Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Billie Eilish didn't deserve SOTY

47 minutes ago, sweetener said:

soo what has she done then

her debut era was already over by the time she won Best New Artist but Don't Start Now is a critically acclaimed global smash and you'd be deluded/stupid to claim she's a flop especially when Meghan fucking Trainor won a BNA as well. 

3 hours ago, sweetener said:

also isn't dua the biggest flop to win a best new artist award? she's done nothing since brit5

giphy.gif

Don't Star Now a grower hit in US, entered top 15 two weeks aga and its huge in Europe. It gonna snap few Grammys next year, i bet.

21 hours ago, Madonna said:

I wouldn't call her a clone. Billie is just a product of the alt pop girl era that was sort of initiated by Lana, Marina (and Gaga to a certain extend).

It was the same with Lorde who was much more of a "clone".

Marina being an alt pop gorl dead7 Sis. 

16 hours ago, aerials said:

lewis capaldi was ROBBED.

Of talent at a young age, yes, we agrih nat2

7 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Tea, love Marina, but she's not alt, she's just... a flop dead2 Her music has always been pure pop.

dead2 So true. I didn't realise flopping at being a popstar made you alternative. Like "remember when Carly went indie after Call Me Maybe?" dead2

It's not as if Lana created the "alt pop girl" look or whatever you want to call it, yes she's arguably the most influential in that genre in the last decade. However there's always been so called "alt girls". The one from before Lana who stands out the most is Agril Lasange and then before that Gwen Stefani (not her solo career). 

On 1/30/2020 at 12:32 AM, Billie Frank said:

It's not as if Lana created the "alt pop girl" look or whatever you want to call it, yes she's arguably the most influential in that genre in the last decade. However there's always been so called "alt girls". The one from before Lana who stands out the most is Agril Lasange and then before that Gwen Stefani (not her solo career). 

Avril Lavigne an alt girl? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.