Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

La Isla Bonita outviewed All I Want For Christmas Is You, why?

All I Want For Christmas total yearly views from 2 official videos = 127 million views
https://kworb.net/youtube/video/yXQViqx6GMY.html
https://kworb.net/youtube/video/aAkMkVFwAoo.html

La Isla Bonita total yearly views from 2 official videos = 143.9 million views
https://kworb.net/youtube/video/zpzdgmqIHOQ.html
https://kworb.net/youtube/video/qqIIW7nxBgc.html

The one was overpromoted by everyone, from Spotify to Mariah, her team and her fans. The one hasn't been promoted in 34 years, yet outviewed AIWFCIY. The real biggest classic jumped out. There are so many old BGs threads i wanna find just to post 'this aged like milk'.

EfUaH67.gif

I guarantee you the GP and younger generations remember AIWFCIY more. A hit holiday song grants an artist timeless every year.

Plus, it hit #1 and made Mariah the only artist to have a #1 in four decades. Why isn’t La Isla Bonita bouncing back to #1 too if it’s so big? jj2 

Just now, Umbreon said:

I guarantee you the GP and younger generations remember AIWFCIY more. A hit holiday song grants an artist timeless every year.

Plus, it hit #1 and made Mariah the only artist to have a #1 in four decades. Why isn’t La Isla Bonita bouncing back to #1 too if it’s so big? jj2 

Cause Madonna isn't that desperate to keep promoting a 20th century song??? jj2 I guarantee you the GP and younger generations searched La Isla Bonita more times than AIWFIY on Youtube, who is one of the biggest platforms of the internet. jj2

4 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Why isn’t La Isla Bonita bouncing back to #1 too if it’s so big? jj2 

Why AIWFCIY flopping on Youtube if it went #1? Could it be payola? jj2 

15 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

I think that might not be the case all around the world. La Isla Bonita is extremely popular in Latin America, Spain, Portugal and probably in places where AIWFCIY isn't even nearly as celebrated as it is wherever you are.

AIWFCIY has been added at the top of EVERY Christmas playlist on Spotify by Mariah's team, it has had shit ton of promo (like every year) including commercials, airplay, and even a second video. It is being pushed on all social media platforms. I've even gotten ads on Facebook from an account I don't follow asking people in Germany to stream t so it could get to #1. dead2 The amount of payola and promo that goes into that song is astounding. But it's even more astounding that a random song by Madonna can challenge that in some ways with absolutely no additional promo.

Honestly, it's likely because "La Isla Bonita" is not a holiday song, much like "All I Want for Christmas is You" is, and that likely played a part in that. I don't believe it had anything to do with Madonna vs. Mariah; it was the music itself.

2 hours ago, Umbreon said:

ari8

33 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Classic idiotic thread made by a fossil that didn’t stir a shit although it tried very hard to do so. Oh well, maybe next time!

gag1 

La Isla Bonita outstreams the shite out of AIWFCIY in every platform that payola fails to help it and that's the tea.

emotegaga2.png

1 hour ago, Régine Filange said:

La Isla Bonita outstreams the shite out of AIWFCIY in every platform that payola fails to help it and that's the tea.

emotegaga2.png

like what streaming platform exactly? ari6ari6ari6  

13 hours ago, Madonna said:

AIWFCIY has been added at the top of EVERY Christmas playlist on Spotify by Mariah's team, it has had shit ton of promo (like every year) including commercials, airplay, and even a second video. It is being pushed on all social media platforms. I've even gotten ads on Facebook from an account I don't follow asking people in Germany to stream t so it could get to #1. dead2 The amount of payola and promo that goes into that song is astounding. But it's even more astounding that a random song by Madonna can challenge that in some ways with absolutely no additional promo.

Even if it had zero payola/promo, it’d still be a hit every Christmas. You don’t see George Michael shaking his corpse for his smash Christmas hit each year. You don’t see Brenda Lee shakin her 75-year old ass for Rockin Around the Christmas Tree yet it hit #2 this year.

That’s the beauty of a holiday hit. Mariah just went the extra mile to ensure a 19th #1. Cuz... why WOULDN’T you try to extend your record? Even without promo, the song will be a hit for generations to come, long after her death. 

undefined

22 hours ago, Umbreon said:

I guarantee you the GP and younger generations remember AIWFCIY more.

Well, some people don't celebrate Christmas and don't care about that song. aura1 

Anyway, it is great if Mariah manages to be successful thanks to that song, but that song turned her into a nostalgia act for a long time. She maybe scored a no.1, but it is an old song, not a new song. She didn't beat anyone. Yes, she broke a record, but at the same time it took her 20 something years to make it a hit. eve1

7 minutes ago, Agent X said:

Well, some people don't celebrate Christmas and don't care about that song. aura1 

Anyway, it is great if Mariah manages to be successful thanks to that song, but that song turned her into a nostalgia act for a long time. She maybe scored a no.1, but it is an old song, not a new song. She didn't beat anyone. Yes, she broke a record, but at the same time it took her 20 something years to make it a hit. eve1

this is factually incorrect. The song would have hit #1 on the Hot 100  in the middle of the 2000's if it was allowed. Billboard rules changed in the 10s, but before that the song was not allowed to chart even though it had the stats to be #1. It also didn't chart originally because of Billboard's rules. It was always a hit, it's just one that keeps getting bigger each year. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.