Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Coronavirus may infect up to 70% of world's population within the next 12 months

GP: Coronavirus, US, New York 200308 - 106432528

In the worst-case scenario, novel coronavirus infections can persist for a year and the virus can infect up to 70 percent of the world`s population, a worldly-renowned computational and systems immunology expert warned.

“Pessimistic modeling is that this is going to last for the next 12 months and 70 percent of human population gets infected,” Dr. Jacob Glanville, founding partner and CEO of Distributed Bio, said in a recent interview with Maeil Business Newspaper in San Francisco. He said the current modeling indicated that the assumption that the virus may go away in summer could be wrong considering the high contagion rate of the new coronavirus.

The virus has so far infected 145,705 people and costed over 5,436 lives worldwide with Italy becoming the second most infected country with the second highest mortality rate after China. The cases and deaths also are rising rapidly in the U.S.

“Right now unfortunately the Europe is very heavily infected and it`s going to outbreak in Africa, the United States,” said Dr. Glanville. “The United States is just not organized right now the CDC does not have the resources it needs to make the kind of choices.”

Glanville studied genomics at University of California at Berkeley and earned a Ph.D. in computational and systems immunology from Stanford University. He worked as principal scientist at Pfizer in San Francisco before he co-founded Distributed Bio.

x, x

4 hours ago, Emperor Nick said:

Urg, enough already

2 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Yeah I’m so tired of this subject dead2 

Alright y'all, was just trying to start a discussion dead2

48 minutes ago, Jake said:

All this COVID-19 news is depressing dead2 It feels like the world is all focused on one subject so the days are boring and it feels like they pass extremely quickly.

This. It's getting tiring, i'm done with all these pessimistic discussions, the virus is dangerous for certain people and ages, we get it, stop talking about it again and again and try to have fun with your family/friends these weeks to lighten up your mood. My father CAN'T stfu about it and i'm already pressed, he talks about it 24/7.

dead2

2 hours ago, Jake said:

All this COVID-19 news is depressing dead2 It feels like the world is all focused on one subject so the days are boring and it feels like they pass extremely quickly.

I don't disagree but the virus itself is limiting other things to talk about - social gatherings are cancelled, movies are losing their release days, sports are on hold, school and work are rapidly either out altogether or being done from home, etc dead2 

11 hours ago, Margerine Flange said:

This. It's getting tiring, i'm done with all these pessimistic discussions, the virus is dangerous for certain people and ages, we get it, stop talking about it again and again and try to have fun with your family/friends these weeks to lighten up your mood. My father CAN'T stfu about it and i'm already pressed, he talks about it 24/7.

dead2

People who don’t take the threat seriously are harming spread-reduction. The main threat for the majority of younger people like us isn’t that we’ll die if we contract it, but that people will overwhelm the healthcare system and cause unnecessary deaths because all ICUs and hospitals are over capacity. Don’t go out with friends, stay at home, please...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-cautionary-tale-italy-dont-do-what-we-did/?outputType=amp

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

People who don’t take the threat seriously are harming spread-reduction. The main threat for the majority of younger people like us isn’t that we’ll die if we contract it, but that people will overwhelm the healthcare system and cause unnecessary deaths because all ICUs and hospitals are over capacity. Don’t go out with friends, stay at home, please...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-cautionary-tale-italy-dont-do-what-we-did/?outputType=amp

I said i know the virus is dangerous and that i'm staying inside for few weeks too, i just don't want to talk about it 24/7 as everyone around me does

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

I get your point, but you can take the threat seriously without banging on about it 24/7. Constantly fonting Coronavirus isn't gonna make ha flop but, let's face it, in pandemic terms she's still Bubbling Under.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.