Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Does Denture Neuralgia Suffer from Being Solid?

Recommended Posts

Read me out juicy1

Nothing on Due Lipo's 2nd smash hit album is awful. Good In Bed is questionable, yes, Boys Will Be Boys doesn't fit - true - but they aren't terrible songs. Every track is decent-to-competent-to-excellent proficient pop. The songwriting is consistently above-average, there are no clangers, although the John Lautner reference comes close brit15 The production mostly slaps.

But because the whole album feels so... well-made, it isn't all that exciting, a bit like Meghan Trainor or Charlie Puke. There are no edges. There are no major surprises. I'm a tad underwhelmed, but FN is very solid and not at all unsatisfactory, a bit like a good shit brit15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girl have we run out of BG material that we're dragging a pop girl for releasing a good, solid album? dead4 

Also don't compare Future Nostalgia to anything Charlie Puta has ever released, the boy WISHES

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see what you mean, I can't word it myself, but it's indeed an example of thé most perfect pop album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It being so well made is what makes it great! I'm sick of artists releasing lazy, half-assed, trend hopping shit. FN is light years more exciting than anything Meghan Trainor or Charlie Puth have ever released.

It's so nice to have a pop album that's incredible from start to finish again. It feels like it's been a long time since we've had something like this (don't even try to mention Lover cause that album was not it). And she's been serving with the visuals which is so great too. Don't Start Now also had some really great performances. 

It's not just the music. FN is giving us the POP era so many artists having been slacking on the last couple years. It's really refreshing honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good in Bed is literally one of the few tracks that serves as a breath of fresh air among songs that are all solid but a tad similar sonically. Aside from that, it's literally one of the best along with Pretty Please and yall will fucking DEAL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y’all keep whining for a good pop album now Dua Lipa releases one and you’re still not satisfied? Jesus Christ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. I felt like this too.

I got what I expected and it was such a safe retro sound. Literally no surprises. That's why I'm no wowed by it. I think an album is better when you don't expect what's going to come. But this album said what it's going to be from the second single. 

It's a good album. But it's not the mastepiece people are creaming themselves for. It's an album packed with bops but I don't get any emotional investment and range from it. It's like it was created only to throw in some bombastic songs in there because certain demographics will enjoy it and were begging for this kind of album from someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's solid yes, but no competition for Chromatica's AOTY Grammy whit2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fab said:

it's solid yes, but no competition for Chromatica's AOTY Grammy whit2

Album of the Next Year possibly brit15 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

listening rn, 6th track to be exact, pretty please. Loving it so far and I love the 90`s vibe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, fab said:

it's solid yes, but no competition for Chromatica's AOTY Grammy whit2

Sorry to bring your hopes down like your fave delaying ha album but Coronamatic ain't gonna snatch AOTY this year, nor next year sis. aretha1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LÉON said:

Read me out juicy1

Nothing on Due Lipo's 2nd smash hit album is awful. Good In Bed is questionable, yes, Boys Will Be Boys doesn't fit - true - but they aren't terrible songs. Every track is decent-to-competent-to-excellent proficient pop. The songwriting is consistently above-average, there are no clangers, although the John Lautner reference comes close brit15 The production mostly slaps.

But because the whole album feels so... well-made, it isn't all that exciting, a bit like Meghan Trainor or Charlie Puke. There are no edges. There are no major surprises. I'm a tad underwhelmed, but FN is very solid and not at all unsatisfactory, a bit like a good shit brit15

on what planet anything made by traitor or charlie puta is well made

7bLhsSF.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been a fan of Dua's hooks and ways she sings them, she knows how to make a catchy song. Pop song structure is in her BLOOD. This second album is all of that, but with a cohesive aesthetic to it. And this thread is you complaining that it's TOO perfect? sia4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

on what planet anything made by traitor or charlie puta is well made

7bLhsSF.gif

 

Voicenotes was an alright pop album

7bLhsSF.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I mean, no one said it's a revolutionary album or idk, it's a good pop album by a pop girl, something that we haven't see in years. nicki5 

 

Edit: Miles better than the W**knd mediocre new album btw kylie7

Edited by Margerine Flange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luca said:

I see what you mean, I can't word it myself, but it's indeed an example of thé most perfect pop album. 

It's perfection makes it... somewhat... unlovable? rIQXnJU.gif A bit like an adonis is a turn-off simply for being so good-looking rIQXnJU.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×