Sign in to follow this  

Judas what could have helped it

What if it was released as the last single in 2012 not 2011 would people be more open minded to the song.

Or if it was left on the album till it was released would it have gained popularity from fans and Gp to make it a single.

What about the leak.

If The Edge of Glory wasn't made a Promotional single and released later would judas have been able rise

What do you guys think?

Nothing.

Judas shouldn't have been a single, ever. The second single should have either been The Edge of Glory or Marry the Night. Heavy Metal Lover should have been a single instead of Yoü and I and Government Hooker OR Scheiße OR Maybe even Hair should have been singles later during the era where she could have afforded to flop a bit.

The era was mismanaged to a great extend and the biggest fail was to release Judas as second single, which killed the momentum early on. Yoü and I's extremely long run as a single took up promo slots that would have been better for a single with greater hit potential.

5 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Nothing.

Judas shouldn't have been a single, ever. The second single should have either been The Edge of Glory or Marry the Night. Heavy Metal Lover should have been a single instead of Yoü and I and Government Hooker OR Scheiße OR Maybe even Hair should have been singles later during the era where she could have afforded to flop a bit.

The era was mismanaged to a great extend and the biggest fail was to release Judas as second single, which killed the momentum early on. Yoü and I's extremely long run as a single took up promo slots that would have been better for a single with greater hit potential.

Government Hooker, Scheisse and HML would've been the most colossal flops of all time. lmfao2  I agree that MTN needed a better moment to shine though.

3 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

Government Hooker, Scheisse and HML would've been the most colossal flops of all time. lmfao2  I agree that MTN needed a better moment to shine though.

Nah HML had incredible potential. It's by far one of the catchiest songs on the album and very reminiscent of Poker Face in terms of structure. Plus, the performances would have been better than any of the Yoü and I performances without a doubt. The song was also voted by MTV as one of the best songs of 2011. Aside from that, if she had three hits before it, it could have easily profited from that and gotten more exposure.

20 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Nah HML had incredible potential. It's by far one of the catchiest songs on the album and very reminiscent of Poker Face in terms of structure. Plus, the performances would have been better than any of the Yoü and I performances without a doubt. The song was also voted by MTV as one of the best songs of 2011. Aside from that, if she had three hits before it, it could have easily profited from that and gotten more exposure.

It doesnt matter that it has same sructure as PF (what even is that? Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus? dead2 ), the song is very mellow sounding and would have fit nowhere in the current style of loud instrumentals and big choruses at the time dead2

Yeah Judas shouldn’t have been a single if we’re talking about the commercial aspect of the era, but it gave us one of my favorite music videos so no complaints from me. Yoü and I, however, was perfect as a single, and I refuse to acknowledge anyone saying it wasn’t. I don’t think I’d change anything about the Born This Way era in general though,  because it was so monumental for me as a 14 year old realizing his sexuality and also immersing himself into pop culture for the first time ever.

I think you and I should've had a shorter promo time and given it to HML. Judas was a good single just not the right time. Maybe after Scheiße and HML, which should've been the 2nd and 3rd singles.