Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Can Gaga Save the Coronatica Era?

I must admit, a part of my wig was ruffled (like Trump's quiff fluttering in a light breeze) when Stupid Love went top 5 on both sides of the pond shock1 Surprise Transatlantic smash!

However juicy1 How many times have we heard an artist claim that they've pushed the release date back because they realised, at the last minute, that it "wasn't ready" and they "just want to make it perfect for my fans!" eve1 When in reality, it's because the label have told them it's shit and/or the lead single underperformed ny1

Now, Miss Germanotta probably saw the fact that Stupid Love was a frontloaded hit, that a number of people said it was reductive (of herself, this time), that the video was widely lambasted and maybe she should review the whole era before continuing? And before she got to make the "I'm headed back into the studio to record new songs for you because I'm feeling so inSPiReD!" statement, Coronavirus came along to sweep her excuses away.

So, do you think it might have worked in her favour? She now has time to buy better camera equipment, come up with better concepts (musically and visually) and return with a more polished Sound and Vision.mp3 for the Coronatica era.

Or do you think she'll just post updates about Asia (jj3 Corominati confirmedT), release a new 60% alcohol-based lipstick range and wait for the album to leak? ajay1

The delay happened like 20 days before the album should've been out, I'm almost positive that CDs were already being pressed. People need to drop the "she will rework" crap. The only thing she can scrap and redo are the music video if she had any prepared. Please miss thang, no one gives a shit about your kindness bullshit, let alone putting it in your videos.

OT: Yes, Rain On Me is coming 679874224969744442.gif?v=1

I would say they made the decision to delay the release on the day they had to send the master files and final artwork to the CD manufacturer. 3 weeks sounds about right for production and distribution. Pre-orders by music retailers could have happened up to 6 weeks before release day. Maybe the lack of any pre-order sales excitement by retail or digital platforms killed it. gaga12

Wait, did she or her team say the album wasn't ready? um1 

If not, then the album is delayed simply because Gaga wants to have an era. It doesn't matter if it will flop or not, an era is important. Any fan of any artist wants an era. 

I don't get why she gets dragged in this situation. Some people mentioned Duolingo and The Weeknd releasing albums. So what? They released more songs before their albums. 

um2 

How many time does it take to print CDs and promotional materials (banners, posters, shirts, merchandising, etc)?

I think that they rushed the first single trying to overshadow Dua Lipa (?), but  since they weren't succesful with that, they went back to the studio trying to make changes and hype things up.

Idk it's a theory. fall5

5 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

How many time does it take to print CDs and promotional materials (banners, posters, shirts, merchandising, etc)?

I think that they rushed the first single trying to overshadow Dua Lipa (?), but  since they weren't succesful with that, they went back to the studio trying to make changes and hype things up.

Idk it's a theory. fall5

People need to stop saying Gaga is jealous of Dua or is trying to beat her. jj3 Does she even know who she is?

Ass 2 Ass and Joanne wouldn't have happened if Gaga wasn't OK with not slaying the charts. oprah14 

Stupid Love was no.5 in USA and UK.  How is that different than Dua's Physical which was also no.5 in UK, but flopped in USA?  um2 

6 hours ago, LiberatedWarrior said:

Top 5 isn’t an underperformance that warrants an album delay wtf.....

The song dropped hard as fuck afterwards. It was frontloaded and the reception it got overall wasn't good enough. If that song was the most radio-friendly song they had to offer from the album, it's very likely the label decided to pull the plug.

3 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

as if the albums sales would be huge

only thing they can hope for is getting some ok doing singles in the 20s

most modern eras end with the album release anyway unless you have longvity like Billie or Zara

Who tf is that?

I'm kind of confused as to why people think she postponed the album/what she said exactly as to why it'll be delayed. I don't think an underperforming single would be any real reason to postpone an album (Not sure if she cares? Although maybe she does). Nor do I think she's trying to change it/rerecord. She probably just postponed it due to Corona. The old ladies aren't going to be able to buy their CDs.

16 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

People need to stop saying Madam Vampire is jealous of Zara or is trying to beat her. jj3 Does she even know who she is?

Ass 2 Ass and Joanne wouldn't have happened if Madam Vampire wasn't OK with not slaying the charts. oprah14 

Stupid Love was no.5 in USA and UK.  How is that different than Zara's Physical which was also no.5 in UK, but Flopped in USA?  um2 

Physical will be top 5 in UK for many weeks, with her having the lead single STILL perched in the top 5 after 22 weeks or so (gonna break records cause only 1 was out of top 10) + a third simultaneous top 10 to the other 2, and also having a single currently perched in the top 3 of US (#1 on US radio call outs so it’s going to be top 10 for months)... there’s a big difference between Dudu and Gagz current eras.

Also their standards and label expectations are completely different, one is a streaming artist that is just starting, the other is a big-miss huge artist that once ruled the entire music landscape a decade ago.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.