Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

HninSi

Could your favourite serve this?

Could your favourite serve this?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or nah?

• Yes, my fave is Mariah/ Whitney/ Aretha/ Barbara.
    • Kinda
    • No, she's a nocalist. She needs gimmicks.

One of my favourite duets, both their musicality was off the charts. However i fail to see the point of this thread tbh, no one else could serve it because their musicality is unique to them. Even Whitney The Voice Houston couldn't serve that, because it's Mariah's musicality that makes it what it is. 

I don't want my fave to serve this kind of ear rape. Good thing I live in a world where there's more to music and performance than simply doing vocal acrobatics in a pretty nightgown. Thank god I don't have a sexist and elitist mindset as so many people in China have thanks to their despicable government! 

11 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I don't want my fave to serve this kind of ear rape. Good thing I live in a world where there's more to music and performance than simply doing vocal acrobatics in a pretty nightgown. Thank god I don't have a sexist and elitist mindset as so many people in China have thanks to their despicable government! 

so calling a woman (who gave birth to twins) a fat whale isn't sexist?  brit3 

your lack of self-awareness is astonishing sometimes brit3

Also what tf does this even have to do with Chinese government? rip4 

57 minutes ago, Madonna said:

This random political swipe rip3

45 minutes ago, fab said:

so calling a woman (who gave birth to twins) a fat whale isn't sexist?  brit3 

your lack of self-awareness is astonishing sometimes brit3

Also what tf does this even have to do with Chinese government? rip4 

in response to his, @Winnie.'s and @Mariah's 19 #1's constant age and look-shaming...

Note: I haven't been talking shit about Mariah or her looks before these three popped up on FOTP and started going down that route.

@HninSi is from China and I know for a fact (I went to a private school where the majority of Students were Chinese) that they have a very different view on female musicians. A good friend of mine was like that too. China is a run by a one-party, communist dictatorship and they censor everything including music. Many artists are banned from performing there because of a variety of reasons including the recognition of Taiwan as an autonomous country. Mariah is very much in line with the music the government doesn't censor there. Female singers with pitch perfect vocals (note: China is an incredibly elitist country) in pretty night gowns who make no political statements. dead2 That's why so many Chinese people stan her because she's one of the few Western artist that can actually promote their music there.

https://www.scmp.com/culture/music/article/2122972/banned-china-why-some-musics-top-stars-are-blacklisted-beijing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_China

15 minutes ago, Madonna said:

in response to his, @Winnie.'s and @Mariah's 19 #1's constant age and look-shaming...

Note: I haven't been talking shit about Mariah or her looks before these three popped up on FOTP and started going down that route.

@HninSi is from China and I know for a fact (I went to a private school where the majority of Students were Chinese) that they have a very different view on female musicians. A good friend of mine was like that too. China is a run by a one-party, communist dictatorship and they censor everything including music. Many artists are banned from performing there because of a variety of reasons including the recognition of Taiwan as an autonomous country. Mariah is very much in line with the music the government doesn't censor there. Female singers with pitch perfect vocals (note: China is an incredibly elitist country) in pretty night gowns who make no political statements. dead2 That's why so many Chinese people stan her because she's one of the few Western artist that can actually promote their music there.

https://www.scmp.com/culture/music/article/2122972/banned-china-why-some-musics-top-stars-are-blacklisted-beijing

Sis cut the damn act lmfao2, nobody has age shamed Madonna in months. You keep saying it’s in retaliation to me and the aforementioned, like you’re really doing something lmfao2 

And not you physically seething because Mariah is big in China, and you thinking China has mind-controlled its citizens into only stanning vocals lmfao2 

Lemme report for racism and xenophobia just for kiis lmfao2 it’s obvious you feel bold to speak about China now that they’re under scrutiny for the coronavirus

42 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I'm not even from China and I feel literally sad for you, and your hypothesis brit5

44 minutes ago, Madonna said:

True. China approves vanilla stuff for masses.

23 minutes ago, GagaSavingPop said:

Lemme report for racism and xenophobia just for kiis lmfao2 it’s obvious you feel bold to speak about China now that they’re under scrutiny for the coronavirus

Racist? Xenophobic? eve1 

China is a mess, when it comes to its government and control. That isn't a secret. jj3 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.