Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Should Ariana be the next headliner?

Nah. I love her but she needs to work on her stage presence a bit more. Maybe in 10 years when she's more experienced on the stage + the full creative vision for a massive show like that.

No, she doesn't have the kind of songs that can fill a stadium and i don't think she couldn't pull off the theatrics which imo have been lacking since the Gaga show. That's nothing against her, i just don't think she's the right person for it, in the same way that Mariah or Celine are not the right people for it. 

Next year really ought to be Rihanna and/or Britney, they have the catalogue to pull off such a show. 

17 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

I think she could pull it off ari7 she has plenty of hits to choose from.

But it doesn't matter if you have hits and a great voice, the half time is more than just that, Plus she doesn't appeal to that wide of an audience. That's why Shakira/JLo, Gaga or Beyonce work because the audience demographic of the super bowl remembers their songs, but that same audience likely wouldn't remember Ariana's big hits that well. Maybe in 10 year she could do it, but for now it's too early in her career. 

A lot of people consider the super bowl as a patriotic event so imagine the fun boomers would have with the donut-licking “I hate America” girl as their halftime show performer. Wouldn’t be worth the PR nightmare for her. Also I don’t really see her as an artist who can effectively cram hits into a short period of time. 

Obviously. Have you seen her performances of Side to Side, Into You, GIAW and 7 Rings at the awards shows? Cuz she snatched my wig there. She got the vocals, she can pull a choreo and most importantly she's very creative on stage and keeps evolving visually.

Can't think of a better choice really.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.