all, for Madonna's 14th album "Madame X" is a very good pop album, it still sounds fresh and found its way in several year-end lists with a decent amount of appreciation. 

#LucaSUGGESTS: "Looking For Mercy", "I Rise", "Crave (with Swae Lee)" and "God Control"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.