Create A Label: Season 12

hector 31,875

RPGZBgy.jpg

THE VOICE USA | SECOND EPISODE | THE COACHING BEGINS...

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-5-34-52-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-5-35-07-PM.pngSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON A BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO FOR WATCH ME BLEED:

“There was a lot of footage captured of the creation of Watch Me Bleed’s video. I hadn’t ever considered filming that process until the video for Secret really and that turned out so well that I wanted to do it again, especially with how important this video is to me and what it stands for and represents. I’ve gotten to be good friends with an amazing videographer named Josiah who I met out on tour last year, the brother of one of the main cameramen on my concert film. I invited him on set and he captured a lot of cool, candid moments as we filmed the video. Now, I’m not sure when this footage will come to the public and I’m not 100% sure that it will, but we’re definitely discussing it.”

ON THE EP TRACK A NEVER ENDING STORY:

“A Never Ending Story is one of two songs on the project where I didn’t really inject a lot of fiction into it. It’s a pretty cut and dry representation of what I was like in my mid teens when I was first starting to struggle with my mental health. I didn’t really understand what I was feeling or why I felt the way that I did and because of that, I kind of shut myself down and excluded myself from my family and friends. I didn’t ask for help because I wasn’t aware of what kind of help I needed to be asking for. It was frustrating, but not just for me. It was frustrating for my family as well. The song is meant to be an honest look at what someone in that headspace is feeling and what that ends up doing to both them and their family.”

ON ARTISTS THAT INSPIRE HIM:

“Musically, I’ve taken inspiration from a lot of people. Brendon Urie is one of my chief influences, I think that’s easy to tell. The way he was able to blend the punk sound and pop sound into a unique package was really something special. On that same coin is Kelly Clarkson who was doing the pop rock fusion before any of us were. I consider myself lucky to get the chance to be close to the people that have influenced me in my career. Hopefully I’ll get to collaborate with them soon.”

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-5-49-44-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-5-49-57-PM.pngSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON HIS INNER CIRCLES REACTION TO WATCH ME BLEED:

“Watch Me Bleed took the people close to me by surprise. Most people that were outside of the band didn’t even know that I had been in the studio working on something, let alone something so different. When I finally sat down and played the song for friends and family, it left a lot of them fairly stunned. Whether it be for the content or the sound or both varied from person to person. Some people hadn’t been aware of the story, or stories rather, that inspired it, some were shocked I’d moved away from my traditional sound. But all of the reactions that I got helped me to better shape the path of the song and get it to the place that it needed to be. I’m grateful for those moments quite honestly and it led to something really special to lead all of this new stuff off with.”

ON THE EP TRACK TALK ME DOWN:

“This is the most frank discussion that I’ve ever had when it comes to my spirals into depression. There have been two times in my life where I’ve sunken to the bottom of the barrel. Once when I was a teenager and once in the last couple of years. Talk Me Down though isn’t meant to be a downer of a song, but rather it’s meant to normalize the discussion of depression and place an emphasis on speaking up and finding solace in someone else. I got the help I’ve needed in my life by asking for it and seeking out people that can help me. Now, that’s not always an easy task, but it is an entirely possible one. I just wanted to push that message out there a little bit and hope someone who needs to hear it hears it.”

ON EXPANDING HIS GREEN FRIENDLY ERA INITIATIVES:

“I’ve been working on a plan the last little bit to keep moving forward with the initiative to go green this era and beyond. I’m not going to go into detail quite yet, but it’s a project that I’m passionate about and I’m looking forward to getting more of it figured out. I see it as a responsibility to do my part and help others do their part when it comes to saving the planet and this plan revolves around that idea.”

ryjapo 3,705

ecl888o.jpg

FLORENCE WELCH • CAPITAL FM • UK • FREE

ryjapo 3,705

do1gvNC.jpg

FLORENCE WELCH • HITS RADIO • UK • FREE

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-7-26-42-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-7-26-58-PM.pngSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

The song has been an early success, becoming Shawn’s first single to debut in the top ten. In the following week, it climbed the #5 position where it stayed for it’s third week. The song seems set to be another smash for Shawn, becoming platinum certified in two weeks with only more to come. The song gained more traction with the release of the song’s video which told an intimate story concerning partner violence. It was notable for portraying a man as a victim of abuse, something rarely depicted in any media. The song was the perfect lead in for the release of the project which is slated to be another major success for Shawn.

Thus far on the promotional tour, Shawn has rarely performed the song as he stated he felt it fit the song better to discuss rather than present, at least until its purpose was widely understood by audiences around the world. When he did indeed perform the song, it typically is in a simple format, unlike most of his other performances which have been more bombastic and large scale. Taking to the Dancing with the Stars stage for the first time since last year, Shawn surprised by offering a more detailed performance of the song.

