Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

So, about Dua Lipa...

...Is she actually a good singer? She's been very popular since her first worldwide breakout hit, New Rules, and now she keeps bringing bops to listen to. But is she a good vocalist? Also, do you think that today's popular singers are much more about style rather than singing talent? Please, discuss with me. bey2

Spoiler

I like Physical.

I'm sorry because I've offended a lot of people. That was never my intention. I made the thread in General Music Discussion because I only wanted to lightly discuss about singing. I don't know who moved it to Battlegrounds as I couldn't do such thing (and still can't). User Madonna's explanation is really good, although I think it's not fair to judge based on my status as a Lamb or of Mariah's current singing capability because that would make it seem as if she has never been good to begin with (which is not true).

Mariah's stans and their obsession with "vocals" are such a paradox considering that their fave has delivered some of the most ridiculous vocal performances in the past years.

Pop songs don't require some mind-blowing vocals, especially if they are uptempo. Pop songs are production and melody-oriented. The song is driven by the delivery of the melody through the singer and the overall catchiness of the song that is achieved through the interplay between melody and production.

Dua Lipa actually has really good vocals compared to most pop singers. She doesn't have to show them off because she knows her music doesn't need or require it. If she were to do all sort of vocal acrobatics, it would totally distract from what a pop song is trying to convey.

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

Mariah's stans and their obsession with "vocals" are such a paradox considering that their fave has delivered some of the most ridiculous vocal performances in the past years.

Pop songs don't require some mind-blowing vocals, especially if they are uptempo. Pop songs are production and melody-oriented. The song is driven by the delivery of the melody through the singer and the overall catchiness of the song that is achieved through the interplay between melody and production.

I'm sorry, aren't you always against Selena because she's not a good vocalist juicy1

5 minutes ago, Sharpay Evans said:

I'm sorry, aren't you always against Selena because she's not a good vocalist juicy1

There's a difference between being able to sing (but not being a PHENOMENAL vocalist) and just not having any singing talent at all. Some singers aren't great singer but can stay on key at least. Selena can't sing a single note without being off-key and she's already whispering. juicy1 

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

There's a difference between being able to sing (but not being a PHENOMENAL vocalist) and just not having any singing talent at all. Some singers aren't great singer but can stay on key at least. Selena can't sing a single note without being off-key and she's already whispering. juicy1 

dead2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.