Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

About Demi Lovato's Recent Music

I'm not liking anything she's released so far. Anyone was kinda nice, but 1-2 listens were enough. I Love Me is just boring & generic rip4 

As for the album, judging from everything we've seen so far.. I feel like it's gonna be more of the same as TMYLM. It'll be a lot more personal lyrically, but sonically it's probably gonna be a rehash of the same old, same old. I mean, I'd love to be wrong and see her take some risks + evolve musically, but I just don't see it. 

Unpopular opinion: I like Anyone and I love ILM.

Anyone had some cheesy lyrics, the production was lackluster (just a piano for this powerful song?) and she sounded like she didn't warm up her voice before recording it (💀) but what I enjoyed most in it was the melody, her vocal range and runs, and her emotive vocal phrasing. 

I Love Me had clever and relatable lyrics, a sound that she hadn't done before, good rhythm, and spectacular vocals. 

As for her upcoming album, I expect her to keep the same quality as all of her previous albums.

2 hours ago, MadLove. said:

I Love Me had clever and relatable lyrics, a sound that she hadn't done before, good rhythm, and spectacular vocals. 

It was a generic self-empowerment anthem, with some very lazy lyricism actually, that wouldn't be out of place in 2016 rip4

Neither of the songs are all that great to me, but they're definitely not bad. Just kind of there I guess dead2

Personally, I was really hoping for a BIG single to kick off the era (ala Sorry Not Sorry, Skyscraper, Heart Attack ect) but if "I Love Me" is supposed to be that big powerful lead then sis... dead2

5 hours ago, Venom said:

It was a generic self-empowerment anthem, with some very lazy lyricism actually, that wouldn't be out of place in 2016 rip4

How is it generic if she's talking about specific feelings regarding her self-image? And how is the lyricism lazy if there are multiple creative and humorous metaphors? Also it's not even a self-empowerment song. The title confused everyone, but it's about her struggles with her self-image.

3 hours ago, MadLove. said:

How is it generic if she's talking about specific feelings regarding her self-image? And how is the lyricism lazy if there are multiple creative and humorous metaphors? Also it's not even a self-empowerment song. The title confused everyone, but it's about her struggles with her self-image.

She literally does not go into detail about things specific to her; It's a basic sentiment about being self-conscious because you don't look like the models in the magazines. And I don't know what creative and funny metaphors you're referring to, if you don't just mean the black belt line rip4

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.