The performance begins with Shawn standing at the back of the dance floor basked in a deep red light as he begins to strum the opening of the song. On the first note, he begins to walk forward toward a mic on a stand at the center of the dance floor on a circular platform. By the time he reaches the mic, it’s time to deliver the first words. When he does, lights appear on three couples on the floor. They move forward in front of Shawn.

As the song goes on, the couples adapt the story of the song and video, a dance that shows the female partner dominating the male. But the tides change as the song goes on where the male partner begins to slip away and take back his personal power. Shawn stays on the platform and delivers a rousing vocal and musical performance. At the conclusion, Shawn steps down and takes a bow with his band and the dancers before making his exit.

hector 31,875

LptXeI0.png

ARIANA GRANDE ON JIMMY KIMMEL | USA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Finally going on tour
Ariana: Oh God, it feels so good! I’m so happy to be able to go on tour and to see my fans again while being around the world because it does feel like a long time since I was onthe Ariana Grande tour! It’s been like, what? Almost two years since I was out? It’s incredible how time passes. Right now I’m on tour with my newest project called Liability, which is a six track EP that I released in May last year and it has been a dream so far, the fans have been very energetic and I’ve seen so many of them saying that they love the tour and all of that on Connect so.. We decided to add more tour dates! I’m going to expand the tour around the world and tickets will be out next week if I’m not wrong so yeah, I’m super excited. I’m going to kick off the new dates on February 20th and I hope everyone comes.

Making the break your heart video
Ariana: I think that, even though it’s a simple music video with no story line whatsoever, I thought that it was really cool to like, be as carefree as I was on it. I always have this script that I either write with the director or is handed to me and go with it but this time ti was more of a, like, uhm, just “be free” kinda moment and go with the flow to make everyone see how natural it was. Instead of being forced, you know, because when music videos have your closest friends and all of them in it, it tends to be seen a little bit forced and this wasn’t the case at all. I love that I had the opportunity to be with my friends on it and do something really cool with Hannah who got what I wanted for this. Keep streaming the music video now on Caltube! Let’s try and get it to 20 million views.

Working with Marc Jacobs again
Ariana: [Laughs] I guess it was really clear on my tweet the other day! I wasn’t intending to be clear I wanted to be cryptic but it didn’t work I see [laughs] ok so we’ve been talking for a while to do a fragrance together again since the three we’ve released together have done really amazing and I feel like, my fans are going to love this one. This one’s called “Heartbreak” and it’s going to be like, this “anti-valentine” fragrance and instead of it being marketed for happy couples it’s going to be marketed for the lonely & single, like me, on Valentines day [laughs] I know.. I just wanted something that would make sense right now for me and that would go along with the liability era and this was just a very creative idea. The fragrance is going to come out in February 14th and I’m so ready! It smells so, so good!

PERFORMS BREAK YOUR HEART

She’d then take the stage to perform her latest single, break your heart. The stage would be decorated with neon broken hearts and metallic walls and Ariana was seen with four dancers and she’d be singing as they would all be around her and dancing in circles with Ariana looking distressed. The performance itself was very energetic and Ariana wouldn’t miss a beat or a note, showcasing her stage presence and the way she carried herself around it. When the performance ends, Ariana would be greeting the host and he’d remind everyone that Ariana is on tour and that tickets are available on Caltube.

hector 31,875

E6oXoR3.png

ARIANA GRANDE ON AMERICAN IDOL | USA

Spoiler

PERFORMS BREAK YOUR HEART & LIABILITY (INTRO)

When the show begins, the host of the show would be seen on the stage. Behind him, a big LED screen would be seen and it was the break your heart music video playing and then the cover for the liability EP was seen fading into the picture and the host begins by saying "Hello and welcome to American Idol, I'm Ryan Seacrest and I hope everyone has a great night. Right now, we have one of the biggest artists in the planet. With an album that sold over 13 million copies, four #1 singles, three GRAMMYs and many more accolades she's shown to be a force to be reckoned with, so please welcome to the stage, performing two songs from her latest project, liability, the incredibly talented, Ariana Grande!" and the crowd would go crazy with the announcement and then go even crazier when they see Ariana sitting in what seemed to be a moon and she was hanging in the middle of the stage. The LED screens behind her would show a starry night and the stars were blinking like diamonds. She'd then, start singing the intro of liability, with a very soothing voice that would sound beautiful with the calm instrumental playing in the background. She was then slowly going down to the floor as she kept singing and then when the moon reaches the floor she looks at the audience and the whole place turns red.  And then the intro of break your heart begins to be played with the background singers doing it as Ariana was greeted by her dancers and they help her get off the security belt from the moon. 

