Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

Original ARTPOP Album Cover Concept

The album cover She didn't dare to release
About a year ago , my “little sister” Germanotta asked me for a picture of mine to be used for the cover of her outcoming album. I worked hard on a certain idea, but the draft that came out was not appreciated by LG and everything ended there.

Meanwhile the draft was sent to Saatchi&Saatchi to participate in a specific contest; again, no success for it. But that picture is still available on the S&S site.
Six months ago I re-considered that draft and carried out some small changes that, in my opinion, would improve it so to deserve the final transfer on canvas.
And I did that.

When ready, I showed the final picture to Gaga, also suggesting the title for her new album: “Lady Gaga pop orgasm”. Unfortunately, everything was rejected again because it was considered “too trashy, too transgressive, too old-style pop, too little like her”…..

A few weeks later, I came to see Gaga new album: the cover is by Jeff Koons, (the well-known ****-star picker and famous contemporary artist) and it really has a lot of my original work, although duly censored…. Dear miss Germanotta, how bourgeois you became! No courage to introduce yourself with my cover!

And it would have cost you far far less! However I don’t have it infor you, but for Jeff, who will be sued for damages by my lawyer….

http://www.gianfrancoabela.it/The_album_cover_She_didn_t_dare_to_release.php?gclid=CJ7-8r3KuL0CFafKtAod1lkAiA

Glad she didn't go with these. They are trashy imo. And even if they weren't, they're just not appealing. They also don't fit the album, while the official cover does actually suit it, imo. And the artist seems real bitter about Gaga not choosing them. I really doubt Gaga outright called the work "trashy, transgressive, etc". She probably just didn't like them and decided not to use them. 

lmao @ the artist saying they'll sue Jeff. They won't get shit. The covers aren't even remotely similar. The pose is kinda similar but not enough and the style of Jeffs incorporating classic artwork is far different than these carnival sideshow looking pieces. 

Also why the fuck would they ever suggest "Lady Gaga pop orgasm" as a title rip4 On what PLANET did they think that would EVER fly? rip4 

Gaga deff probably said "I want the cover to be me naked sitting centered amongst an artistic backdrop" thus resulting in that horror of an image. Koons definitely captured the vibe Gaga was going for much more, such a reach to say Koons stole the idea. If the American flag imagery were present I'd say sure but clearly that's not the case moo12

7 hours ago, Hylia said:

A few weeks later, I came to see Gaga new album: the cover is by Jeff Koons

Apparently Gaga did the cover reveal in October 2013, and Gagapedia says she did the photoshoot with Jeff Koons for the sculpture in August. So if Gianfranco finished this painting "a couple weeks" before the Koons reveal, obviously the cover was already done or near completion rip4 And obviously Gaga wouldn't have accepted the stupid album title suggestion since she already announced ARTPOP a year earlier. Is this lady dumb?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.