Create A Label: Season 12

hector 31,875

3pveGXx.jpg

@Ronlop please combine this with the OG song on streaming, itunes etc just like the maluma remix

hector 31,875

count as connect post 

also count this as a connect post

again, connect post!

Harry_CAL 5,151

@Ronlop connect post
& CIPY,L? is discounted to 3.99 on iTunes WW and TLT and Cold are discounted as well

Graham-Norton-UK.png

Kelly Visits Graham Norton | UK | Paid

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. She made her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. Despite its modest first showings with its debut, the track went on to be a top ten hit that would sell nearly 3,000,000 copies. “Do You Still Think of Me?” has also become Kelly’s best-selling single ever thus far.

On February 18th, Kelly released the second single from her upcoming album, Broken Heart Jukebox (due for release this Spring). “Lonely”, a collaboration with music superstar Mariah Carey, was surprise-released. Leading up to its release, the song had been teased throughout the past few weeks – most notably when a snippet of it played in the “Do You Still Think of Me?” music video.

To promote the song, Kelly sets out on another worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Today, she stops by the UK’s Graham Norton where she gives an interview and performance of “Lonely”.

Tonight, we have back with us one of our favorite guests! She rose to worldwide fame after winning the first season ever of American Idol and has since gone on to sell over 30 million records in just the past five years alone! Please give it up for the lovely and talented miss Kelly Clarkson! Thank you for being here tonight Kelly. It’s so good to see you again!

Thank you, Graham! You as well!

I must say, Kelly, I really am excited about all this new music lately. You’re really treating us!

That makes me so happy to hear! Yeah, I mean, we’re kind of doing this album release in a traditional way. We’re still pushing streaming and all of that, but we’re rolling it out like we did before then just because I want to really create something special for this album. I feel like things get more attention this way rather than releasing a bunch of promotional singles week to week, you know?

Definitely! That being said, let’s jump right into it. You have this incredible new song now with the amazing Mariah Carey! [Audience cheers]. I know, I know! We love her!

Oh my gosh – me too! I am seriously such a Lamb, like, it’s probably kind of creepy [Laughs]. I grew up listening to her and singing along with her, so the fact we are friends now and have this song together it’s.. just crazy. Not everyone gets to say that they are friends with their idol and inspiration.

She was your inspiration?

Of course! I mean, what singer my age did not look up to her? I still do! She’s just one of the all-time best, in my opinion. Just all around. I have so much love and respect for her. This song was such a dream come true all over again.

That’s right, because you and her have done a song together before.

Yeah! On my album Masquerade we had a song called “Rubies & Emeralds” together. I regret now not pushing for it to be a single, because it’s one of my favorites from that record. We had so much fun writing that song, and I adore her so much, so I wanted her to be a part of this new album in some way.

How did the song itself come about?

Well, we both got together and just brainstormed some different ideas. It actually took us quite a while to write the whole song, like, we were making changes to it up until the last minute possible [Laughs]. We’re both just very much into making sure everything is the best it can be. But, basically we just met and shared some ideas and settled on this lyric I had, which ended up going into the song. That lyric was, “I’d rather be lonely”. The whole song kind of came out of that idea.

Is there a personal experience tied to this song for either of you?

I think just in general, really. It’s not about one specific relationship or person, for me at least. I can’t speak on Mariah’s behalf, of course. A lot of the time, many of my songs are written not just about romantic relationships but friendships, so I think friendships in the past that I had ended also was some inspiration for this song as well.

This single is the second from your upcoming album. How soon can we expect to get that record?
Very soon! I know my fans are tired of me saying that [Laughs]. I have been perfecting it, though, and I want to make sure it is the best record I have put out so far. I get so close to being finished, and then I have a new idea or find a detail I want to tweak. The album will be out in the early Spring, though! We’re already planning a lot for the release, so hopefully that will help the fans find comfort [Laughs].

Tell me why this song was the right choice for the second single.

Well, “Lonely” is really just sort of taking another deeper look into the sound of the record. It’s such a nostalgic sounding and feeling record, really. It takes all the sounds from the 80s and really puts them into the modern landscape of music in a beautiful and tasteful way. Greg Kurstin, who has produced a majority of the album with me, is to credit for a lot of that. He is such an amazing producer and we work so great together. But, in regard to this song specifically, as we know, “Do You Still Think of Me?” was very 80s pop, while “Lonely” showcases the more 80s funk and R&B side of the record. It is all very much still pop and falls under that whole umbrella of a genre, but it delves into other genres and what they sounded like throughout that decade as well.

