Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

GMAYL bigger than SL. Why?

11 hours ago, ICEQueen said:

Ikr?!  Why compairing a top ten 30 year into a career to another top then only 10 years in. ari8

I’m referring to her plethora of quality singles in her catalog. I prefer to forget GMAYL exists. I’m not a Madonna or Gaga foaming-at-the-mouth hater so I don’t have any bets placed in this little game. mad4

2 hours ago, harry said:

I’m referring to her plethora of quality singles in her catalog. I prefer to forget GMAYL exists. I’m not a Madonna or Gaga foaming-at-the-mouth hater so I don’t have any bets placed in this little game. mad4

As if SL is a quality track lol JoJo Siwa makes more mature content

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

As if SL is a quality track lol JoJo Siwa makes more mature content

Perhaps one day I’ll choose to pretend it doesn’t exist as well. During the week(s) of GMAYL’s release and promotion I pretended it was great, as I’m sure you did too. Then over time perspective sets in. Such is life. I was happy my girl snagged another top ten 30 years into her career same as I’m happy my girl snagged another top five 12 years into her career. 

@Jjang

Okay from one Madge stan to another, please stop the reaching. You're actively making an entire fanbase look bad the more you continue to drag up bullshit like this. 

The songs were in two COMPLETELY different positions.

GMAYL most certainly had Super Bowl hype well beyond the US. If you think that only the US cares about the Super Bowl Halftime Show, then you're fucking delusional. If anything, people from other countries care even more because they have to jump through hoops to see it whether on online torrents, streams, etc. Her Super Bowl was not something that only the US was allowed to have, it wasn't our little secret. Her doing the halftime show was international news and there was coverage from around the world. The setlist that she was playing was always going to be a subject of conversation in the days following the performance. And it was not going to go unnoticed that she was playing a new song. Especially it wasn't going to go unnoticed that Nicki Minaj was on it and MIA was having to pay a fine to the FCC for the middle finger thrown up in the song. Add that to the worldwide response that was coming from other celebrities commenting on the show, the acclaim that was being handed down to the show as a whole, and GMAYL was part of a worldwide conversation. So of course it was going to do well on iTunes. And the impact of the SB on the physical charts around the world was felt too. The song debuted at #11 in Canada, #42 in Japan, #37 in the UK and only later reached it's peak on those charts in the charting week following the Super Bowl. So to say it didn't have SB anywhere but in the US is willful stan ignorance

Now did SL arrive under hype? Yes. But the hype mostly came down to the fact that it was ha first single not attached to a film in quite some time. Beyond that, she didn't have many tools at her disposal. 

. And when we talk numbers, SL wins. GMAYL has 22 million streams on Spotify eight years after it's release where SL has 45 million after less than a month into it's release. Outside the US, the most dominant markets are the UK and AUS and SL peaked higher in both regions than GMAYL. If you're going beyond that, you're getting into countries that don't pose any sort of dominance on the world music market so charting high there is just as impactful as getting a #1 on the fucking Adult Contemporary Radio charts at this point. 

I appreciate what you're trying to do but for fuck's sake pick a Madge hit that actually was more successful than SL without having this kinda push behind it. I mean 4 Minutes was right there but you picked this dumb ass argument.

Your "tea" was bad and you should feel bad. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

@Jjang

Okay from one Madge stan to another, please stop the reaching. You're actively making an entire fanbase look bad the more you continue to drag up bullshit like this. 

GMAYL most certainly had Super Bowl hype well beyond the US. If you think that only the US cares about the Super Bowl Halftime Show, then you're fucking delusional. If anything, people from other countries care even more because they have to jump through hoops to see it whether on online torrents, streams, etc. Her Super Bowl was not something that only the US was allowed to have, it wasn't our little secret. Her doing the halftime show was international news and there was coverage from around the world. The setlist that she was playing was always going to be a subject of conversation in the days following the performance. And it was not going to go unnoticed that she was playing a new song. Especially it wasn't going to go unnoticed that Nicki Minaj was on it and MIA was having to pay a fine to the FCC for the middle finger thrown up in the song. Add that to the worldwide response that was coming from other celebrities commenting on the show, the acclaim that was being handed down to the show as a whole, and GMAYL was part of a worldwide conversation. So of course it was going to do well on iTunes. And the impact of the SB on the physical charts around the world was felt too. The song debuted at #11 in Canada, #42 in Japan, #37 in the UK and only later reached it's peak on those charts in the charting week following the Super Bowl. So to say it didn't have SB anywhere but in the US is willful stan ignorance

Now did SL arrive under hype? Yes. But the hype mostly came down to the fact that it was ha first single not attached to a film in quite some time. Beyond that, she didn't have many tools at her disposal. 

. And when we talk numbers, SL wins. GMAYL has 22 million streams on Spotify eight years after it's release where SL has 45 million after less than a month into it's release. Outside the US, the most dominant markets are the UK and AUS and SL peaked higher in both regions than GMAYL. If you're going beyond that, you're getting into countries that don't pose any sort of dominance on the world music market so charting high there is just as impactful as getting a #1 on the fucking Adult Contemporary Radio charts at this point. 

I appreciate what you're trying to do but for fuck's sake pick a Madge hit that actually was more successful than SL without having this kinda push behind it. I mean 4 Minutes was right there but you picked this dumb ass argument.

Awww did @Jjang hurt your feelings? Don't worry lil monster SL is better than all the Madonna songs put together and then some!  Feel Better?  

Madge stan hmmm okari11

1 hour ago, ICEQueen said:

Awww did @Jjang hurt your feelings? Don't worry lil monster SL is better than all the Madonna songs put together and then some!  Feel Better?  

Madge stan hmmm okari11

Girl don't come for me being a Madge stan when I've been supporting her on this forum for three, almost four years. All it takes is a trip to her section to see it. You can even look at my profile header if you want. There's a reason she's my #1 stan badge and a reason she's my #1 artist. Just because I deconstructed a faulty argument doesn't make me any less a stan. It makes me logical. 

5 hours ago, ICEQueen said:

Madge stan hmmm okari11

You are the @HninSi of Madge stans nicki5

7 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

@Jjang

Excuses + incorrect analysis and observations, next

The only mental health problems I observe in any discussions on this forum come from the haters of either girl, rather than the fans, but some of y’all obviously aren’t ready for accept that truth. brit15

8 hours ago, Mariah's 19 #1's said:

conveniently left out that GMAYL was 46 in the UK and SL reached no. 10

Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, South Korea, Canada etc are all major markets and there's no excuse to Gaga not doing better in those markets 12 years into her career when Madonna was on her 30th! 

It peaked at #37 in the UK, by the way brit16

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.