Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

The Powerpuff Poppers: A Decade Of Pop

ZIFMsDX.png

upHJHMG.jpg

MfaHzbH.png

#PhoebeREVIEW: Yes, Rihanna's best album. Everything about it is just STELLAR as my good friend Luca would say. I mean, this is objective, honestly, truly. At first listen I wasn't very impressed with it since Rihanna was only a singles artist in my mind and I thought she couldn't carry an entire album by herself. But boy was I wrong. Something inside me just kept on telling me to go back to it again and again. And I'm glad I did. This album solidifed Rihanna's artistry and she had the most control over this album in comparison to her other erlier works. It totally deserves every single praise it gets and it ought to carry the title as the longest-charting female black album with pride.

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Close to You | Kiss It Better | Love on the Brain

Rcg2W5o.png

ZzXGi7K.png

d6jwbRp.png

This is the album that introduced me to Lana. It was in summer 2015 that I finally checked her out, before this, I would consider her boring and cheesy. Damn was I ignorant and wrong (and I was one of those people that liked the remixes more than the album versions, don't drag me @Madonna ajay1). "Honeymoon" is the perfect example of a romantic summer evening. With much echo on her voice, violins and strings, it makes "Honeymoon" Lana's lightest record. She also uses trap beats for the first time in her music (see High By The Beach, Art Deco, Freak), making the album a little bit experimental for Lana's standards. I do see this album as almost conceptual, the songs have this certain aesthetic that you could link to a vintage movie. All by all, this is the album where I fell in love with Lana and her voice. The majority of her stans might call it her weakest, but it is in my opinion her best work (besides maybe NFR!) but that's a discussion for the future. 

#LucaSUGGESTS: "Terrence Loves You", "Swan Song", "The Blackest Day" and "Religion"

Mqrf4P7.png

la-et-ms-pop-reviews-tinashe-aquarius-20141007.jpg

Fn1l3B7.png

#FreakyREVIEW: As I was talking previously on Billie about how I wouldn't have necessarily enjoyed that type of music a few years ago, well as far as I remember Aquarius was the album that really made me kinda step away from my comfort zone musically. I can't say that I am suddenly into every single genre, but I definitely enjoy them more and have more tolerance and patience while listening to an album that isn't really pop. I listened to Aquarius first in a listening thread here on FOTP with a few people and at first I wasn't really feeling it for the reason stated above. But with time, it grew so much on me and I appreciate it so much. A very chill, sexy, seductive and moody collection of songs. Imagine listening to this on a rainy day... Songs like "Bet", "Cold Sweat", "How Many Times" are so fitting for that. So well produced, written, arranged, but not managed by a label. Tinashe managed to prove her endless talent to the masses while delivering an amazing RnB body of work.

#FreakyTRINITY: All Hands On Deck / Feels Like Vegas / Wildfire

5 minutes ago, Luca said:

The majority of her stans might call it her weakest, but it is in my opinion her best work (besides maybe NFR!) but that's a discussion for the future. 

Not you listing @Madonna's least favorite Llama albums as your favorite ajay1

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Speak for yourself whit2

I wouldn't consider liking one R&B album making you appreciate other albums that are not your go-to dated 150bpm dated electropop sound whit2

6 hours ago, Luca said:

aeH5mWC.png

gFQd0j2.png

xhi2w9r.png

#LucaSUGGESTS: "HEAVEN", "FOOLS" and "TALK ME DOWN"

one of the best debut albums period! whit2 glad to see if made your top 10 yes, ngl i overplayed the album a bit now and feel like he really found his sound with Bloom, but Blue Neighbourhood is such an important album for him (and me personally) that i can't say anything bad about it whit2

LOST BOY, BITE and for him. are those girlies whit2

6 hours ago, Phoebe said:

hJMj3Pc.png

Up9EhIr.jpg

Xe5KRq4.png

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Crazy, Classic, Life | Make Me Feel | Django Jane

wait why did i think this was from early 2019 omg i'm going insane rip4 excellence tho yes! and your trinity is kinda perfect omg points were made whit2

1 hour ago, Freaky Prince said:

xLHiXuj.png

pyxrUh4.jpg

Z04kA6s.png

AOTY 2019 yes i'm glad someone has it here whit2 Real Love is that bitch! whit2

No Drug Like Me, Real Love and Julien are probs my faves but the album is so good you can list anything (except The Sound) and you're correct whit2

Just now, Hyun. said:

No Drug Like Me, Real Love and Julien are probs my faves but the album is so good you can list anything (except The Sound) and you're correct whit2

I forgot how much i used to bop to Julien! whit2 

7 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

wait why did i think this was from early 2019 omg i'm going insane rip4 excellence tho yes! and your trinity is kinda perfect omg points were made whit2

Hyun.'s taste kinda the most STELLAR one that's out there whit2

10 minutes ago, Phoebe said:

I wouldn't consider liking one R&B album making you appreciate other albums that are not your go-to dated 150bpm dated electropop sound whit2

Me listening to Lana and Lana only 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.