Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Console Discussion Thread

Anyway, currently hooked up to my primary TV I have:

real consoles:

Retron 2 (NES/SNES)

Nintendo 64

Nintendo GameCube

Nintendo Wii

PS2

PS3

PS4

Sega Genesis 

Sega Saturn

Dreamcast

Xbox

Xbox 360

plug and play consoles:

Atari Flashback 8

PlayStation Classic

Sega Genesis Mini

Super Famicom Mini

I also have an NES, an Atari 2600 Jr. and a Sega Genesis Classic Game Console, but those aren't in use.

Got the Saturn and the SG Mini most recently and drilled some holes in the back of a shelf to accommodate them and moved some stuff around:

y3BevFD.jpg

qguep4n.jpg

8M1Ruk6_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

nedC8qU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

MeoLTde.jpg

FyRZk04.jpg

I'm not totally happy with the Retron 2 since it doesn't have full compatibility, so I want a real SNES and another NES (the one I have is on its last legs, basically), and for ones I don't have at all I want:

3DO Interactive Multiplayer 

Atari 7800

Atari Jaguar

Nintendo Switch

Turbografx-16

The Switch being the one I'm most likely to get next...

I've got a Nintendo Switch, and this past Christmas I got a Playstation 4. 

I sort of feel as though it was pointless of me to get a PS4, considering the PS5 is dropping next year. However, there are so many games I want to play that are Sony exclusives that I caved in and asked for one. Another reason I got it was because I want to play Mortal Kombat 11 on it. I have it on the Switch and the graphics... leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention it keep be extremely slow and laggy at times.

I've considered getting an Xbox One solely for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. But it was released on Steam, so no reason to get an Xbox now.

where i am now i have ps3, ps4, wii u, nintendo switch.

back in the uk i have an xbox 360.

i use the switch the most, i love the ps4 don't get me wrong but i like the portability of the switch and i can play overwatch wherever i go if i hotspot my phone. 

I have a Switch, Wii U, a few DS’s, a few 3DS’s, and a PS2. I wouldn’t be surprised if my Switch has one of my highest play times ever, due to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Pokemon Shield alone.

20 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I have a Switch, Wii U, a few DS’s, a few 3DS’s, and a PS2. I wouldn’t be surprised if my Switch has one of my highest play times ever, due to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Pokemon Shield alone.

Do you use the Switch more on the go or on a TV? I want one but I'd probably nearly exclusively use it when hooked up to a TV.

28 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Do you use the Switch more on the go or on a TV? I want one but I'd probably nearly exclusively use it when hooked up to a TV.

About half and half. If I have the light on then on TV, but if my light is off then I play it handheld. I also take it in the car a lot for long trips so it probably is about 50/50.

I have a wii I got like 8 years ago, an Xbox One and a Switch! cloud1

The only one I really use consistently is the Switch honestly, even that I don't use all too much anymore. That will change once Animal Crossing comes out though whit2 

Always feel like my collection is big and then you post yours and I feel minimalist afterwards dead2 

Lemme think, I have had

All 4 Playstations

Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy Advanced SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, 3 Nintendo 3DS's (a Old 3DS, a new 3DS and a 2DS)

Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii (x2), Wii-U, and 2 Nintendo Switches

whit2 

I have 2 big TVs I use; one in my bedroom and one in my computer room. In my bedroom, I have 2 Switch Docks and also my region free bluray player. In my computer room, I have 1 switch dock, another Switch charging cable, my PS4 and my PS2 plugged in. I would plug in my Wii too but my PC is strong enough to run my faves on Dolphin so...

I'm hoping the PS5 having FULL backwards compatibility rumors are true because I LOVEEEE my PS2 games but my PS2 needs repaired coz the laser is faulty and idk when i can be bothered to do that dead2 I also lowkey want to buy another N64 (since my brother stole mine lol3 ) but I read something last year about a new console that emulates it and can run them in HD? IDK if anyone knows more about it? 

Finally The reason I have 2 docks / charging stations for the Switch is because 1 of them is a CFW Switch and the other is my regular one so I like to make sure both are charged. I play the Switch on TV 95% of the time, usually with a pro controller. 

9 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Always feel like my collection is big and then you post yours and I feel minimalist afterwards dead2 

Lemme think, I have had

All 4 Playstations

Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy Advanced SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, 3 Nintendo 3DS's (a Old 3DS, a new 3DS and a 2DS)

Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii (x2), Wii-U, and 2 Nintendo Switches

whit2 

I have 2 big TVs I use; one in my bedroom and one in my computer room. In my bedroom, I have 2 Switch Docks and also my region free bluray player. In my computer room, I have 1 switch dock, another Switch charging cable, my PS4 and my PS2 plugged in. I would plug in my Wii too but my PC is strong enough to run my faves on Dolphin so...

I'm hoping the PS5 having FULL backwards compatibility rumors are true because I LOVEEEE my PS2 games but my PS2 needs repaired coz the laser is faulty and idk when i can be bothered to do that dead2 I also lowkey want to buy another N64 (since my brother stole mine lol3 ) but I read something last year about a new console that emulates it and can run them in HD? IDK if anyone knows more about it? 

Finally The reason I have 2 docks / charging stations for the Switch is because 1 of them is a CFW Switch and the other is my regular one so I like to make sure both are charged. I play the Switch on TV 95% of the time, usually with a pro controller. 

If it makes you feel any better I have absolutely none of the portable systems, and have never owned one rip2 

I know what you're talking about, re: Nintendo 64, that's gonna be the Retron Ult: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/n64-clone-console-coming-see-first-video-here/1100-6467419/ Based off of the other Retron consoles, I don't recommend buying from them, they don't have even close to full compatibility. With the Retron 2, here's what some of my games do (and it is the system - I've tried them on other consoles and they work):

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - glitchy mess that doesn't play at all 

Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures - plays, but there's a glitch flickering and shrinking/growing randomly in the centre of the screen

The Rocketeer - you can hear the music, but no picture

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts - horribly glitchy, you can move but you can't see anything

Super Mario World - bosses are invisible sometimes 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

If it makes you feel any better I have absolutely none of the portable systems, and have never owned one rip2 

I know what you're talking about, re: Nintendo 64, that's gonna be the Retron Ult: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/n64-clone-console-coming-see-first-video-here/1100-6467419/ Based off of the other Retron consoles, I don't recommend buying from them, they don't have even close to full compatibility. With the Retron 2, here's what some of my games do (and it is the system - I've tried them on other consoles and they work):

Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures - plays, but there's a glitch flickering and shrinking/growing randomly in the centre of the screen

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts - horribly glitchy, you can move but you can't see anything

welp dead2 I can always emulate I guess

On 1/26/2020 at 4:20 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Hylia @RihannaRTT so whilst I have yet to get a Switch, I did solve all my compatibility problems save Dracula's Curse by buying an actual Super Nintendo jj2 Got it in a bundle with Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World (even though I already own the latter - I might try to flip one copy at this other game store I go to dead2)

Tclt4dY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.