Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

If Billie didn't happen, would Ariana win?

Would Ariana win the big 4 if Billie didn't release last year?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will she?

2 hours ago, Luca said:

This should have been her night to be honest, all of her family and friends were there to (potentionally) celebrate.

and what about it? ari2 Billie's family was there too.

i doubt the commitee looked through their curtains and thought "oh wow ariana brought her 148 bffs4life ☁️ yuh ☁️ and a token male we must shower her with all these awards as they are all here to (potentially) celebrate and would be a shame if they didn't get to"

18 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

and what about it? ari2 Billie's family was there too.

i doubt the commitee looked through their curtains and thought "oh wow ariana brought her 148 bffs4life ☁️ yuh ☁️ and a token male we must shower her with all these awards as they are all here to (potentially) celebrate and would be a shame if they didn't get to"

No shit Gabelock ari2 

I was thinking about that fact, and therefore made my statement and how cute it would have been if she won an award or two. 

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

No shit Gabelock ari2 

I was thinking about that fact, and therefore made my statement and how cute it would have been if she won an award or two. 

she didn't stand a freakin' chance to begin by having 7 Rings at the forefront of her noms like orangu1 i feel like she was lucky to get as many nominations as she got to begin with but maybe that has something to do with the Grammys extending the nominations ballot to 8 per category from 5 as they were in the past years.

best pop vocal album would have been cute as she is a better singer than Billie so i'm a little confused about that category and what makes an artist earn it but other than that... both Lizzo and Lil Nas stomped all over 7 Rings this year regardless of Bad Guy potentially not happening. AOTY was again a reach.

14 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

If Billie Eilish hadn't happened not only would Ariana have snagged some awards, but the butterfly effect would have led to the discovery of the Loch Ness monster, spotted owls wouldn't be endangered and no one would be afraid of clowns. On the downside, that would leave people vastly unprepared for the clown invasion of 2027.

LG6 release date confirmed

With 7 Rings? No. I honestly think that was the biggest mistake that kept her from winning anything. The song might've been the hit but it was not at all received positively on a critical level and in years passed, that's played a big factor. And while I don't hate 7 Rings, it's the worst made song on the album overall and doesn't really display the talents she has in a way that was really Grammy worthy. Had emphasis been placed on the song "thank u, next" then I believe she would've walked away with at least one Grammy considering it had commercial success and acclaim to back it up. 

On 1/28/2020 at 6:38 PM, Freaky Prince said:

Biggest popstar of Q1 for sure, but Billie dominated the whole year ari6

Maybe cuz 7 rings was released 3 months before Bad Guy? I'm pretty sure that if 7 Rings and Bad Guy dropped the same day, Ariana would have stomped on Billie. Anyway, Ariana made Billboard history when she secured the first 3 spots on the hot 100 and she broke several streaming records. I mean, Billie got huge success thanks to Bad Guy, but it was clear that Ariana was sitting on the pop throne. She's way more known and she dominated since she dropped Sweetener. That is like 3 years in a rowari6

Not all these people seething because someone acknowledges Billie's shit music written by her brother isn't really worthy of so many grammy's.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:15 PM, Mr. Mendes said:

With 7 Rings? No. I honestly think that was the biggest mistake that kept her from winning anything. The song might've been the hit but it was not at all received positively on a critical level and in years passed, that's played a big factor. And while I don't hate 7 Rings, it's the worst made song on the album overall and doesn't really display the talents she has in a way that was really Grammy worthy. Had emphasis been placed on the song "thank u, next" then I believe she would've walked away with at least one Grammy considering it had commercial success and acclaim to back it up. 

Like what? Besides her nasally whaling?

3 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

Like what? Besides her nasally whaling?

Girl not you saying that as a Britney stan. I love Knee but let's not pretend she's not the Queen of Nasal Whaling 

On 2/2/2020 at 1:49 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

Girl not you saying that as a Britney stan. I love Knee but let's not pretend she's not the Queen of Nasal Whaling 

We all know knee was a lipsync queen thats why she was more known for her iconic choreography and stage performance, whaling where? brit7

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.