Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

The Powerpuff Poppers: A Decade Of Pop

1 minute ago, Phoebe said:

FyObnD8.png

ZPmFUAS.jpg

GlV26gP.png

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Hold It Against Me | Criminal | He About to Lose Me

ahh that's history juicy1 pop perfection and probably my fave Britney album omg, i also love the "dated" sound even now juicy1

my faves are Hold It Against Me, Up n' Down and maybe Scary? it's a great album overall so picking a trinity is tough juicy1

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

ahh that's history juicy1 pop perfection and probably my fave Britney album omg, i also love the "dated" sound even now juicy1

my faves are Hold It Against Me, Up n' Down and maybe Scary? it's a great album overall so picking a trinity is tough juicy1

This servery mama juicy1 It was REALLY hard for me to pick a trinity since I love literally every single song on it (we'll give Trip to Your Heart a free pass) juicy1 Till the World Ends, Trouble for Me, Up n Down, Scary and Inside Out were trinity contenders as well juicy1

18 minutes ago, Luca said:

aeH5mWC.png

KzmdMmH.png

mlH68ML.png

AZEALIA!!!!! What an album! I remember when this album came out, not knowing who she was til I saw fellow FOTPer @Venus XCX change his avi on the daily/weekly to another pic of this album photoshoot. It wasn't until 2015 that I finally checked her out (after the release of the "Ice Princess" music video, what a mess that was). I always loved "Chasing Time" and its video, I even remember the theories about the koons balls that were used. The little monstrosities thought Azealia put in there to shade Gaga (since the beef that year seemed to be cooked à point). This album is a collection of some great hip-hop songs where some of them have been reworked from older songs that she used on Fantasea, using the same progression and/or lyrics from other songs, even though it works really well. The difference with other hip-hop records is that this is more "house", if I use that term right. It sounds like songs they would play at clubs, an exciting tempo with a beat that can keep going for maybe 5 minutes even though it feels like 2 minutes. It's a record that's ahead of its time. I fell in love with her music and I can't wait for her upcoming projects (excluding her Christmas EP and YUNG RAPUNXEL PT. II)!

#LucaSUGGESTS: "Gimme a Chance", "Yung Rapunxel" and "Luxury"

Oh damn! juicy1 I've got a lot to say about this album...
I was introduced to Azealia by my gay Film Production teacher (who I have a huge crush on to this very day) in 2012. I had no idea who or what she was but I checked her out. I must say, I wasn't into the majority of her music aside from 212 and the phenomenal 1991 EP. Fantasea wasn't my cup of tea and I ignored that (still do) but I was SO PERCHED for this album. By the time of its release Azealia had already earned a reputation for being the most unstable celebrity in existence and that reputation has only gotten worse. The thing with her, and this album is truly a testament to that, is that she is insanely talented. She's also quite intelligent but her temper, her insecurities, her racially charged victim complex and her trolling, petty-ass behaviour overshadow all of that. This album is probably one of the most progressive, forward-thinking and revolutionary rap albums of the decade. No one has done anything like this before and no one has dared to do it again. It's a perfect blend of hip hop beats, tribal and house music. A mix of genre one wouldn't think of being compatible.

People that know me know that I hate rap music. I barely listen to any rappers, I don't enjoy most of the music from that genre but THIS ALBUM I thoroughly enjoy to this very date. Azealia is a disgusting person and a really bad human being but no one can deny that this album is phenomenal. As Lana put it: "Banks. u coulda been the greatest female rapper alive but u blew it."

My TOP5:
Wallace
Soda
Luxury
Ice Princess
Miss Amor

8NIQp4M.png

01d1e6b3fd81f01499ed62d58ad06ce0.1000x1000x1.png

b4QxRDg.png

#FreakyREVIEW: What turned out to be the biggest surprise for me, musically, in 2018 was Poppy's sophomore album, Am I A Girl?. I had always found her act very cringe-worthy (and I still lowkey feel the same), but this album blew me away. Very nicely built, flows perfectly despite the first song being a poppy (no pun intended) one and the last one being a metal song, it all transits perfectly in between. Interesting lyrics and rather woke, especially in songs like the title track and "Time Is Up" where she sings about the robots taking over mankind and us destroying our planet. Maybe her weirdness helped in the presentation of songs like this. There's also the more vain side of the album, which is the opening few tracks, that again happen to NOT feel out of place on an album with songs about the planet, non-binary gender or a death metal wannabe "X". Never expected for a Poppy album to end up in my favorites, but here we are. I encourage everyone to break the stigma around her and give this album a chance, because they're missing out on a lot.

#FreakyTRINITY: Am I A Girl? / Aristocrat / Rapture Ball

3 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

8NIQp4M.png

01d1e6b3fd81f01499ed62d58ad06ce0.1000x1000x1.png

b4QxRDg.png

also a very surprising album to me! i had been keeping up with her since the That Poppy days but she really got me with this album juicy1 you spilled about the album being a great balance from pop and rock/metal, especially on the title track which is one of my faves juicy1

Am I A Girl?, Fashion After All, and Time is Up are up there for me juicy1

15 hours ago, Luca said:

aeH5mWC.png

KzmdMmH.png

mlH68ML.png

#LucaSUGGESTS: "Gimme a Chance", "Yung Rapunxel" and "Luxury"

The biggest chai serve in this thread so far and yes my Azealia avi's were the serve! Would also put Prism and Born To Die in top 15... but yalls other choices juicy1 

Just now, Venus XCX said:

The biggest chai serve in this thread so far and yes my Azealia avi's were the serve! Would also put Prism and Born To Die in top 15... but yalls other choices juicy1 

literally put PRISM in my top 12 so what you gon do luv

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.