Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Hot doctor roasts Lady Gaga

1 hour ago, Jae said:

He’s right 

I disagree ... where exactly did Gaga give bad or "potentially harmful" medical advice? wat2

Basically he just pointed that most people can't afford psychiatric care, and that there aren't enough psychiatrists to care for the millions of potential patients.. none of these are medical reasons ari6  Gaga's words aren't "disappointing", what's disappointing is that the healthcare system in the US is fundamentally flawed and that lower class people have almost no chance of overcoming their mental health problems when their care is so negligent.. Also it's well known that over-prescription is a serious issue in the US, so Gaga is absolutely right in pointing out that alternative options should always be sought out if possible. 

Her pretending to be a God chosen (she literally almost used that sentence, literally) philanthropist has to be one of the most confusing routes she took tbh. ajay1 She's all talk and it's honestly cringe-worthy and pretty embarrassing to see her make statements like "I promise I will solve the mental health crisis this decade by making mathematicians and doctors solve them" and then having an actual doctor ironically clock her for being unrealistic. ayumi1

The fact that The Born This Way Foundation has been active for 8 years and accepted millions in donations and yet all it practically did is a couple of online surveys says it all, this is more about her cynical need to be viewed as important while not really committing to anything of merit, it's so easy to go up there and just rant the way she does, cool, but then don't pretend like you're solving a modern human crisis by selling make up and getting people to pay $100 to see you and Oprah talk about how hard their lives are. 

I don't doubt her intentions are good, but no one can tell me her actions are not skeptical and/or are not worthy of being criticized. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.