Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Autumn Variations

Who suffered from the one hit wonder curse?

I feel like most artists these days aren't one hit wonders as we know them (Like, 80s and 90s artists). But they certainly have their 15 minutes.

People mentioned Kesha. She wouldn't necessarily fit into a "one hit wonder" category, but she was only a "hit" for awhile. 2010-2012. Now it seems like she's falling out entirely. Meghan Trainor is a similar situation but even shorter. 2 or 3 hits in the span of one era, and now she's falling out.

We don't really have one-hit wonders like Ice Ice Baby, Take On Me, and the Macarena anymore. 

1 hour ago, tomás said:

the only one remembered is You Oughtta Now though

Well he said the only remembered song is Ironic and you’re saying it’s YOK. 

Kinda ironic.mp3 that different people argue different songs are the ones remembered. Possibly because the album spawned multiple well-known hits ari7

1 minute ago, Umbreon said:

Kinda ironic.mp3 that different people argue different songs are the ones remembered. Possibly because the album spawned multiple well-known hits ari7

noah fence never heard ironic.mp3 ari7 

19 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I feel like most artists these days aren't one hit wonders as we know them (Like, 80s and 90s artists). But they certainly have their 15 minutes.

People mentioned Kesha. She wouldn't necessarily fit into a "one hit wonder" category, but she was only a "hit" for awhile. 2010-2012. Now it seems like she's falling out entirely. Meghan Trainor is a similar situation but even shorter. 2 or 3 hits in the span of one era, and now she's falling out.

We don't really have one-hit wonders like Ice Ice Baby, Take On Me, and the Macarena anymore. 

Interesting theory, but one hit wonders definitely still exist.

Fight Song

I Don't Care

Rude

Feel It Still

...to name a few jj2

19 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Isn't it Ironic.mp3 that the song Ironic.mp3 doesn't mention anything that's Ironic.mp3 ari7

Still Iconic.mp3 though

On 2/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, Sleep Deprived said:

Interesting theory, but one hit wonders definitely still exist.

Fight Song

I Don't Care

Rude

Feel It Still

...to name a few jj2

That's fair. Honestly I didn't remember those enough to cite them dead2 Although I think you're the first one to really give some actual one-hit-wonders after 2010 in this thread. (except 1234 is old as hell, girl) Even so, I can't really think of one from the past two years. (Although maybe you could laughcry1)

17 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

That's fair. Honestly I didn't remember those enough to cite them dead2 Although I think you're the first one to really give some actual one-hit-wonders after 2010 in this thread. (except 1234 is old as hell, girl) Even so, I can't really think of one from the past two years. (Although maybe you could laughcry1)

Feel It Still was from the last couple of years.

Sweet But Psycho.

Dance Monkey.

2 hours ago, Hylia said:

Hopefully Feel It Still stays their only hit, because that is one of the most fucking unlistenable songs I’ve heard in my life.

The lyrics jj4 His voice jj4 The Please Mr Postman remix jj4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.