Ariana

The Coronavirus Thread

I just received a notification today that I may have been infected by covid19. I guy who works at the same company was working from home and this week he started feeling ill. He came from the US on march 4 and i had a meeting with him on march 9. He is being tested today. I am waiting for the result as it would be my 11th incubation day. i felt nothing till now... thx GOD I did not met anyone since.

-24% GDP 

That's not good. I think even at the height of the Great Depression, the GDP only shrank 13%. I believe that's the worst economic contraction that the United States has ever experienced, at least in a single quarter. I never thought we'd ever have to entertain the idea of an economic depression in this day and age, but if the Government can't get this under control that is what is going to happen. If businesses remain shut down and capital stops flowing, higher volumes of capital freeze and we're fucked. 

If you're not obeying a quarantine, do so. If you know someone that thinks we're all overreacting, you're not. If you know one of these douches going out and partying on beaches and shit, hit them. Hunker down, wait it out, save your money, and for god fucking sake wash your hands. The quicker this happens, the quicker we can go back to work and we get farther away from the verge of another Great Depression. As it is, it's going to take years to get back to normal, don't exacerbate it. 

The alternative is just to let all these people die, and even if we do that, there's no assurance that won't knock the economy into a depression anyway. 

On 3/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, The Sorcerer said:

I just received a notification today that I may have been infected by covid19. I guy who works at the same company was working from home and this week he started feeling ill. He came from the US on march 4 and i had a meeting with him on march 9. He is being tested today. I am waiting for the result as it would be my 11th incubation day. i felt nothing till now... thx GOD I did not met anyone since.

best of luck to you! i really hope you're safe of the virus.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:53 PM, The Sorcerer said:

I hope you are okay. Sending good energy your way cry3 

On 3/20/2020 at 6:53 PM, The Sorcerer said:

what happened legend? cry0 

On 3/18/2020 at 7:24 PM, Ruthless Love said:

So, turns out, despite my job being closed, we are still reporting into work for 8:30am to 5:00pm shifts only. Customers are not allowed in, but it's allowing us time to prep stock and put it out.

And, just like that, we are closed until "further notice." No ETA on return.