Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Who should be the next Super Bowl halftime performer?

Who should be next?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be next?

Rihanna - YES

Britney - Maybe

Xtina - Yes, but she'd need someone else with her as she's not big enough of a name these days and isn't the best with choreography.

Taylor - NOPE, all Taylor's good at is gowns, for a half time show we need much more than that. Plus she doesn't have the catalog, the only song most people remember is Shake It Off.

Mariah - NO

Kylie - Irrelevent

P!nk - Yes, but like Xtina she'd need someone else with her as she's not big enough of a name to do it solo and draw in an audience. 

Nicki Minaj - NOPE

P!nk x Xtina could work tbh (although i still think they'd struggle to draw in numbers), but i think next year will be a male. 

Watch Sean Mendez and that Rat get it. The only halftime show i'd watch with him is one where he's naked.

19 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Rihanna - YES

Britney - Maybe

Xtina - Yes, but she'd need someone else with her as she's not big enough of a name these days and isn't the best with choreography.

Taylor - NOPE, all Taylor's good at is gowns, for a half time show we need much more than that. Plus she doesn't have the catalog, the only song most people remember is Shake It Off.

Mariah - NO

Kylie - Irrelevent

P!nk - Yes, but like Xtina she'd need someone else with her as she's not big enough of a name to do it solo and draw in an audience. 

Nicki Minaj - NOPE

P!nk x Xtina could work tbh (although i still think they'd struggle to draw in numbers), but i think next year will be a male. 

Watch Sean Mendez and that Rat get it. The only halftime show i'd watch with him is one where he's naked.

Taylor has been biggest pop star by far in the US the past decade .. of course she has the catalogue wat2 

25 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

• Bad Blood, Shake It Off, Style, Blank Space, Wildest Dreams
  • Look What You Made Me Do, End Game, Ready For It?
  • You Need To Calm Down

Plus some older stuff like Love Story, I Knew You Were Trouble and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

She could easily make a great setlist that has hits and diversity. Even if some songs weren't hits, they are still good material for a fun show.

bey7

17 minutes ago, fab said:

Taylor has been biggest pop star by far in the US the past decade .. of course she has the catalogue wat2 

14 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:
  • Bad Blood, Shake It Off, Style, Blank Space, Wildest Dreams
  • Look What You Made Me Do, End Game, Ready For It?
  • You Need To Calm Down

Plus some older stuff like Love Story, I Knew You Were Trouble and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.

She could easily make a great setlist that has hits and diversity. Even if some songs weren't hits, they are still good material for a fun show.

bey7

She maybe has the catalog to the pop fans who care. But to the GP they unfortunately won't and don't know a majority of those songs. 

5 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

She maybe has the catalog to the pop fans who care. But to the GP they unfortunately won't and don't know a majority of those songs. 

sis you're underestimating Taylor's popularity in the US 

58 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

This is just simply not true dead2 She can pull a few songs from her country days and a few from her pop days and boom you have a 15 minute halftime show. You’re underestimating just how popular she was prior to her pop days. And even if they are “forgotten” the GP will quickly remember the songs the minute the first chord is played. dead2 

9 minutes ago, Galactic-Tiger said:

how can you forget them when you can literally count them in less than one hand lmfao2

Either you’re really bad at counting, or you have an abnormally large amount of fingers on your hands because that’s just false. Give it up, deelishis.

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

Either you’re really bad at counting, or you have an abnormally large amount of fingers on your hands because that’s just false. Give it up, deelishis.

Actually I was kinda generous to include Blank Space too. Shake It Off is her only huge hit and still pales compared to Shakira's hits. The audience is mainly made by adult males not teenagers girls so nope, they won't remember quick little hits like Wildest Dreams, You Need To Calm Down or that "I'm to sexy" cover lol3

I don't like Taylor but imagine thinking she doesn't have enough songs juicy1 Teardrops on My Guitar, Love Story, You Belong With Me, Mine, Safe & Sound, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, I Knew You Were Trouble, 22, Red, Everything Has Changed, Shake It Off, Blank Space, Style, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, Look What You Made Me Do, M*! and Y** **** ** **** ***n I am SO sorry 

17 minutes ago, Sharpay Evans said:

I don't like Taylor but imagine thinking she doesn't have enough songs juicy1 Teardrops on My Guitar, Love Story, You Belong With Me, Mine, Safe & Sound, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, I Knew You Were Trouble, 22, Red, Everything Has Changed, Shake It Off, Blank Space, Style, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, Look What You Made Me Do, M*! and Y** **** ** **** ***n I am SO sorry 

If you're from outside of the US chances are pretty high you haven't heard any of her songs prior to I Knew You Were Trouble (and that was the only international hit from RED). Shake It Off and Blank Space were the only singles from 1989 that were internationally successful. The singles from Reputation and Lover didn't do particularly well outside of the US.

That said, I'd say she can definitely do the SuperBowl as it's not an international event but I can see why people from outside of the US wouldn't think of her in that respect.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.