Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

The Powerpuff Poppers: A Decade Of Pop

QL5s8Zf.png

gFQd0j2.png

xhi2w9r.png

Twink-, I mean Troye Sivan's debut album has been one of my most favorite albums ever. The production just kinda describes myself, poppy but a bit mellow and sad undertones. With the first half being his "WILD - EP" and the latter half of the album being filled with newer tracks. Blue Neighbourhood (to me) describes the society we live in and how we're all depressed and gay jj4. With stellar pop tracks like "FOOLS", "TALK ME DOWN" and "LOST BOY", Troye creates one of the best pop albums of this decade. Many of you may think he's just another 2015 try-hard, but he really delivered beautiful pop songs with an innovative sound. He talks about teen (and even adult) themes like insecurity, LGBTQ+, love and self-acceptance. Great job on this album Troye, forever thankful!

#LucaSUGGESTS: "HEAVEN", "FOOLS" and "TALK ME DOWN"

tWfQN08.png

719SroNweJL._SL1500_.jpg

d6cKbqV.png

#FreakyREVIEW: I used to be a very big Lana fan until 2015 or so when I eventually lost interest. However, Born To Die has remained a highlight for me from this decade and it has definitely paved its way as a classic album. I guess I am kinda biased, but I find it so strange when people don't name "Born To Die" as her best, but I guess that's just my opinion. There's not even one filler or bad song on it, it's so perfectly crafted and built with a consistent theme throughout it. This album has also clearly influenced a lot of other altenative acts that came after it. And as I'm writing this I'm realizing that I don't have much more to say about it oop. Her fans are enjoying her new music, so good for both her and them, but none of her new albums will strike a spark with me like "Born To Die" has.

#FreakyTRINITY: Blue Jeans / Lucky Ones / National Anthem

hJMj3Pc.png

Up9EhIr.jpg

Xe5KRq4.png

#PhoebeREVIEW: 'Dirty Computer' is the third studio album by the multi-talented Janelle Monae. I wouldn't have heard this body of work if it hadn't been praised to Heavens and back by her followers on Twitter. One day, I decided to give it a spin or two totally not knowing that it would end up being my most favorite of the year. The perfect bland of the genres with R&B and funk being the most dominant, together with the lyrical content is what makes this album special. The mixture of its themes, including her pansexuality, black background, LGBT rights, the modern day American politics will be the key elements that will make this album stand the test of time.

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Crazy, Classic, Life | Make Me Feel | Django Jane

1 hour ago, Phoebe said:

hJMj3Pc.png

Up9EhIr.jpg

Xe5KRq4.png

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Crazy, Classic, Life | Make Me Feel | Django Jane

Is Phoebe going to be my fave reviewer? Another album I have never listened in full and I’m interested in ugh

33 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Is Phoebe going to be my fave reviewer? Another album I have never listened in full and I’m interested in ugh

OMG sis you should listen to this masterpiece asap rose1

17 minutes ago, Agent X said:

Let's see if the taste will be served.

Jrjmqg6.png

The taste is being served left and right in this thread tho whit2

W0XyZYG.png

oI4nZhz.png

LufwrDU.png

"Oh Wonder" by Oh Wonder is probably the most alternative out of all the albums in this list. They consist of 2 people: Anthony and Josephine. It was 2015 and I was bored of listening to the same music and over again, I went to check YouTube for some new music (yes it was my edgy era). I stumbled upon one of   less known songs "White Blood", a soft, beautiful and slow ballad about depending on eachother. They were a really small group when I checked them out, like, they had about 50k subscribers on YouTube maybe? I fell in love with the songs they released so far. A few months later they released this album. This album is so minimalistic in production but so so so SO gorgeous, they have that sort of touch that Billie Eilish has in her songs. Little production, but so many details and elements that make a song just perfect. Anthony and Josephine harmonize eachother so well, serving us soft but gorgeous vocals with stellar productions. I'd describe them as alternative pop. I'd recommend this to those who love Billie Eilish, Lana Del Rey, Adele, FINNEAS and Troye Sivan.

#LucaSUGGESTS: "The Rain", "Dazzle", "All We Do" and "Plans"

xLHiXuj.png

pyxrUh4.jpg

Z04kA6s.png

#FreakyREVIEW: With the release of "Emotion" in 2015, Carly became the underground pop queen and her albums cult ones. This was a tough decision til the very last moment (when I had to send Luca my list for the graphics) on whether to pick Emotion or Dedicated. I guess I leaned more towards Dedicated because it's a bit more easy to listen to than Emotion, while is like the louder version. Not that that's a bad thing, but I find Dedicated a tad more listenable, while Emotion requires a certain mood, in my opinion. I have to say, I was kinda sleeping on Carly for a while, but for the release of Dedicated I was all woke and ready. And it was no disappointment, Carly as usual, released an album full of straight up 100% pop music, but the difference now from 2012 and 2015 is that pure pop, or should I say, bubblegum pop, is almost non-existent, so Carly is always a breath of fresh air. Oh, and listening to this hits differently when you're crushing over someone.

#FreakyTRINITY: Happy Not Knowing / Now That I Found You / Real Love

NVGqh0r.png

rahU6Mj.jpg

CaBs8zQ.png

#PhoebeREVIEW: It was so hard to decide whether to put 4, Lemonade or Self-Titled as one of my favorite albums from this decade. But in the end, I finally made the decision to include this masterpiece and I have my reasons why. The impact that this album has will forever live on. It completely changed the music industry for the better and solidifed Beyonce as one of the, if not the, biggest people in the world. Many other albums have followed the infamous surprise drop thanks to this body of work. Beyonce completely changed the game 180 degrees. She literally made 17 music videos for its 14 songs. Whew, can you say legendaric? Also, one of the main keys that I included this album is because I used to be so obsessed with it the entire years of 2014 and 2015 and it's the album that made me a fan. I'll always cherish the memories when I first heard it.

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Pretty Hurts | No Angel | Partition

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.