Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

What the fuck is this?

What the fuck is this mess. Are we seeing the decline of Lady Gaga?

Gaga just doesn't seem with it at all, i don't know if she's on any medication for her hip replacements or anything. The performance was awful, she is just shouting off pitch while doing some questionable lacklustre dance moves, even Mariah at that age wasn't as stiff brit16. I just about cracked up when she went to hit the high notes in the bridge, such a tragic off key mess, likewise in the climax. For someone who prides herself as being a great singer and performer i'd expect much better. That costume needs to go too, not sure who thought it was a good idea for her to wear a bin liner with a lime green highlighter pen scribbled all over it

The plug of her make up brand at the very start was cringe as fuck too. 

If you want a good pop show go see someone like P!nk or Madonna, not this mess. 

28 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Enigma, as a whole, is the worst show of all time. brit13

Nothing is good about it, literally. Some cool screen moments (that she probably had 0 involvement in) for like a few seconds and that's it. Crap show. Makes you realize how uneventful her catalog is, too.

Agree, the whole show just seems below someone of her level of success. It just feels like a boring gimmick that's gone on for far too long. Every clip i've seen of it has been nothing but cringe and a mess. It's not just the production of the show though, it's her. She seems as if she's high on some sort of substance and not aware. She just stands in the same spot doing these weird stiff moves while grunting at the audience, then she'll randomly run about shouting/screaming something. 

Regarding her catalogue, the issue she has is that the bulk of her music follows a particular sound that was popular at the time but has aged very poorly. She's not the only example as many songs from 2008-2012ish have aged very poorly in terms of their production. 2009/10 were particularly crap years for having meaningless bland generic pop songs by people with no real singing talent. 

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

The Miami show is worse than opening night, which was just shit.... like, she just seems so tired and uninspired.

1 hour ago, I Brings That Levity said:

If you want a good pop show go see someone like P!nk or Madonna

excited p!nk GIF by iHeartRadio

I think it was very good, much better than anything Madonna has done since at least the mid 90s and that’s being generous. Inb4 Hard Candy receipts. 
It’s obvious miss Godga can captivate an audience with just her voice, something Madonna has never been able to do. 
I would drag OP by their balding edges but they have Mariah in their pfp.

You flipping me off? You telling me to go fuck myself at my own show? Alright. Yo makeup ain't right! Except this is Haus Laboratories, it's my makeup line, so, honey your makeup is all the way right! 👅🥵 Uh uh... So you're all flipping me off now? That's what my squad looks like at our show? Ok, Miami! Lez play this game! Go ahead! Flip me off! Tell me to go fuck myself! Everybody, let's GO! Cause maybe you don't like me, maybe you came tonight cause you had to, cause you work for AT&T, you had to come! Maybe you got dragged here by somebody who said "PLEASEEE?? PLEASSEE WILLYOUTAKEMETOTHEGAGASHOWPLEASEEEE?" and you were like "I don't wanna go, I don't like her, she's weird," and you came anyway... Maybe you got some shit to say about me and my music or my art or what we do up here which is pure TALENT, so let me tell you something: There is nothing you could say that I have not already heard, that would hurt me, or make me feel some type of PAIN, or some type of WAY that I have not already FELT! SO GO AHEAD MIAMI, PUT YO SUPERBOWL ASS ON MY COUCH AND LAY DOWN, LET ME BE YOUR THERAPIST, AND TELL ME HOW YOU FUCKING FEEL! TELL ME TO GO FUCK MYSELF! 🎤 (Stupid Love!) 😨😰 ... Do you feel better now that you got that out? They say, if therapy's good, you fucking feel like shit afterwords. But I hope you fucking feel better now. So go on, Miami, all y'all, from the bottom to the top, go ahead. Tell me to go fuck myself. As long as, right after, you cheer for me! 🍑💋

5 hours ago, Jjang said:

Nothing is good about it, literally. Some cool screen moments (that she probably had 0 involvement in) for like a few seconds and that's it. Crap show. Makes you realize how uneventful her catalog is, too.

