Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

J.LO, Beyoncé, and Taylor all SNUBBED

not everyone can get two nominations, let alone one brit9

Best Original Song

“I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away,” Toy Story 4

“(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again,” Rocketman

“I’m Standing With You,” Breakthrough

“Into the Unknown,” Frozen 2

“Stand Up,” Harriet

Best Supporting Actress

Kathy Bates, Richard Jewell

Laura Dern, Marriage Story

Scarlett Johansson, Jojo Rabbit

Florence Pugh, Little Women

Margot Robbie, Bombshell

24 minutes ago, Manel said:

They also snubbed Lupita for Best Actress.

Another year, another #OscarsSoWhite

aura1

Lupita was never going to happen. She hasn’t been nominated for anything else this season. 

11 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Lupita was never going to happen. She hasn’t been nominated for anything else this season. 

She deserved though.

Makes me wonder how production companies pushing their movies and actors down the voters' throats might affect nominations.

juicy1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:54 PM, Manel said:

They also snubbed Lupita for Best Actress.

Another year, another #OscarsSoWhite

aura1

It isn't that. Oscars ignore horror movies.

In 2018 Hereditary had good acting. Suspiria (2018) deserved to be nominated too, at least for cinematography, effects, costumes and music. 

Anyway, Lupita has already won the Oscar. So, how many does she really need? eve1 I mean, Glenn Close has never won and she deserved so many times. Talk about being truly snubbed. At least Lupita has one, so implying it is racism this time is a little bit unfair to Glenn.

1 hour ago, SeekingThrill said:

It isn't that. Oscars ignore horror movies.

In 2018 Hereditary had good acting. Suspiria (2018) deserved to be nominated too, at least for cinematography, effects, costumes and music. 

Anyway, Lupita has already won the Oscar. So, how many does she really need? eve1 I mean, Glenn Close has never won and she deserved so many times. Talk about being truly snubbed. At least Lupita has one, so implying it is racism this time is a little bit unfair to Glenn.

Viola Davis hasn't won an Oscar. Octavia Spencer hasn't won an Oscar. Angela Bassett hasn't won an Oscar...

And it's obvious they have snubbed some movies and actresses that everyone seemed to think would get at least nominated this year like Awkwafina for The Farewell (the movie and the director, a female, were also snubbed), Eddie Murphy for Dolemite and even JLo for Hustlers and we could also talk about the cast of Parasite. So many great performances that got snubbed just to nominate Scarlett Johanson in 2 different acting categories.

juicy1

41 minutes ago, Manel said:

Viola Davis hasn't won an Oscar. Octavia Spencer hasn't won an Oscar. Angela Bassett hasn't won an Oscar...

And it's obvious they have snubbed some movies and actresses that everyone seemed to think would get at least nominated this year like Awkwafina for The Farewell (the movie and the director, a female, were also snubbed), Eddie Murphy for Dolemite and even JLo for Hustlers and we could also talk about the cast of Parasite. So many great performances that got snubbed just to nominate Scarlett Johanson in 2 different acting categories.

juicy1

viola and octavia have won though, angela strangely was only nominated once and didn't win it.. she's so amazing, she deserves one. I agree with the rest tbh

13 minutes ago, hector said:

viola and octavia have won though, angela strangely was only nominated once and didn't win it.. she's so amazing, she deserves one. I agree with the rest tbh

Oop, forgot about Fences.

Not in a main actress category though.

aura1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.