Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Princess Aurora

Definition of a FAD ?

3 minutes ago, TCCM said:

Nelly Furtado and Gwen Stefani fits in that description.

Not sure because Gwen Stefani is still an inspiration to some Female Singers from this Generation see Charli XCX and Kim Petras. A fad is someone like Samantha Mumba or Sonia 

2 minutes ago, TCCM said:

I have to agree with her.

Same here but creating drama just because her Publicist told her to was a bad marketing idea. Sure, you can't like Beyoncé but Shading other singers just because you don't like them, especially when you're a newcomer, can ruin your image. That is exactly what happened to her rip4 

10 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Untrue. The Fame had 4 smashes, The Fame Monster had 3 smashes, Born This Way had 4 smashes, Artpop yes only had the one hit, as did Joanne. But where her chart success didn’t always smash, other areas did. The tour for BTW saw her doing headline stadium gigs, as did the Joanne Tour. Her residency is one of the most successful in the history of Vegas. In the last 2 years alone she’s won an Oscar, a BAFTA, 2 CCAs, a Golden Globe, 3 Grammys, has been nominated for 3 more, was the lead actress in a universally acclaimed blockbuster film, and had one of the best selling songs of the year. I’m not the biggest Gaga fan but don’t call her fad when she clearly isn’t. 

Born This Way didn't have 4 smashes, let's not. Only lead can be called smash. Smash was Bad Romance and Poker Face, not Judas and TEOG, or Million Reasons. brit12 If you Gaga's career gonna revive after a soundtrack era, ok, but i disagree, her next era won't do impressive numbers, it will follow Joanne. brit12

22 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

lol3 Also New Generation Singers such as Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, FKA Twigs, Marina,etc.. are not considered fads (not yet)

Sis they are all the definition of FADS eve1 Miley with the Bangerz era, Demi with - well, did she even HAVE an era?, FKA Twigs was cool for about five seconds and Marina was only semi-relevant back in 2013.

12 minutes ago, Sleep Deprived said:

Sis they are all the definition of FADS eve1 Miley with the Bangerz era, Demi with - well, did she even HAVE an era?, FKA Twigs was cool for about five seconds and Marina was only semi-relevant back in 2013.

Not really. Because they're all still making and have a fan-base unlike the others they mentioned. Also Miley had a long career as a Disney star and even after she still seems relevant despite lack of promo and even quality at times juicy1 Demi is in the process of making a new song so this will judge her as a fad or not while Marina has been growing steadily especially with Clean Bandit juicy1 

7 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I can't believe you all forgot to mention Lil Nas X rip4 He's the definition of a FAD bey12

The fact that he's been forgotten already confirms his FAD status kylie6

8 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Not really. Because they're all still making and have a fan-base unlike the others they mentioned. 

Having a fanbase doesn't preclude you from being a fad mad5 Look at Carly or Kesha.

6 minutes ago, Sleep Deprived said:

Having a fanbase doesn't preclude you from being a fad mad5 Look at Carly or Kesha.

So basically you're still a fad when you still have a thousand/million of fans around the world ? I thought it was someone like making a big song and then never coming back to music ever again. See the Macarena guys gaga1

6 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

So basically you're still a fad when you still have a thousand/million of fans around the world ? I thought it was someone like making a big song and then never coming back to music ever again. See the Macarena guys gaga1

That's a one-hit wonder, sis jj3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.