Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

Italy overtakes China as the country with the most Coronavirus deaths

Italy has overtaken China as the country with most coronavirus-related deaths, registering 3,405 dead, a rise of 427 on the day before.

Thursday’s figure represented a slight improvement on the day before, when Italy recorded 475 deaths - the most reported by any country in a single day since the start of the outbreak.

However, the total number of cases in Italy rose to 41,035 from a previous 35,713, up 14.9%, a faster rate of growth than seen over the last three days, the Civil Protection Agency said.

Some 3,245 people have died in China since the virus first emerged there late last year. Italy’s outbreak came to light in the north of the country on 21 February.

In recent weeks, as the situation in Italy has darkened, the Italian Government has taken drastic steps to attempt to curb the economic devastation. Rapidly becoming known as the "Italian Cure", the county's borders are closed, all forms of business are shut down, save for grocery stores and pharmacies. A plethora of taxes and social service payments have been suspended. Rents and mortgages have been halted or lowered until further notice. Companies and firms within Italy are not legally allowed to layoff employees without "justifiable, objective reasons" until May. 

With leaders around the world faced with the prospect of economic ruin, or the deaths of millions, Italy's example offers a way forward. 

Source

Dio ti benedica, Italia cry3

This policy is intriguing:

"Companies and firms within Italy are not legally allowed to layoff employees without "justifiable, objective reasons" until May." interesting1

3 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Well, If China and Iran were honest about their deaths we wouldn't be that high moo1 Also the UK is hiding numbers 

I wouldn’t believe China and Iran if they told me water is wet. 

I hope you’re holding up well though. 

1 minute ago, Darth Sidious said:

I wouldn’t believe China and Iran if they told me water is wet. 

I hope you’re holding up well though. 

Both countries are covering up the truth about their deaths unlike Italy and thank you <3

1 hour ago, Princess Aurora said:

Well, If China and Iran were honest about their deaths we wouldn't be that high moo1 Also the UK is hiding numbers 

Wait, you're italian too? shock1

1 hour ago, Princess Aurora said:

Oh snap. I'm from Calabria and Luckily the containment is working, the cases are rising slowly over here but I'm still scared gaga4 

Oh that's good I guess gaga4

Containment ain't working here that well gaga4

52 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Mess, they did it when it was too late. I hope this will all be over asap 

It looks like it's getting worse... people don't want to listen and stay home gaga4

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.