Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Daenerys

'Parasite' makes history at SAG Awards!

9 hours ago, bleachhairedasshole said:

I'm so glad the cast got recognized, since the Oscars didn't nominate any of the actors :(

I need to watch it. jj2  

Shows like the Oscars are pretty much focused on works in English. So foreign  movies usually have a chance only in one category, although they managed to win in other categories, but that wasn't common. The Oscars pose like an international show, but it has always been an American thing focused on American film industry.

What makes the Oscars special is the show and so many famous people. That's it really. eve1 I think some European festivals like Cannes Film Festival are more credible and truly international. Oscar seem like a no.1. award in film, but that's an illusion. 

Although Parasite isn't the first movie that deserves acclaim by Western media and shows, Asian film industry doesn't really need approval or acclaim from American shows to show their movies are great too.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.