Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Is Stupid Love one of the worst music videos and songs to ever be released?

General consensus on the music video and song recently released by the artist known as Lady Gaga  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Stupid Love song/music video one of the worst of all time?

• Yes, never have I seen a decline like Gaga’s. To literally be on the top of the world in your debut era, dominating every avenue in music and completely changing the pop landscape, only to flop in 2 years is just... Words can’t explain the disappointment I feel. It’s almost surreal that Lady Gaga ever was a thing, because at this point in her career she already seems like a legacy act. It’s absolutely downright pathetic and just thinking about it makes me physically ill.
    • No! Mawma Godga Mawtha Mawnstah just released another pop smasha smasha! She is reviving pop musik! Just you wait and see! I’ll show you, I’ll show you all!

3 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

Camp isn't really a positive thing. jj3 

It is if executed properly. For example I really loved what she did at the Met Gala last year, but Stupid Love is everything but camp. It's just a low quality video without budget shot with an Iphone. It lacks everything.

1 hour ago, Kyoteki said:

No y’all just expect too much at y’all big age when it’s not that serious moo1 

Plus u defended Madonna through her WORSE albums you have no say in this. 

We don't expect much we just expect smth good. Hell even Doja Cat made a better simple video with probably less budget than Stupid Love. This is just pretentiousness half assed 

This song sounds cheap, let's be right. Production and lyrics are BAD to the medule, how can anyone defend this? 

And the video... damn. If she though that by doing this she was making some kind of tribute to anime/camp culture, then lock her, because this looks terrible and ungracious. It's not even entertaining, which is the point of Camp.

You can have some fun without taking yourself too seriously, but that's not the same as prettending to make an effort when you're clearly not.

You can also have one location and still tell an interesting story, like Twenty One Pilots' "Jumpsuit" music video, which set the start for their Trench narrative. Maybe she can learn from her peers and new artists instead of just pretending that everything that she does is art. Because, if so, that would be clearly an understatement.

And Apple, wow... what kind of mind thought that people will talk something good about their phones after seeing this final product? I know that they want to be talked about and set the concept of "yOu CaN MakE MVs wItH aN iPhOnE"; but if this is how things will outcome... then no, thanks.

It shows that Apple is now a company that makes charts deals and spots on their most popular Apple Music playlists (with some random free Beats interview included in the package) if you advertise their products on your work. A total BTL best practice. 

People need to stop putting her in the same leagues as Mariah, Madonna, Bowie, Michael Jackson or any other artist who really works hard for their art. This result is the equivalent of what people see on her Vegas residency: a joke.

24 minutes ago, Gravity said:

We don't expect much we just expect smth good. Hell even Doja Cat made a better simple video with probably less budget than Stupid Love. This is just pretentiousness half assed 

24 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Whats... Whats pretentious about if???? Lmao

7 hours ago, Madonna said:

You can literally see the green screen traces in certain parts. That's what you get when you shoot an entire video on an iPhone just to get a good Apple deal and possible a few more fake streams/sales.

It was literally shot in the California desert. nicki5

10 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

ER1wdIbXkAIphRB?format=jpg&name=large

THey are literally outside and there's something called digital coloring orangu1

it was to respond to the statement "It was literally shot in the California desert" used an excuse of how cheap it looks... I know there is digital coloring but in this case looks terrible...

46 minutes ago, Mistress 9 said:

it was to respond to the statement "It was literally shot in the California desert" used an excuse of how cheap it looks... I know there is digital coloring but in this case looks terrible...

It was in response to him making up that he could see glimpses green screen when it wasn't shot with one. nicki5

I even highlighted exactly what I was responding to. nicki5

the song's a bop but it's REALLY basic. little monsters are eating this up, but imagine if Katy released this she wouldn't see the end of it with everyone calling her childish, immature, with no growth etc. the music video is literally something ava max would do like someone said here already, it's just a big let down tbh. i'm by no means a gaga stan nor do i care about her to check her stuff out all the time but she used to be such an interesting artist with amazing visuals.. once she started to force her image to the public she started to decline (see: artpop, joanne) in terms of visuals and even lyrics. she got lucky with a star is born (to this day, i really don't see the hype around this very average movie and music) but now.. idk, this might be a hit but at what cost.. only blind little monsters are actually stanning this video

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.