Ariana

The Coronavirus Thread

On 3/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, Princess Aurora said:

This is the second day of being lockdown in Italy. There are currently four cases in my city and the number hasn't grown since then luckily

Here in the Philippines, Manila (The nation's capital is on Lockdown, the gorvenment called it Community Quarantine but it's just fucking the same. brit12) we have 52 or so cases and five people infected passed away.

The entire city will have class suspension for over thirty days and since I work at a school with a no work, no pay policy, looks like I'll be broke at the end of the month so poor me.

I might dip into my Post Graduate degree savings again this month. brit12

7 hours ago, Austin! said:

Here in the Philippines, Manila (The nation's capital is on Lockdown, the gorvenment called it Community Quarantine but it's just fucking the same. brit12) we have 52 or so cases and five people infected passed away.

The entire city will have class suspension for over thirty days and since I work at a school with a no work, no pay policy, looks like I'll be broke at the end of the month so poor me.

I might dip into my Post Graduate degree savings again this month. brit12

That sounds messy rip4 I'm stuck with everything right now as well. Here it looks like we've just turned into China to be honest 

On 3/12/2020 at 2:03 AM, The Sorcerer said:

i don`t get it, there are deseases way more lethal and easily spread than corona and yet no lockdowns.

i had zika, dengue 3x, and chikungunha... these have way higher lethality each. No paranoia at all.

True, but those are primarly arthropod borne diseases and while definitely present, not as easily or rapidly spread as respiratory infections such as influenza and now covid-19 that don't require other mediators ( insects ). For example, rabies has almost 100 % fatality, but is more easily regulated viral disease.

I agree that panic is not the way to go through this, but they are many people in the world who already have various kinds of immunodeficiencies, metabolic and other chronic diseases ( diabetes, hypertension, other heart and lung conditions ), other infections that are vulnerable to this. So, all this hype building up is to contain virus for it to be hard to get to those who fall under risk group. Also, the more a microorganism is spread between living beings, the more virulent it gets.

2 hours ago, Ghostface said:

True, but those are primarly arthropod borne diseases and while definitely present, not as easily or rapidly spread as respiratory infections such as influenza and now covid-19 that don't require other mediators ( insects ). For example, rabies has almost 100 % fatality, but is more easily regulated viral disease.

I agree that panic is not the way to go through this, but they are many people in the world who already have various kinds of immunodeficiencies, metabolic and other chronic diseases ( diabetes, hypertension, other heart and lung conditions ), other infections that are vulnerable to this. So, all this hype building up is to contain virus for it to be hard to get to those who fall under risk group. Also, the more a microorganism is spread between living beings, the more virulent it gets.

PERIOD! 

My general vibe:

tenor.gif

Im in NYC and grocery stores are emptying out fast. cry3 

At the very least, I’m hoping this coronavirus will be the nail in Trump’s political coffin considering how much of a disaster his response has been thusfar. If the blood of unnecessary deaths of Americans on his hands don’t do it, nothing ever will cry5 

The first confirmed case came to my city yesterday morning and in the last 24 hours, it's been a swift shut down of schools and all non-chain businesses. And tbh I'm kinda glad, we could all use a week or two of not going out unless we have to. It may not be setting this town on fire, but we can at least help contain it as much as possible. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:44 AM, Snow said:

So the virus just made it's debut in my city and there are 20 cases including 2 in my part of town
I'm gonna fucking d*e
ari3

I told you the war is coming ari3

Stay safe hun hug1

3 hours ago, Entea said:

I told you the war is coming ari3

Stay safe hun hug1

The UK got hit first ari3
Thanks tho love, I do feel a little weird and I'm developing a sore throat so... if I disappear assume I'm quarantined ari3