Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

The Powerpuff Poppers: A Decade Of Pop

zOG7a5e.png

481267_10150812469991080_128054411079_9851970_946316547_n.jpg

GAiXIMv.png

#FreakyREVIEW: Just 3 years into her career! I still don't get how can anyone name any other album as her best, besides Born This Way. There is not one flaw about this album. She managed to make songs like "Government Hooker" and "You And I" to be on the same album, yet neither feel out of place. The variety of genres, influences, the lyrics, the visuals... Her bridge game has definitely peaked here. And the era itself was an experience, tho it was so packed, there are still interviews and even performances I have never seen n. It's kinda sad to think she might never again release an album as good as this, because her drive for music is not like how it used to be, but whatever, not the place. 

#FreakyTRINITY: Bloody Mary / Government Hooker / Scheisse

MnUtmsk.png

hS7zRat.jpg

8IpsT7g.png

#PhoebeREVIEW: Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of miss Katheryn until I heard PRISM. I had never seen her as a serious artist before that. Having heard Roar I wasn't expecting much of the album since it hadn't left a huge impression on me, but after 'Legendary Lovers' things took a wild turn. The perfectly crafted pop songs with personal lyrics make it hard for you to not enjoy this album. Originally intended to be much darker than her previous efforts, this body of work was her first album after divorcing her then-husband Russell Brand and a lot of the songs are inspired by him. Many pop music fans see this album as a carbon copy of Teenage Dream or an uninspired project but I still can't see that. Not as long as songs like 'By the Grace of God', 'Unconditionally' and 'Double Rainbow' are on it. It had been a long time since I last heard the album until October 2017 when I was feeling the lowest in my life and was facing many issues. This album was there for me to pick me up and tell me that 'after a hurricane always comes a rainbow'. As long as I am alive, this masterpiece will always hold a special place in my heart and any slander towards it will not be tolerated.

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Love Me | By the Grace of God | Unconditionally | Choose Your Battles | This Moment

zvtscqN.png

sCifuok.jpg

ruX4R3h.png

#PhoebeREVIEW: This record showcases the Queen of Rap's rawest and most vulnerable side. This was the first rap album that I truly fell in love with at first listen. Whew, imagine making a 23-song album and all 23 of those songs being one of your best ever. Not everyone has that. During this time, Nicki was at the peak of her game and released nothing but quality smash hits, such as 'Bang Bang', 'Anaconda', 'Only' and 'Feeling Myself'. I remember watching the Anaconda video for the first time and knowing that it's gonna be a staple in pop culture. It's no surprise that this is considered her best album since its production still sounds fresh to this day and her pengame was at the strongest during that time period. Some of the songs showcase her break-up with long-time boyfriend, Safaree Samuels, especially the opening tracks. I could go on and on about this body of work but one thing is for sure, this album will always be Nicki's best one and she wil never top it.

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: All Things Go | Grand Piano | The Crying Game | Pills N Potions | I Lied

qTDiTC8.png

tumblr_mtk6is0CFF1qagc9po1_1379906308_cover.jpg

ZhzJcT4.png

#FreakyREVIEW: Stanning Natalia after 2015 = braver than the US marines. If "Electra Heart" was a concept album, this is a whole story. I don't even know how to explain how good this album is to me. Like, it tells a whole story. Her family, her childhood, running away from home, setting the house on fire... all wrapped up in the album. It's pretty much an autobiography of her. The songwriting? ASTONISHING. "Outta Time" is the only bad song, but we will give it a free pass, since the whole rest of the album is absolutely flaw-free. I'll foerver and ever be mad at X Factor for what they did to her. I also miss stanning her so much, but the Cruel Youth music ain't it.

#FreakyTRINITY: Stop Me / Trouble / Watching You

9 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

go off! especially when the one "bad song" is undoubtedly Devils Don't Fly if any jj4 

Sis it’s one of my faves wyd

26 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

It's the weakest on the album FOR SURE rose1

jj2 

dtA4jon.png

500x500.jpg

hzSCZVO.png

#FreakyREVIEW: I had wanted to check Robyn's music out for a long time, but I finally had to make myself do it when there was a megarate on GagaDaily (2016). I remember the first song I listened to was "Love Kills" and I was really feeling it. When I first heard the album in full, I thought it was okay, a solid piece. But, with time I kept coming back to it for a reason and it kept growing on me to the point where I literally love all 18 tracks. Eighteen tracks and zero filler? Wow! My trinity is quite random, I can literally put any song in it (except for like 4-5) and it be correct for me. I know that many people here might have not heard this album, but I highly recommend it. Filled with bops from start to finish, and I don't mean cheesy bops, I guarantee you will love it. It has always been a two horse race between "Trouble" and this on which is my favorite album overall, but "Body Talk" definitely takes the cake.

#FreakyTRINITY: Dancing On My Own / Get Myself Together / Indestructible

HmmOA4F.pngNiAwzz7.jpg

zvB0nFB.png

#PhoebeREVIEW: The way this album had an impact on my life I believe no other album will ever have. It was the first album that I listened to, Gaga was the first pop girl that I stanned, her music videos were the first music videos that I saw on MTV... I remember watching her videos on YouTube and then decided to check out her Wikipedia page and came across her albums. Born This Way's visuals and song titles sounded the most intimidating to me and I immediately went to listen to it. With just the opening church bells of 'Marry the Night', I was already hooked. She literally made a song for every genre and made them cohesive as they could be. Yes, there are a few flaws here and there with questionable songs like 'Bad Kids' and Fashion of His Love' but she still made them sound enjoyable at least. I was so obsessed with this album and I would have never thought that I would still be obsessed with it in 2020.

#PhoebeSUGGESTS: Marry the Night | Government Hooker | Bloody Mary | Heavy Metal Lover | The Edge of Glory

i def see a lot of taste here! rose1

i'm sorry for not dropping by very often but i'm a little done with lists generally since barely finishing my own end decade one last year; an exhausting process so last thing i wanna see on FOTP are rankings of any kind fall2

28 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

i def see a lot of taste here! rose1

i'm sorry for not dropping by very often but i'm a little done with lists generally since barely finishing my own end decade one last year; an exhausting process so last thing i wanna see on FOTP are rankings of any kind fall2

Stay tuned for our Top 12 2000s albums rose1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:21 AM, Madonna said:

Add No Way, Animal & Reloaded and you actually have an even better ALBUM! whit2 

1. Dance in the Dark - Fear of Self
  2. Bad Romance - Fear of Love
  3. Monster - Fear of Men
  4. Animal - Fear of Authority
  5. Teeth - Fear of Truth
  6. Alejandro - Fear of Sex
  7. No Way - Fear of Betrayal
  8. Reloaded - Fear of Rest
  9. Telephone - Fear of Suffocation
  10. So Happy I Could Die - Fear of Alcohol
  11. Speechless - Fear of Death

There's a reason i stannd Alejandro that much i see whit2