Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Rank These Debut Albums at the Turn of the Millennium!

In the year of 1999, the turn of the second millennium, the year of Prince's prophecy, there were four (five actually) girls who would become the U.S.A. new "popstars." As they grew and their careers went to different heights respectively, let's remember their first albums!

BritneySpears-01BabyOneMoreTimeUS.jpg

Released on January 12th, 1999. The first of the bunch.

JenniferLopez-01OnThe6.jpg

Released on June 1st, 1999. The first Tommy Mottola-assisted girl of two in this discussion.

ChristinaAguilera-01ChristinaAguilera.jp

Released on August 24th, 1999. The blonde American girl who once sung a song about a legendary Chinese warrior; later made to be a "princess" by Disney company.

JessicaSimpson-01SweetKisses.jpg

Released on November 23rd, 1999. The second Tommy Mottola-assisted girl that I insinuated earlier; also known as high-larynx Mariah 0.5.

MandyMoore-01SoReal.jpg

Released on December 7th, 1999. Honestly, I knew nothing about her beside that she sang with Zachary Levi in that Tangled movie. I like the single Candy from this album though.

What do you think about these albums? Which one worked best as an album? Consider the quality, not the quantity of sales!

I have only listened to Britney and Christina albums, but I feel like they both have a lot of fillers. The singles are the best songs on both albums. 

Britney:

Good non single tracks:

Deep in my Hear

Autumn Goodbye

I will be There

Fillers:

Soda Pop

The Beat Goes On

Email my Heart

Christina:

Good non album songs:

So Emotional

Reflections

Don't Make Me Love You

Fillers:

Somebody's Somebody

Obvious

All the remixesgiveup2

26 minutes ago, Xtina Carey said:

I have only listened to Britney and Christina albums, but I feel like they both have a lot of fillers. The singles are the best songs on both albums. 

Britney:

Good non single tracks:

Deep in my Hear

Autumn Goodbye

I will be There

Fillers:

Soda Pop

The Beat Goes On

Email my Heart

Christina:

Good non album songs:

So Emotional

Reflections

Don't Make Me Love You

Fillers:

Somebody's Somebody

Obvious

All the remixesgiveup2

I can agree with this, however I actually like Soda Pop, that's the most sexual song in Britney's album yet it still maintains an innocent vibe. Somebody's Somebody has an amazing coda, though. That somewhat moody orchestral arrangement at the end is heavenly.

6 hours ago, Tama said:

I can agree with this, however I actually like Soda Pop, that's the most sexual song in Britney's album yet it still maintains an innocent vibe. Somebody's Somebody has an amazing coda, though. That somewhat moody orchestral arrangement at the end is heavenly.

I like Somebody's Somebody too, however, I don't think it compares to the singles. 

I don't really like any of these albums and would rank each of them toward the bottom of their respective artist's discography, but in terms of my enjoyment from worst to best: 

5. Sweet Kisses
4. So Real
3. On the 6
2. Xtina
1. ...Baby

On 2/19/2020 at 11:39 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

I don't really like any of these albums and would rank each of them toward the bottom of their respective artist's discography, but in terms of my enjoyment from worst to best: 

5. Sweet Kisses
4. So Real
3. On the 6
2. Xtina
1. ...Baby

I can agree that based on enjoyment, Britney's was the most enjoyable because the songs are very bubblegum and light. In contrast, Jessica's was very...heavy? Tommy Mottola really wanted to make her a Mariah copy then.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.