Create A Label: Season 12

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-10-51-26-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-10-51-47-PM.pnSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single and EP, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON COMPOSING WATCH ME BLEED:

“I struggled a bit with composing Watch Me Bleed. I didn’t really have anything other than a vocal melody when I sat down to write the music. And while that helped, it left a lot to be filled in around it and, being unfamiliar with the style, I was in deep without a paddle for a little while. I decided to start where I usually do and that’s with a guitar. I had the guitar melody composed pretty quickly but when it came to the orchestral portions, it was a struggle. I’ve never done it by myself before, I’d had help in orchestral sections from my collaborators. This time I was writing alone. Ultimately, the process forced me to step out of my own typical boundaries as a writer and a musician. Without it, I don’t think I’d have had the willingness to put my neck out for what came after and what’s still to come.”

ON DECIDING TO DO AN EP OVER AN ALBUM:

“I wasn’t ready to do a full album with this sound yet. I needed to get used to it and the fans needed to get used to it. Had I done a full album, I think it would’ve been too much to handle all at one time. I envisioned The Miami Experiment as something of a bridge between the first part of my career and what’s coming next. It’s not fully committed to a pop sound, but it’s got those roots firmly planted before I take off on that road with the next full length album. This also afforded me freedom to do something a little different in terms of structure and presentation. EPs are much more fluid in the rules of what you can and can’t do with them and I’ve not played around with that format before. It was a fun, no pun intended, little experiment.”

ON SONGS THAT DIDN’T MAKE THE TRACK LIST:

“Only one. There were seven songs I worked on for the project and the one that got cut was a track called To Let Go which was a song about leaving home. The reason I cut it was because it was about an experience far after the other topics discussed and it just didn’t make logistical sense within the context of the project.”

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-11-40-39-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2020-02-09-at-11-40-53-PM.pnSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single and EP, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON WHAT’S NEXT FOR WATCH ME BLEED:

“I finally plan to head internationally with Watch Me Bleed. I planned to keep mostly in the US and UK area during the initial roll out and then all through release week, and that’s what I’ve done. But I’m taking it overseas finally! It’s been a long time since I’ve gotten the chance to travel and promote in Europe. This song has had a lot of support from my fans in Europe, but that’s not really all that much of a surprise. I’ve had such unwavering support from my European fans since the very beginning. I have a lot of fun stuff planned to do over there with the song. I’ll see you all very soon!”

ON THE MIAMI EXPERIMENT:

“The Miami Experiment is, in my opinion at least, the best work of my career so far. I loved the album that preceded it and I always will. But this represents a whole lot to me as an artist. It’s the first step into something bold and new for me. It’s representative of a newfound willingness in me to take risks and do something outside of my usual realm of work. I know that it won’t have the same impact on everyone that it has had on me, and that’s okay. It’s a purely personal thing. But I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone and everyone who listens to it that there’s something different about this work for me. I really hope that everyone is ready to come on this journey with me and experience something new with me.”

ON IF HE CONSIDERS HIMSELF A SOCIAL JUSTICE ARTIST:

“You know, I don’t know how to answer that for sure because that term carries such a negative connotation and I don’t think that it really should. I don’t think that there’s anything wrong with standing for something and using your voice to make a difference, but there’s been something dirty and something negative created from it. I don’t really consider myself to be a blind liberal puppet like some people would have you believe, I just believe in defending people and standing up for what’s right in the world and I just can’t see anything wrong with that.”

ryjapo 3,705

ekd1TPK.jpg

FLORENCE WELCH • BBC RADIO 1 • UK • FREE

hector 31,875

1CFl3qf.png

ARIANA GRANDE CALLS KIIS FM | AUSTRALIA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

On break your heart
Ariana: To me this was one of the hardest songs I could’ve written on the EP because of how raw it is, there was no edition, nothing, I literally went and wrote then recorded the song. I wanted it to be that way because of how the song is, you know, it’s all about how I felt during that time and me wanting to transmit that on the song. It’s so crazy to see it on the EP and it being out, because I never thought it would be on it uhmm.. Because I didn’t want to, it was too personal but my team was like “No Ariana this is really especial, you have to add it” and I wasn’t so sure.. But when the EP was out everyone loved it and it made me feel very happy that my work was being loved like that. Especially a song like this. Thank you so much and please keep streaming it on Encore!! And watch the video on Caltube [laughs] 

On her liability tour
Ariana: I’m having the most fun on this tour, it’s been so incredible. When I tell you I missed it, I really missed it [laughs] mostly because I get to see my fans and also sing with them which always brought me so much joy during the Ariana Grande world tour so I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to go on tour once again but with liability. Right now I’m working on dates with Republic Records and Warner Music to see if we could bring the tour down under. Hopefully we can because it’s been a while since I’ve been in Australia and uhm, I really wanna go there. At the moment I’m only doing a US tour since we got to only get out a few selected dates, which were only made to see if we could get this out and now the real deal is about to come through. Hopefully everything goes according to plan and we can bring it there!