How long did it take to write “Lonely”?

Oh gosh. It took a while [Laughs]. Mariah and I weren’t in too big of a rush to complete it. We started writing it just before “Do You Still Think of Me?” came out. Both of us have been quite busy lately, so we would just try to pull it out and work on it whenever we would be hanging out. It came together very organically, and it has been one of the most fun songs to write, really.

Outside of music, Kelly, I hear you have quite a few projects in the works.

Oh really?

Yes!

What have you heard? [Smirks]

[Laughs] I hear a lot, darling, but one is that you’re eying acting?

It’s something I have considered, but honestly, there is nothing happening there! I’m so busy with the album, I don’t think I could sign on for a movie right now [Laughs].

What about the rumor I had heard about you coming to TV?

Well.. yes! We’re on TV right now, aren’t we?

[Laughs] Oh Kelly, you know what I mean!
That’s all I’m saying, Graham! [Laughs]

[Laughs] Very well. I suppose the rumors live on another day?

I’ll put it this way – we have a lot we’re planning right now! I took a lot of time off, and now that I am back, I have a lot of things I am wanting to do. It’s all very early in planning. I’d hate to announce something that doesn’t end up working out, so for now I’ll just say.. stay tuned!

hector 31,875

Z0mi9PW.png

MALUMA AT ON AIR WITH RYAN SEACREST | USA

Spoiler

On the “differently” remix
Maluma: Yeah! I dropped a remix of Ariana’s “differently”, I wanted to do something for it since the moment I heard it and when I heard that it was released as an official single I decided that this was the right time to work on something and then show it to Ariana. I talked to Max Martin and Social House since they were the ones who produced the track and went to the studio with them to work on it and add my verse of the song without Ariana knowing. I then called her and told her that I wanted to do something, making it as if I already didn’t do anything [laughs] so she was very surprised when I sent her the mastered version of the song in like, 5 minutes after telling her. But yeah, I love the song. Check it out on Encore and stream her EP lability too! It’s on that EP the song.

The success of God Complex
Maluma: So surreal to see the success of God Complex and it still growing after so many time. I can’t believe that it already surpassed over 300 million streams on Encore which is so insane to me considering the song has not been released for a long time. It was released like, yesterday [laughs] when Zayn, Brendon, Kylie and I were working on the song’s lyrics and everything we didn’t expect it to be as huge as it is now, like, it’s even nominated for two GRAMMYs! That’s amazing, right? And I’m very proud of the song. I always say that this is my favorite song from all the ones I’ve done and I’m not lying honestly, that’s just how I feel about it and I think my fans feel that same way too. Maybe we can get this to Diamond! [Laughs] Imagine that? It would be insane. 

His clothing line with Adidas
Maluma: Adidas and I have been trying to work together for a really, really long time man so, being able to finally be doing together and also be doing something like this is so insane to me. I love working with them! The line has been doing so amazingly, like, I’m really perplexed about the immense success that the shoes and the bomber jacket have gotten so far. I’m ready to move and do more stuff with them because this has been such an immense pleasure. You know, I’ve always been really interested in fashion and being able to do something like, well I don’t consider myself a designer [laughs] but yeah, I kinda felt like that when I was doing this. It’s off my bucket list now for sure!

ryjapo 3,705

also @Ronlop, here's Flo's earnings for the last 3 weeks, apparently i haven't posted earnings since Jan 29 oops:

Spoiler

FLORENCE / WEEK 7

Single:

$589,286

Campaigns:

??? - idk if you have a way of checking back on this

---

FLORENCE / WEEK 8

Single:

$482,544

Campaigns:

* again not sure on this

---

FLORENCE / WEEK 9 

Single:

$324,011

Campaigns:

$740,208

---

TOTAL (FOR THREE WEEKS):

Singles - $1,395,841

Campaigns - my guess is it must be around $11m for the last 3 weeks - it had sold over $100m as of 14th Jan charts (I think about $101m), then it sold $6.4m the following week and over the last few weeks its up to $119m but idk if you have weekly tracking data to confirm this.