She'd stand in the middle of the stage and looks to the audience as her dancers would form a triangle behind her and then the music video for break your heart was displayed int he back with some fire coming from the edge of the stage and she'd continue performing the track's first verse. She was now walking around the stage as her dancers would be following her and doing some acrobatics, as she then looks back and one of them tries to reach her and she jumps back trying to avoid him and goes to the runway where she would then sing the chorus of the song with then neon hearts being displayed on the screens, but they would be breaking and then Ariana belts amazingly the chorus. She'd go back to the main stage to continue performing and she sits on the stairs with her female dancers following her and she'd do a choreography while sitting there and they all do it really great, in sync and with a fierce look in their faces. Then she'd be lifted from the ground by one of her dancers and they would be seen doing the choreography of the song once again and then the performance ends with Ariana smiling and thanking everyone. She would be greeted by the host, and he'd thank her for being on the show and reminded everyone to stream the songs on Encore and to get tickets for Ariana's tour on Caltube + watch the break your heart video on Caltube as well.

hector 31,875

PGQNOJJ.png

ARIANA GRANDE CALLS LOS 40 PRINCIPALES SPAIN | EUROPE

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Taking the liability world tour to Spain
Ariana: Yeah it is happening! I’m awaiting for confirmation but it’s 90% confirmed that I’m going to go on tour around Europe and going to do one date in Spain so my Spanish fans better be ready! I’m so excited to be finally out there and touring after such a long time of not doing anything [laughs] because I really missed seeing my fans and singing with them. I think I haven’t toured in Spain since... I don’t know when [laughs] maybe this is the first time I’ll go there. I don’t remember [laughs] but yeah I really love the idea of going over there, right now, I discussed this with Republic Records and we’re setting that probably the dates for the Europe tour would be up next week and that we would be hitting Spain in April I think? Maybe, I’d need to be sure [laughs] so I’ll say wait until the dates are up on my Caltube page. 

The success of liability so far
Ariana: It’s overwhelming, even though the EP didn’t go #1, I feel like it’s success that it has received so far is astonishing and I love my fans for being really, really, really supportive because I know that, I wasn’t 100% here with this whole era since it was too painful for me to promote and do my thing. I wrote this EP and produced it with incredible people in one week before releasing it, which is insane? And I did this right after I broke up with Ariel so I was still heartbroken and wasn’t feeling myself when the era basically started and I wanted to not do it but at the same I did because I haven’t had released anything in a lot of time.. I wanted to do it for the fans, yo uknow? Because I felt like I was disappointing them a lot. But right now I see this EP getting so many streams on Encore and it’s so amazing.. Thank you, I love you, keep streaming!

On break your heart and it’s reception
Ariana: Oh God, it feels so good [laughs] I know that, it isn’t a massive hit but I’m like, super content with the way this song has been doing because to me it ain’t about having huge hits it’s all about just making music to connect with people and I feel like, break your heart in some way did it. It does have like, almost 40 million streams on Encore, etc, so people are feeling good with it, they are hearing the song and feeling what I felt even though I feel that the song’s lyrics are way too personal and strictly about Ariel so no one would be actually relating to the lyrics [laughs] but I know that it’s all about the message of the song, about being heartbroken but understood that this is a temporary pain. I’m very thankful for the love given to it! If you haven’t, stream it now on Encore! And watch the video on Caltube.

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-9-57-19-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-9-58-54-PM.pngSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

ON REMIXES FOR WATCH ME BLEED:

“I’ve been in contact with some very talented producers to remix Watch Me Bleed. I’ve never done remixes before so I’m a little bit unfamiliar with the whole process, but then again I don’t have to be very hands on with all of that. I’m really just looking to try something new this go around and remixes are new to me. The people I’ve gotten to talk to aren’t really big name producers or anything like that. I’ve found myself pulling toward producers who are newer or just a little more obsecure. I tend to find that they’re willing to try more and do more interesting things with the music. I’ve heard little previews of their ideas and I like the direction so we’ll see when they get finished what happens with them!”

ON THE EP TRACK THE MEMORY REMAINS:

“I wanted the project to close on a moment of hope because after every moment of darkness, there is light that follows and I didn’t want that to be forgotten in the midst of the sadness and darkness of some of the other songs in the project. The song talks about coming through those periods and finding the strength that exists on the other side. I was lucky to be pulled from my first bout of darkness into a period of great strength in my life. It’s entirely possible to come through those moments and find yourself better on the other side.”

ON HIS UPCOMING NETFLIX FILM:

“HUMAN: THE FILM was captured on stage and off as I toured. The concert was taken from my sold out final show in Toronto and the backstage footage was captured from all around the world. The goal is to offer everyone a chance to see what went into making this show happen and what it’s like to be out on the road with me. I said at the beginning that the goal of the era was to break down the wall between myself and the audience and this film is the final step to doing that. It’s very honest and beyond that, it beautifully captures the concert.”