Why is ok to kill a man if you are a cop?

Another man has been brutally murdered by UK police. This ain't the first time it happens, but it happened today. A man carrying a knife and a hoax explosive device stabbed 2 people in London (only one of them got serious injures). The police arrived and without thinking twice shot dead the man. BOOM BOOM right in the man's heart.

The police declared that was a terrorism incident, but is this enough to justify and praise the dead of a man? Shouldn't police be trained to recognize hoax devices and shouldn't they shoot in non-vital organs? At least the prime minister could have expressed some regret for how the things turned out...instead he praised the quick response of the police. 

The video of the murdering is quite shocking so I'll post it in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Am I the only one disgusted by this? 

it's not ok but doesn't surprise me given the circumstances, it's difficult to spot a hoax explosive from a distance

bentham? fdcvdm

1 hour ago, #Music said:

it's not ok but doesn't surprise me given the circumstances, it's difficult to spot a hoax explosive from a distance

But they shot him from close distance and onlooker videos suggest the police only spot the man's hoax device after he has been shot. In any case I'm not trained on countering explosive devices so I cannot tell how difficult is it, but I struggle to believe that the first thing to do is killing the "terrorist".  In the movies they usually try to talk to the bad guy in order to buy some time and evacuate the area so nobody get hurt. 

11 hours ago, Amanda Bynes said:

um duh.

it's called police self defense. and its perfectly legal in the only country that matters! ari8

Lmfao that man got a knife, police got guns. That is a huge advantage and shooting straight in the heart is not what I expect from trained cops. Killing is the highest form of terrorism, you know. 

That said legal=/= right. I mean even when Hitler killed millions of people it was legal cuz there were the racial laws. Sometimes laws are disgusting. 

One last thing, all countries matter cuz we all interconnected. ari8

The problem seems to be rapid escalation and an "aim to kill" mentality. I feel like TV and media when I was younger gave me the false idea that police always attempt to incapacitate or deescalate the situation before resorting to lethal tactics. Obviously that isn't true. Police jump to violence extremely easy (ex. tackling and beating a suspect who might be unruly – or even cooperative) and recent years have exposed just how quick they are to fire their weapons to kill a danger or threat. I was under the impression that tasers (personal and taser guns), as well as things like clubs, existed but it seems like they are hardly used.

There's a lot of reasons for this, probably. Power corrupts, being one of them. Police hold considerable power over the public and use it for intimidation and to do whatever they want. People are afraid of them, and I think because of this, Police members might hold a slight grudge about. There's also the devils advocate response that Police are afraid to get hurt or killed themselves, so it's a "me or them" mentality. "Kill or be killed". Especially in dangerous situations. 

I don't know how it is elsewhere in the world, but the Police force at large in America holds a lot of racist tendencies, murdering and targeting minorities/people of color far more often than the white majority.