hector 31,875

WtlZRTb.png

MALUMA PERFORMS AT DANCING WITH THE STARS | USA

Spoiler

PERFORMS GOD COMPLEX & DIFFERENTLY WITH ARIANA GRANDE

The show begins and Maluma was announced as a performer, you’d see the hosts of the show holding cardboard of Maluma’s “God Complex” single cover and also “differently”, the remix he made for Ariana Grande. They’d be all smiles and then they’d announce him as the LED screen behind them would be showing a picture of Maluma. “He’s the biggest male artist ever, with over 85 million records sold, 2 GRAMMY awards, five #1 singles, which four have been certified Diamond making him the only artist ever to have that and now, he’s here to perform his record-breaking single ”God Complex” and his new song, “differently” with Ariana Grande. Please welcome to the show, Maluma!”, the show starts and everyone was screaming and cheering for Maluma as you’d see then lights would be flickering on stage as lightning and the sound of a storm was heard as then, you’d see Maluma standing in a platform in the middle of the stage shaped like a mountain and God Complex begins as the whole place was tinted with red. The crowd went crazy as he started singing the first verse of the song with Zayn’s background vocals playing and then you’d see ten dancers coming from the sides of the stage wearing metallic outfits that were very shiny. 

Maluma then is seen coming down from the platform and then an oval LED screen would be seen coming down from the stage’s ceiling and it was playing the official music video with shots of Kylie being shown and also Brendon and Zayn’s. He’d then go to the middle of the stage as the chorus was going to begin and then he’d dance to it as fire machines were seen blasting on the stage and he was doing a very energetic dance routine. He’d be given an electric guitar and does the outro of the song while flickering lights were all over the place and a pyro curtain was seen behind him, but then, he’d continue the solo while walking and having a really sexy look on his face, then he’d be doing the intro of Ariana Grande’s song “differently” and you’d see her coming out to the stage and standing on the platform that Maluma was and he’d end the guitar as then the band would continue playing. Ariana would sing the first verse of the song as Maluma was seen dancing with her entourage of dancers beneath her. Dancers go to where Ariana was and they’d bring her to the middle of the stage where Maluma was. 

They’d do the rest performance there including Maluma’s verse and Ariana doing the chorus one more time skipping the bridge and the outro. Both would hug as the performance ends and the host was seen then reminding everyone to stream both songs on Encore and to purchase them on iTunes.

hector 31,875

n98W7UI.png

MALUMA ON JAMES CORDEN | USA

Spoiler

Working on the differently Remix
Maluma: Well, I love working with Ariana, her voice is so amazing! So, of course, I was going to remix her song... I had so much fun working with her on “Some Kind of Drug” almost three years ago, she was the first big artist who believed in me. That song was my first feature! It’s so crazy. She was so nice and sweet to me so this was like, giving back, you know, I wanted to help her and give this song a push because it’s such a cool song and I’m all here for this Ariana who’s not letting a man determine her future. I’m really glad that she woke up and took her career back, this is the best moment for her and I’ll do everything I can to help her honestly. She’s been too good to me. Malumers, listen up [laughs], head over to Encore and stream the differently remix and also give a listen to the album. 5 songs, on loop! [Laughs]

The God Complex music video
Maluma: Brendon was the one who told me that we should do this music video with Dave Meyers since he worked with him three times already on the Misconceptions era and I was so here for that because he’s such an incredible music video director and honestly? The music videos for the Misconceptions era were amazing and very different from what I did for Maniac so I did think it was a great idea to have that contrast and do something like this with a song, that, well I’ve never done before! [Laughs] This was all new to me and I was kinda worried about this big shift everyone was going to see but this music video having over 400 million views on Caltube is mind-blowing and I’m very grateful for that. We all are, this is such a huge video for the three of us and we appreciate the love. 

Making the decision to work with Brendon and Zayn
Maluma: This was very easy, mostly because when I started doing the song it felt from the beginning that it needed something else and when I sent it to Zayn and Brendon they both agreed and that was the beginning of everything. They came to the studio, Kylie also came too, and we all wrote the song together and it was really cool because it felt like we were all just, vibing, having fun, and doing music because we wanted to make music and nothing else. That‘s the best way of doing music too, once it’s all forced and you ain‘t feeling it, everyone will notice and it’s not going to work. I guess that‘s why “God Complex” was #1 for 5 weeks, people saw and felt we really enjoyed this. Thank you to everyone and stream it on Encore!

hector 31,875

DUgnWFN.png

encore commercial | usa, europe and asia