Infrared

Lady Gaga | Chromatica | May 29, 2020

Just now, Gilly said:

rip3 listening them to with headphones is really making them JUMP juicy1

it's definitely an album to either blast on speakers or on good headphones juicy1

the production is stellar on every single track juicy1

Sine From Above sounds like such a Eurovision anthem dead2 But it's definitely the song I see myself replaying the most after ROM, it's a banger, which is something I never thought I'd say about a song featuring Elton John rip2

I cannot get over Sine From Above. It may be a bit extreme to say it's one of my all time favorite Gaga songs this early but god it's fucking incredible giveup1 

Her verse and his verse giveup1 The pre-chorus giveup1 that heavenly, icy drop that gives me chills every time giveup1 

Elton's "I felt immortal" delivery both times fucks me up giveup1 

AND IT HEALED MY HEART, HEARD A SINNNNEEEEEEEE oprah15oprah15oprah15

I think I finally cemented my top 3 after constant repeat of the album (and blowing out a speaker in my car while driving with the windows down and blaring the album)

1. Replay

2. 911

3. Plastic Doll

Then for Top 5... (Changes every so often still.)

4. Sine from Above

5. Alice

Then for top 8... (Definitely changes every so often.)

6. Babylon

7. Sour Candy

8. 1000 Doves

Ok so it’s grown on me ari11 after listening through with interludes the night it came out, I started to understand it more 

Alice, Rain On Me, Plastic Doll, Sour Candy, Enigma, Replay, Sine, Babylon I love oprah1

Stupid Love  I like

911 (unfortunately), Free Woman, Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves are trash

I stand by my comment that it’s too euro dance and her choruses don’t hit like they used to and there’s not enough edge to it. But the whole aesthetic, creative direction, theme and concept is flawless and she has won me over.

*reactivating my stan card*

4 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

Ok so it’s grown on me ari11 after listening through with interludes the night it came out, I started to understand it more 

Alice, Rain On Me, Plastic Doll, Sour Candy, Enigma, Replay, Sine, Babylon I love oprah1

Stupid Love  I like

911 (unfortunately), Free Woman, Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves are trash

I stand by my comment that it’s too euro dance and her choruses don’t hit like they used to and there’s not enough edge to it. But the whole aesthetic, creative direction, theme and concept is flawless and she has won me over.

*reactivating my stan card*

welcome back king! chromatica has what i call the artpop effect: jarring on first listen but you quickly realize that it’s the piece of a master piece gaga3