Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

Could Chromatica be a Concept Album?

Could the album have an overarching concept where the tracklist as a whole tell a story, maybe of the world of Chromatica? It’s rumored that the Stupid Love video will have continuations, so would you be here for the album also telling the story of Chromatica, its people, the tribes etc.? What do you guys think? jj2 

15 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

I would assume so. It wouldn't make sense to create an entire world for just one song. 

Pls, she's done it multiple times

31 minutes ago, Venom said:

I hope not, a whole album about peace not war, kindness, yadda yadda is too much juicy1

Well speak for yourself madame juicy1 

I won't mind if it's a concept album and the videos are all continuations of one another, as long as she does it right. 

The album needs to work well on its own. Like the songs just need to be good and still work within the concept and not be where they aren't interesting to listen to outside of the album as a whole. Idk if I explained that right but I don't want this to be like a Melanie Martinez K-12 situation. All those songs are great in the context of the concept/film but I have zero desire to listen to them outside of it.

Chromatica just needs to be a great Gaga album at the end of the day. 

I don't think it'll be a conceptual album. Gaga is too all over the place to do this and I also don't feel like the concept represented in SL is interesting enough to drag it for an entire album. However, if it flops we know the "it was a conceptual album!!!" card will be pulled.

5 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

Of course it will have a theme moo1 . She always came up with that  

Not a theme, a concept

A concept album is an album whose trackshold a larger purpose or meaning collectively than they do individually.[2][3] This is typically achieved through a single central narrative or theme, which can be instrumental, compositional, or lyrical.[4] Sometimes the term is applied to albums considered to be of "uniform excellence" rather than an LP with an explicit musical or lyrical motif.[5] There is no consensus among music critics as to the specific criteria for what a "concept album" is.[3][6]

The most notable example of the past decade is probably Janelle Monáe’s discography. Her first EP and first two studio albums are the story of an android named Cindi Mayweather who becomes a fugitive after falling in love with a human. Her third album Dirty Computer also falls under this category since the songs narrate the accompanying film which is similarly set in an A.I. dominated future with the characters experiencing inequality.

i hope that if that is the case she does it way better than how she did it in the stupid love video. literally all that "storyline" had was 2 groups of ppl fighting, gaga and her hippies get there and she lifts the leaders like some kinda jedi and then they all dance together rip4 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.