Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

GMAYL bigger than SL. Why?

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, South Korea, Canada etc are all major markets and there's no excuse to Gaga not doing better in those markets 12 years into her career when Madonna was on her 30th! 

It peaked at #37 in the UK, by the way brit16

Oh sis now he is going to write another novel in response to this hot tea. brit5

13 hours ago, Margerine Flange said:

as you should ari2

Girl please. I’m actually an M stan who likes a lot of MDMA and don’t agree with some of the fanbase that thinks it’s one of her terrible albums. Honestly at this point I listen to it more than HC. 

But GMAYL was garbage and sounds even worse now. mad5

GGW is that bitch tho. mad4

6 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

Why was it garbage? Why is GGW better? xtina2 

The production is goofy and bland. It's like a lazy, slightly modernized update of Beautiful Stranger with a bag of features thrown in. 

GGW is better by default given my above opinion, I but I actually enjoy it as a nice lil dancefloor bop of hers, and the video is a good time. It's nothing new but it's well executed. 

7 minutes ago, harry said:

The production is goofy and bland. It's like a lazy, slightly modernized update of Beautiful Stranger with a bag of features thrown in. 

GGW is better by default given my above opinion, I but I actually enjoy it as a nice lil dancefloor bop of hers, and the video is a good time. It's nothing new but it's well executed. 

I don't think GMAYL was lazy at all. Sure, I expected something epic at that time, but it was a solid pop song. Incredibly catchy. I love the mix of modern and retro. It evokes Beautiful Stranger and her 80s stuff. Plus, it has surf elements. Those glitch-y effects during Nicki's part. Plus M.I.A. 

The only part that should have been different was Madonna's voice, which was too much autotuned.

GGW isn't better by default. It is a basic EDM song. Madonna should have done something interesting with it. Those autotuned vocals. That lame chorus. Verses slay though.

On 3/15/2020 at 12:41 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

And when we talk numbers, SL wins. GMAYL has 22 million streams on Spotify eight years after it's release where SL has 45 million after less than a month into it's release.

i dont think it's fair to compare a song that was released when streaming was non-existent to a time where streaming basically makes a hit song. also, GMAYL is as immature as stupid love tho so idk why is everyone here just dragging SL bc of that when GMAYL is even worse dead4 a stain on her career 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.