Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Is Billie Eilish the biggest breakout star since Gaga?

Is she?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

2 hours ago, Winnie. said:

Yes, and biggest breakout peak for the past 40 years if we exclude Britney, Gaga and Mariah. Definitely much bigger than madonnas debut, which failed to chart at number one in any country gaga1

bey9

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

kinda feel like shes already bigger than gaga was? her getting smash after smash every single shes put out (even album tracks) is not something gaga could do

Can't wait for Billie's Artpop era coming a few years from now. 

4 hours ago, SHANE said:

Gaga had a lot of competitors so her breakout was more entertaining/rewarding. Who is Billie's biggest comp rn? moo12

This is true. 

Also, everyone right now is boring, including Billie.

Ariana, Dual Lepa, especially Sleeplena Gomezzz and all other streaming era girls just don't have the stage presence, charisma, talent and creativity that Madonna, Janet, Britney and Christina have/had. 

11 hours ago, Margerine Flange said:

Well she may not have many top 10s yet cause her first actual era started few months ago, but her older singles sales are decent. Bellyache reached #8 at BB Under 100 and has sell 2 million units there, the hell... nicki5

The first single from the album was released in July 2018  nicki5

11 hours ago, Margerine Flange said:

Well she may not have many top 10s yet cause her first actual era started few months ago, but her older singles sales are decent. Bellyache reached #8 at BB Under 100 and has sell 2 million units there, the hell... nicki5

The first single from the album was released in July 2018  nicki5

I think she's bigger, tbh. She already has made an impact even in fashion (see the amount of billie wannabes on IG and Tik Tok), and the fact that she's being taken seriously, even having a Bond song with less than 20 years, it's insanely fantastic. dead1

What maker her different from a lot of artists from the last decade is the fact that she really sounds original.

2 hours ago, Alvarø said:

I think she's bigger, tbh. She already has made an impact even in fashion (see the amount of billie wannabes on IG and Tik Tok), and the fact that she's being taken seriously, even having a Bond song with less than 20 years, it's insanely fantastic. dead1

What maker her different from a lot of artists from the last decade is the fact that she really sounds original.

Gaga was an instant fashion icon though, I don't think Billie is comparable aretha1  agree about the rest though rav1 

3 hours ago, Alvarø said:

ASMR pop has been done before so how exactly she sounds original

21 hours ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

Billie still kinda wins because she's having this success with her first album and without having a very mainstream or universal image and music

We'll see if she'll last in a few years after GP moves on from music and artists who lack personality charisma and stage presence. The only two that I think will last because I think they can hop from genre to genre is Ariana and lowkey Dua. 

Billie on the other hand seems like she's just a one trick pony who lacks charisma. 

14 hours ago, Austin! said:

We'll see if she'll last in a few years after GP moves on from music and artists who lack personality charisma and stage presence. The only two that I think will last because I think they can hop from genre to genre is Ariana and lowkey Dua. 

Billie on the other hand seems like she's just a one trick pony who lacks charisma. 

I think it's too early to tell but in any case she might also go the Lana route and find her indie niche yet remain relevant somehow

On 2/21/2020 at 9:27 AM, Austin! said:

Her current style allows her to evolve in future eras.  Whispering now...probably will start yelling in the near future.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.