Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

More unexpected flop: Judas vs. Birthday vs. End Game

Poll   

28 members have voted

1. 1. More unexpected flop: Judas vs. Birthday vs. End Game

• End Game
    • Judas
    • Birthday

16 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Stop with that LL propaganda clap1 

if you read the reviews for Prism, LOTS of them panned Legendary Lovers eve1  so it's understandable why it wasn't really considered as a single at the time nicki4

2 hours ago, fab said:

if you read the reviews for Prism, LOTS of them panned Legendary Lovers eve1  so it's understandable why it wasn't really considered as a single at the time nicki4

It’s also a bad song... today nicki5 

3 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Stop with that LL propaganda clap1 

There is not a single Katy Kat who doesn't think that LL should have been a single. That song had hit written all over it.

I think the only unexpected flop was End Game. Just looking at the trio doing it, it's hard to believe it wasn't a smash dead1

Birthday was a weird decision. While I think the song is catchy, it feels too much like a novelty song and it didn't help that the video was absolutely trash. IMO they should've made it a promo single with that lyric video then pushed WOA or LL 

14 minutes ago, MadLove. said:

For single choices, WoA or International Smile > LL 

Walking on Shit and International Flop over Legendary Hitmakers? nicki5 The delusion continues.

LL was the most obvious choice for a hit. The pre-chorus and chorus were catchy as fuck and the video could have been the best of the era.

end game, then judas, then birthday dead2 

end game wasnt too surprising though because it just sounds like trash. a terrible song with no hit factor. but the sheer force of the 3 names seemed like it would at least hit the top 5, dead2 

judas was obvious the controversy wouldnt let it smash. birthday was DOA

5 hours ago, Madonna said:

There is not a single Katy Kat who doesn't think that LL should have been a single. That song had hit written all over it.

dead1 the lies

5 hours ago, Madonna said:

Literally Katy's best song. nicki5 

dead1 more lies

I actually love Birthday especially it's chorus, but it really shouldn't have been released as an official single. It wasn't that huge of a flop though, it still sold over 1M copies in the US. I guess by Katy standards at the time it was a flop, but lets not be delusional, many of our faves could barely get near that sort of number with a lead single.

2 hours ago, MadLove. said:

For single choices, WoA or International Smile > LL 

International Smile isn't really single material. Walking On Air would've been better as a promo single with remixes. 

6 hours ago, Madonna said:

Agree, LL should've been the 4th single. 

Probably End Game and Judas.  I'm tired to google, so whoever performed worse is the winner.

Birthday is already a 4th single from a very successful album, so I would not even consider it on the same level.

10 hours ago, Merryem said:

end game, then judas, then birthday dead2 

end game wasnt too surprising though because it just sounds like trash. a terrible song with no hit factor. but the sheer force of the 3 names seemed like it would at least hit the top 5, dead2 

judas was obvious the controversy wouldnt let it smash. birthday was DOA

it honestly just baffles me how Beautiful People became a hit but End Game didn't dead2 

15 hours ago, Madonna said:

Literally Katy's best song. nicki5 

Katy's best song? nicki5 

the production from Dr. Luke and Max Martin is very nice and definitely has smash potential, but the lyrics are VERY lazy and lets not even talk about that awkward bridge nicki5

id say birthday..

judas was a flop because radio wasn't going to play a song called judas and back then, pop songs relied HEAVILY on radio play. this song was always going to be dead on arrival, no matter the sound 

end game... it probably wouldve done better if released right after look what you made me do. the abrupt release of ready for it killed the era’s momentum and end game, although cute, wasnt strong enough to revive it. Delicate, on the other hand, was able to somewhat revive the era because its so good

birthday... is a good pop song and the most radio friendly song out of the 3.. and although it had a tragic video and it was released as the 4th single, katy was coming off her biggest hit yet and the song was a typical, good, pop radio friendly song, so id say this was the most unexpected flop shrug1 

End game > Judas > Birthday

Judas was an attempt to create controversy hoping for success Madonna style but it backfired way more than expected.

End game had two huge features and was frontloaded af.

Birthday was somewhat expected to be a hit since the rest of Prism was but it was the 4th single so i didn't expect too much.

None of them should have been a single. End Game and Birthday are the worst songs on their respective album, and Judas, while having one of my personal favorite Gaga videos, just wasn’t a great decision. orangu1 

56 minutes ago, Hylia said:

None of them should have been a single. End Game and Birthday are the worst songs on their respective album, and Judas, while having one of my personal favorite Gaga videos, just wasn’t a great decision. orangu1 

Tealia back on it clap3tea1 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.