Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Console Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

How did you play those Star Wars games, do you have an Xbox One or did you play them on something else? bebe1 

I sold my PS4 because I didn't really use it anymore. Now I regret it so much. I wanna play Kingdom Hearts again. bebe1

17 minutes ago, Jake said:

I swear on everything you could? I know I uninstalled some base applications unless I'm stupid dead2 Kinda glad the PS5 is coming because I was thinking of getting extra storage for my PS4 dead2 

There doesn't seem to be any option to get rid of The Playroom and such, so I looked on reddit and people were saying you can't bebe1 Maybe there's a trick they/I don't know.

@Jake I learned recently that Dreamcast can run on a VGA connection (the only one on my TV I'm not using), so I ordered the VGA cable for it and the male to female adapter for sound bebe1 Apparently it should look WAY better than AV does so I'm excited to try it, plus I'm pretty jazzed about the free AV space and the fact that I'm taking full advantage of all the ports bebe1 

20 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Jake I learned recently that Dreamcast can run on a VGA connection (the only one on my TV I'm not using), so I ordered the VGA cable for it and the male to female adapter for sound bebe1 Apparently it should look WAY better than AV does so I'm excited to try it, plus I'm pretty jazzed about the free AV space and the fact that I'm taking full advantage of all the ports bebe1 

IT CAN??? My god the Dreamcast was such a god tier console bebe1 Why did SEGA get too ballsy and have to flop that hard bebe1 

9 hours ago, Jake said:

IT CAN??? My god the Dreamcast was such a god tier console bebe1 Why did SEGA get too ballsy and have to flop that hard bebe1 

YES oprah15 Sega even made their own cable for it, but they're quite rare at this point and unlike many game accessories the third party ones for this are supposed to be good as well. This is the one I ordered, and the adapter: 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01850DCRY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JQM71H5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll have to tell you how it looks in person when I actually get my hands on it, but I already watched some YouTube videos on it and the difference is astounding bebe1 

@Jake so I got my Dreamcast VGA cable. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get audio on it bebe1 I'm not sure if it's the male to female adapter I have or if the VGA audio input on my TV doesn't work since I'd never tried it up to this point and it's about ten years old (so I can have one with AV/component basically, hard to find newer ones with either or especially both), but I may simply hook them into some high quality PC speakers and bypass the TV if I can't get it to work. Until then, it's back on AV bebe1 However, I can say that it terms of picture, VGA is a far better connection oprah15 I'm not sure exactly how clear it's gonna be since I can't really record footage from the Dreamcast and thus just took some pictures with an iPhone (rip4), but here's the difference:

AV:

Spoiler

CwcdMfq.jpgWtZ1bAr.jpgz9Qmba4.jpg

VGA:

Spoiler

cNujZnT.jpgseURYGo.jpgDzmn3EL.jpg

Funny enough I think the menu shows as the most stark difference in these pictures bebe1 But in person, it is clear from even a cursory glance that VGA is much better. 

On 1/12/2021 at 3:45 PM, Jake said:

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Jake so I got my Dreamcast VGA cable. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get audio on it bebe1 I'm not sure if it's the male to female adapter I have or if the VGA audio input on my TV doesn't work since I'd never tried it up to this point and it's about ten years old (so I can have one with AV/component basically, hard to find newer ones with either or especially both), but I may simply hook them into some high quality PC speakers and bypass the TV if I can't get it to work. Until then, it's back on AV bebe1 However, I can say that it terms of picture, VGA is a far better connection oprah15 I'm not sure exactly how clear it's gonna be since I can't really record footage from the Dreamcast and thus just took some pictures with an iPhone (rip4), but here's the difference:

AV:

Reveal hidden contents

VGA:

Reveal hidden contents

Funny enough I think the menu shows as the most stark difference in these pictures bebe1 But in person, it is clear from even a cursory glance that VGA is much better. 

Forgot to mention, I also got component cables for my PS2 and Xbox (which I have tested and both work perfectly) and am waiting on a 3-way switcher since I already have my Wii U hooked up via component and there's just the one input on the TV. Setup coming together bebe1 

@Jake so I bought a pair of speakers solely for the Dreamcast; have it hooked up via VGA full time now and can confirm it looks and sounds great this way! oprah15 I will probably space the speakers out to completely opposite ends of the entertainment unit though bebe1 also oops sending this picture made me realize the speakers are positioned the same way, let me fix that now bebe1 

H0ezmGX.jpgrbEz26O.jpg

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Jake so I bought a pair of speakers solely for the Dreamcast; have it hooked up via VGA full time now and can confirm it looks and sounds great this way! oprah15 I will probably space the speakers out to completely opposite ends of the entertainment unit though bebe1 also oops sending this picture made me realize the speakers are positioned the same way, let me fix that now bebe1 

H0ezmGX.jpgrbEz26O.jpg

This is gorgeous wow omg lemme know how it sounds when you play!!! 

The best thing I've done recently is get a second monitor for my pc gaming and it makes shit so much easier 💀 No more alt tabbing, just drag stuff to the other screen or I can watch a video while playing a game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.