Ariana

The Coronavirus Thread

Since the Philippines have had a surge of infected people, many people have been panic buying. The government already imposed a rule that one person can only buy two bottles of disinfectant.

Are we really nearing the end of the world?

I'm not the most religious person but some of my colleagues who trust the bible with their lives told me that it was written there. I mean, I do go to church from time to time but I think its rather too much.

Miss Covid is just triggering my anxiety.  

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

My general vibe:

tenor.gif

Im in NYC and grocery stores are emptying out fast. cry3 

At the very least, I’m hoping this coronavirus will be the nail in Trump’s political coffin considering how much of a disaster his response has been thusfar. If the blood of unnecessary deaths of Americans on his hands don’t do it, nothing ever will cry5 

My aunt is quite insistent that he'll actually try to postpone the election over this, which would be a nightmare scenario for various reasons dead2 

5 hours ago, Austin! said:

Since the Philippines have had a surge of infected people, many people have been panic buying. The government already imposed a rule that one person can only buy two bottles of disinfectant.

I'm not the most religious person but some of my colleagues who trust the bible with their lives told me that it was written there. I mean, I do go to church from time to time but I think its rather too much.

Precautions should absolutely be taken, but we are not remotely in danger of the end of the world. The vast majority of those to get the virus have already/will survive, but we should be careful to avoid becoming carriers and infecting those that are more vulnerable like the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.

8 hours ago, Austin! said:

It's good that you guys still have hand sanitizers & disinfectants for sale, because here it's completely run out everywhere because people were buying them in bulk to re-sell at a high price rip4 a single bottle could cost as much as $100, which is around the price of an international plane ticket.

I agree with Dennis Reynolds though. I don't think we're anywhere near the end of the world. The disease itself is non-lethal for most people, and the recovery rate is very high. It'll hurt us, but it's nothing that threatens our existence as a species. A plague of biblical proportions would've been closer to the bubonic plague rather than seasonal flu.

2 hours ago, Snow said:

It's good that you guys still have hand sanitizers & disinfectants for sale, because here it's completely run out everywhere because people were buying them in bulk to re-sell at a high price rip4 a single bottle could cost as much as $100, which is around the price of an international plane ticket.

Just use soap and water sis bebe1

23 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Just use soap and water sis bebe1

I mean sure, but that's not always viable. You gotta be able to clean on the go. If you come in contact with something/someone infected and it stays on your hands, by the time you get to a sink you probably already have infected yourself and/or others dead1 

34 minutes ago, Snow said:

I mean sure, but that's not always viable. You gotta be able to clean on the go. If you come in contact with something/someone infected and it stays on your hands, by the time you get to a sink you probably already have infected yourself and/or others dead1 

True. I have to keep reminding myself not to touch my body.mp3 face when I'm out and about moo9

7 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Precautions should absolutely be taken, but we are not remotely in danger of the end of the world. The vast majority of those to get the virus have already/will survive, but we should be careful to avoid becoming carriers and infecting those that are more vulnerable like the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.

5 hours ago, Snow said:

I agree with Dennis Reynolds though. I don't think we're anywhere near the end of the world. The disease itself is non-lethal for most people, and the recovery rate is very high. It'll hurt us, but it's nothing that threatens our existence as a species. A plague of biblical proportions would've been closer to the bubonic plague rather than seasonal flu.

My paranoia and anxiety disorder is just kicking in.

I don't even want to go to work tomorrow but my supervisor told us to report to work tomorrow since it's a Monday. There's already one case in a dormitory near the university I'm working at and it's just giving me more reason to just hole up in my room and forget about my salary since I'm on a no work, no pay scale. 

8 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

My aunt is quite insistent that he'll actually try to postpone the election over this, which would be a nightmare scenario for various reasons dead2 

GOD HELP US ALL fall1 

17 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

So I actually read something about this yesterday:

President Pelosi? ari9

Rumor has it that the USA is going on lockdown for 2 weeks and that the announcement will be made soon. This week should be... interesting

ngl im panicking a bit cause i cant find groceries ANYWHERE. ny3 

8 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

@Princess Aurora how are you and your loved ones doing now? 

I'm doing well luckily. The lockdown is working apparently , According to International Scientists they said that the number of cases is slowing down and we're gonna reach the peak in a couple of days . I really hope this will be over asap

2 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I'm doing well luckily. The lockdown is working apparently , According to International Scientists they said that the number of cases is slowing down and we're gonna reach the peak in a couple of days . I really hope this will be over asap

I’m very glad to hear!! Good luck out there. 

2 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

Ofc it does as it happened in China, idk why ppl from other countries can't just rot in their house for 2 weeks only and stop all this mess. jj4 Look at that video, their teenage rebellion came way later than the normal jj4