Taking a break mid-era
Ariana: It was much needed, I felt very overwhelmed performing white ferrari everywhere and talking about music that at the time was still very hurtful for me because I’m such an emotional [laughs] I cry for everything so you can imagine in what state of mind I was when this era happened which is why I told Republic I needed to have my own time and do my thing because I didn’t want this to be a full time era like I did with my previous record and they understood. It took me some time to heal, but I think that when you are so committed into a relationship, you don’t fully recover after a break up so you have to take time for yourself and that’s what I did.. Right now, I feel like I don’t care as much [laughs] I’m out there performing and doing my thing again, and it feels so good.

hector 31,875

eM6fTSV.png

ARIANA GRANDE LIVE AT THE VOICE CHINA | ASIA

Spoiler

The show begins and Ariana is introduced by the host, with him being on the stage at The Voice China and say "Tonight we have a surprise for everyone watching. We're having one of the biggest female artists ever, the incredible Ariana Grande everybody!" and everyone would clap, he'd continue "But it's a especial presentation. Right now, she's in the United States in her brand new tour for her EP liability, which is going to hit Asia very soon. Airing directly from the liability tour, welcome Ariana Grande!" and everyone would be clapping and screaming as it cuts to Ariana getting ready to go out and perform on the tour, "Hey everyone! We're about to take the stage for the liability tour, coming very soon to Asia. Hope everyone enjoys it!" and then she'd get on a trap door and the camera goes to the main stage and then fire starts to come out from the edges of the stage and BREAK YOUR HEART is seen on the LED screens and Ariana comes out from the trap door that was on the floor and fog was now covering the entire floor and the intro begins as she'd look into the camera with a very fierce look on her face and starts singing the very first verse of the song as she swings her ponytail behind her shoulders. The whole place would then be tinted with red and Ariana performs the chorus with fire machines blasting and the music video was then displayed on the screens (as a form of promotion, this doesn't happen on the tour) and then Ariana nails the high notes. The dancers would come out and do the choreography around Ariana's circle of fire as she was then joining them for the last bit of the performance tearing up the stage and giving a great show. 

Then the song ends and Ariana looks at the camera and then, she'd walk away and differently starts to play. The whole stage would change as the LED screens would stop projecting the break your heart video and now Ariana would be greeted by more dancers as she was now doing the first verse. One of them would play as her lover, as she would interact with him that way to give the song a story on this performance and he'd be trying to dance with Ariana but she wouldn't want to, showing how hurt she was by his actions. She would step away and meet her female dancers who would "comfort" her and then do the choreography of the song as the camera zooms out and you could see the whole venue and it was completely sold out with screaming fans. Then the performance ends with Ariana going to the platform and this one lifting up slowly and it stops so Ariana does the choreography and the last chorus of the song up there, she poses and the lights would be bright. Everyone was screaming and she'd say "Thank you The Voice China! See you soon!". The host then is seen and he reminds everyone to stream liability and to get it now on iTunes + the songs performed as well and hypes viewers again that Ariana's tour was going to be around Asia soon so they would get ready to see her. 

hector 31,875

Iqxd1UX.png

ARIANA GRANDE ON METROPOLITANA FM | SOUTH AMERICA

Spoiler

Releasing a new single off liability
Ariana: Actually, my team and I were already ready to just let everything there, since I know that my fans were really mad at how things went with the EP and I kinda felt sad most of the times because of that but, you know, I just wanted to give this EP another shot. I loved working on it even though it came from a place of sorrow and sadness, this EP means the world to me since this was the first time I could actually open up and write really, really personal stuff that I never thought I would. That’s why I decided with Republic Records and Warner Music that we should release Differently as the last single off this era. It’s going to be an official single tomorrow which has me so excited! I’m finishing filming the music video too. I’m so excited and I can’t wait. Y’all can still stream it on Encore though! Help a girl out! [Laughs]

The break your heart video + picking it as a single
Ariana: When it came to picking a second single, I saw that many fans loved break your heart and it also was one of the songs that continued like, popping up everywhere because fans would scream at me lyrics when I went somewhere [laughs] or I heard it on the radio once too, so it felt natural to us that after white ferrari a song like break your heart would be perfect. So we started recording the music video basically immediately, I wanted it to be very spontaneous, me and my friends just having fun.. Such a careless but very fun video to shoot! Hannah always gets me so that’s why I wanted her to come back and direct more videos for me. I was very surprised though, to see the visual effects on it because it definitely was something I did not expect [laughs] but it was really cool to see. If you haven’t yet please check it out on Caltube and support it there!

Bringing the liability tour to South America
Ariana: Yeah! I am! It’s so exciting, I’ve been talking about this with various radio stations around the world and I finally get to talk to y’all [laughs] so we’ve been discussing about bringing the liability tour to South America and actually, it was my idea to begin it there in Argentina! [Laughs] But we have no confirmed dates yet, hopefully they are confirmed very soon so I can announce them and go there because I miss going around the world and singing with everyone. Touring is like, my favourite part of being a musician since to me there’s nothing better than hearing a lot of people singing in unison songs that you wrote, it’s such a powerful feeling. I’m going to announce the new dates probably this week in the following days so be sure to check out my Caltube for the tickets.. Soon!

Ronlop 7,743

PZLb8uk.gif

WEEK 8 IS OVER

Charts will be posted super late since CAL Tube went down more than 48 hours ago and I didn't get to touch anything in it. Hopefully issue will be fixed. 

Harry Styles @Hector @Edu @Love So Soft

@Beauty Queen @ryjapo @RebelHeart15 

@Harry_CAL @Eglė @tigerlily13 @Jon. @Alexx

@Hejira @Cosmic  @Kuba @Maria @Bleachella

@8Bit Heart  @Surrealism @Alesus  @Michael. @The Hawaiian Queen