Sign in to follow this  

Your Musical Gilded Age

LÉON 13,091

When did music peak for you? Or what period of music do you look back on most fondly?

My Belle Epop was 2004-2006, when pop music was queen and the music videos served. Cool by Gwen, Maneater by Nelly and Hung Up by Madge were stand-out, Earth-shattering pop music moments, the likes of which I've rarely experienced since (although 2008-2010 was also wig-inducing, with The Fame Monster era and alternative-pop artists like Marina, Ellie and Paloma emerging cry6)

CHANEL #1 10,410

Recent pop music has been making me realize just how good music was from like 2008-2012. 

I'm SOO done with all the trap influenced crap. And like the super airy/spacey sound. 

I miss all the noise, the loud crazy instrumentals. 

I love what Dua is doing with her 80s revival though.

LÉON 13,091
2 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Recent pop music has been making me realize just how good music was from like 2008-2012. 

I'm SOO done with all the trap influenced crap. And like the super airy/spacey sound. 

I miss all the noise, the loud crazy instrumentals. 

I love what Dua is doing with her 80s revival though.

Current pop music is so tired they have to resuscitate old sounds juicy1

DSN seems like the first proper pop banger we've had in YEARS. Although I'd say it's more 70s (verses) and early 00s (chorus) in flavour.

CHANEL #1 10,410
25 minutes ago, Sleep Deprived said:

Current pop music is so tired they have to resuscitate old sounds juicy1

DSN seems like the first proper pop banger we've had in YEARS. Although I'd say it's more 70s (verses) and early 00s (chorus) in flavour.

It really is. I'm so excited for her album because of that. I've been hearing about a song called Physical she has coming out soon which has been described as a dark pop banger. It got loosely compared to Judas and I'm just so incredible amped for something like that.

Halsey had me really excited after Nightmare but Manic was extremely disappointing. I was hoping she'd go all out with the 00s revival. 

Taylor disappointed me massively. Lover was so bland as a whole imo. Everything sounds so same-y nowadays.

LÉON 13,091
7 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

It really is. I'm so excited for her album because of that. I've been hearing about a song called Physical she has coming out soon which has been described as a dark pop banger. It got loosely compared to Judas and I'm just so incredible amped for something like that.

Halsey had me really excited after Nightmare but Manic was extremely disappointing. I was hoping she'd go all out with the 00s revival. 

Taylor disappointed me massively. Lover was so bland as a whole imo. Everything sounds so same-y nowadays.

Saving the best tea for the end jj2 Halsey was cute for a hot second circa Hurricane, but then she became a bland RnB-lite girl which just served to show up how irritating her voice is jj4

I'm perched for Dua Lipa's next album. I think it's going to be her Imperial Phase jj2

2011 was when I really started listening to the top 40 radio. I have huge rose colored, nostalgia fueled lenses for that era but truthfully it felt like all the pop girls were out! All the pop girls of my time were releasing! Britney was back, my #1 fave Katy was soaring, Christina was on, Gaga and Rihanna and P!nk and Kesha and even Beyoncé (everyone said 4 was a flop lmao) was grabbing attention!!!! 

Jae 23,757
2 hours ago, CHANEL #1 said:

Ooof, hard agree. Haven't revisited the album as a whole pretty much since it came out. Very disappointing. 

TCCM 5,753

I closed the last decade. Last year I was still in 2017/18 but now I listen to 00s music the most.

i love 90s/00s music the most but am I the only one that doesn't really mind the trap domination jj3 

like its really not that bad...in fact i despise the 2011'd EDM pop music because most of it is dated rn jj4 

to each their own i guess but this decade wasn't bad if you knew where to look. Twigs, Tinashe, Kelela, Rihanna, Beyonce, Rosalia, Ariana (especially 18-19) and more.