5 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Agree, the whole show just seems below someone of her level of success. It just feels like a boring gimmick that's gone on for far too long. Every clip i've seen of it has been nothing but cringe and a mess. It's not just the production of the show though, it's her. She seems as if she's high on some sort of substance and not aware. She just stands in the same spot doing these weird stiff moves while grunting at the audience, then she'll randomly run about shouting/screaming something. 

Regarding her catalogue, the issue she has is that the bulk of her music follows a particular sound that was popular at the time but has aged very poorly. She's not the only example as many songs from 2008-2012ish have aged very poorly in terms of their production. 2009/10 were particularly crap years for having meaningless bland generic pop songs by people with no real singing talent. 

2 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

Enigma is shit 

re work it already hoe

I suspect that Gaga thinks that Enigma is what her fans want when it comes to becoming full 'GaGa' again, in the 2007-14 sense of the term; It comes off completely strange and off-putting, particularly coming off most of the 2010s where she expressed that she was depressed during ARTPOP, considered retiring, regretted some of her past moments or thought they were just for shock value, etc. and then gave us a totally different meaning of Lady Gaga with Joanne and ASIB. And in other instances of her trying to be crazy again, like the John Wayne video and the Coachella visuals, it still felt disingenuous to some degree, regardless of quality, because you could just tell that it was a means of fanservice rather than genuine interest.

Either that or it just never hit her that she isn't the same artist she was when she was manually building disco sticks or when she bled out at the VMAs to "Paparazzi". But I could just be talking out of my ass, who knows. Regardless, she should figure some things out, cause its messy if she continues being a disaster on stage but classy everywhere else.

juicy1

7 hours ago, Sharpay Evans said:

I suspect that Gaga thinks that Enigma is what her fans want when it comes to becoming full 'GaGa' again, in the 2007-14 sense of the term; It comes off completely strange and off-putting, particularly coming off most of the 2010s where she expressed that she was depressed during ARTPOP, considered retiring, regretted some of her past moments or thought they were just for shock value, etc. and then gave us a totally different meaning of Lady Gaga with Joanne and ASIB. And in other instances of her trying to be crazy again, like the John Wayne video and the Coachella visuals, it still felt disingenuous to some degree, regardless of quality, because you could just tell that it was a means of fanservice rather than genuine interest.

Either that or it just never hit her that she isn't the same artist she was when she was manually building disco sticks or when she bled out at the VMAs to "Paparazzi". But I could just be talking out of my ass, who knows. Regardless, she should figure some things out, cause its messy if she continues being a disaster on stage but classy everywhere else.

juicy1

This. This is why unstanned Gaga in first place

Her voice isn't that bad in this clip, so idk what you mean. But the show itself is just a mess. Poor dancing. Poor visuals. She is performing the lowest form of drag at this point. 

The "monologue" is the cringey part here. What the fuck is she screaming about all the time. Why is she at 100 angry all the time? It's not cute. She used to have such genuine moments on stage and now she's just a mockery of herself.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:54 PM, Jjang said:

Makes you realize how uneventful her catalog is, too.

I would argue that her catalogue isn't bad, she just doesn't now how to arrange it. All of her setlists since Monster Ball have been a weird mess. Chronological setlists are boring but honestly that's probably the only way she could make it work. She could actually make an art show out of her songs if she tried, but she's focused on just mashing all of her hits in there in in a mixed-up order. 

2 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Her voice isn't that bad in this clip, so idk what you mean. But the show itself is just a mess. Poor dancing. Poor visuals. She is performing the lowest form of drag at this point. 

The "monologue" is the cringey part here. What the fuck is she screaming about all the time. Why is she at 100 angry all the time? It's not cute. She used to have such genuine moments on stage and now she's just a mockery of herself.

I would argue that her catalogue isn't bad, she just doesn't now how to arrange it. All of her setlists since Monster Ball have been a weird mess. Chronological setlists are boring but honestly that's probably the only way she could make it work. She could actually make an art show out of her songs if she tried, but she's focused on just mashing all of her hits in there in in a mixed-up order. 

Agreed.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.