Create A Label: Season 13

TRL-US

TRL (US) - TV Promo

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 3 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice' and how 'Haywire' looks like it's shaping up to be Tinashe's biggest and most acclaimed record of her career.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the US to promote her new project with her most recent appearance being on TRL. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On her favourite 'Haywire' lyric

Mhm, something that I wrote... Off the top of my head, I'd say "Give me the ring before your heart that's how our love story starts, as long as we play our parts you say we'll never be apart" which is track 2 on 'Haywire' entitled 'Crown Me'. This song has truly become a fan favorite, it's really one of the most mentioned non-single tracks of the album which came as a surprise to me because it wasn't my favorite when I was working on the album.

On her influences for 'Haywire'

Growing up, I listened to a lot of R&B like Janet Jackson but I also love Hip-Hop, and then as well I listen to a lot of pop music so I think it's cool to have a lot of different musical influences and then to be able to pick the things I like about each one of those genres and have a sound that is a mix of all of these. Therefore yeah, I do think my musical taste influences my music and this album in particular.

Tinashe then performed 'Roll The Dice' and 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande on the show.

You can buy Tinashe's third studio album 'Haywire' right now on iTunes and stream it on Encore.

the-new-york-times-US-press

The New York Times (US) - Press

Spoiler

The moment that has been said to come is finally here after a long time of promotion and anticipation, in fact, Tinashe is indeed back to the music scene with a new project entitled 'Haywire' which dropped earlier this month marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe'. Moving on with her third studio album, Tinashe first announced the album when she unveiled her new single 'Roll The Dice' as the lead single of 'Haywire'. The song went to reach #2 during Haywire release week becoming Tinashe first top 2 hit.

Despite Tinashe's hiatus last year, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. Needless to say that the hype around Tinashe began to grow back when she released 'Roll The Dice' and promoted it all over the world with countless appearances and performances. Tinashe hasn't stopped proving herself and 'Haywire' is a testament to that although the singer is aware that she still has a lot to accomplish to be even greater, nonetheless to say that her stamina and work ethic is unmatchable.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the US to promote her new project with her most recent interview being with The New York Times. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On the inspiration behind 'Haywire'

I wanted it to come from a genuine place of inspiration, if that’s even possible because obviously inspiration is based on your life experiences and the things you go through so yeah, there are several songs about breakups for example but they all come in different forms if that makes sense because I can talk about feeling lonely but also feeling unapologetic about a relationship that went wrong. But I do speak up about other topics such as anxiety and falling into depression in songs like "Mind Game".

On writing songs for other artists

I've got so many songs now that I don't want that I would not be opposed to giving to other artists. Though during the past year, I was so focused on this album that the thought of writing music for other artists never even crossed my mind. All the songs I wrote over the course of the last few years were initially intended for me but who knows what I end up doing with them.

You can purchase Tinashe's single 'Roll The Dice' as long as her latest one 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande. While you're at it, you can also buy and listen to 'Haywire' which is available on all platforms.

bbc-news-us-press

BBC News (UK) - Press

Spoiler

The moment that has been said to come is finally here after a long time of promotion and anticipation, in fact, Tinashe is indeed back to the music scene with a new project entitled 'Haywire' which dropped earlier this month marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe'. Moving on with her third studio album, Tinashe first announced the album when she unveiled her new single 'Roll The Dice' as the lead single of 'Haywire'. The song went to reach #2 during Haywire release week becoming Tinashe first top 2 hit.

Despite Tinashe's hiatus last year, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. Needless to say that the hype around Tinashe began to grow back when she released 'Roll The Dice' and promoted it all over the world with countless appearances and performances. Tinashe hasn't stopped proving herself and 'Haywire' is a testament to that although the singer is aware that she still has a lot to accomplish to be even greater, nonetheless to say that her stamina and work ethic is unmatchable.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the UK to promote her new project with her most recent interview being with BBC News. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On the accolades she's received

Every time you achieve something, you want to go after what's next. You know, you want more, bigger and better. But behind everything, there's a lot of work to make it where you want to be so I'm definitely just living day by day and waiting to see where this journey takes me. I wasn't even expecting to achieve all of these milestones at this point in my career, and I didn't try to chase it. It just happened and I think everything will happen at its own pace, I'm not forcing anything and just letting destiny take me where I'm supposed to be.

On wanting to tour

I perform a lot on talk shows and all but I never got to actually headline an entire show for my fans which is weird that it hasn't happened yet even though a lot of them come to see me when I'm performing in a particular events or on TV so some of them had the occasion to see me perform live. It would be great to eventually go on tour because there's a certain familiarity with the audience that I'd probably feel on tour and that I don't feel in my current performances.

You can purchase Tinashe's single 'Roll The Dice' as long as her latest one 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande. While you're at it, you can also buy and listen to 'Haywire' which is available on all platforms.

independent-UK-press

Independent (UK) - Press

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 3 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice' and how 'Haywire' looks like it's shaping up to be Tinashe's biggest and most acclaimed record of her career.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the UK to promote her new project with her most recent interview being with Independent. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On 'Haywire' going 2x platinum

I think that for an artist whose ambition is to get their music heard by as many people as possible, it's definitely the best recognition you could ever ask for. When you see stats like these, you just go like 'wow, this is so crazy. I don’t really know I feel about it'. But really, 2x platinum in like two weeks? That's  crazy as hell, I wouldn't even think to sell that much in such a short amount of time. It wasn't something that I had in mind like a goal or something.

On incorporating dancing into her art

I’ve always idolized a lot of performers who could put on great live shows, whether it was Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson or Britney Spears. They were all artists who were really putting on great performances and they all incorporated dance into their live performances which is something that inspired me a lot. It’s another way to express myself and it's a form of art that I can blend into my craft. At this point I think that even when I'm old, I'll still be dancing. It won't stop me. [laughs]

PW4XxTn.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On the Encore Enhanced Playlist

I feel really lucky that I got to work with Encore to develop this little extra for their service! It’s honestly the best way to listen to the album. I knew I wanted some place where I could put all these little details about the album. Most artists go around talking about their album, which I think is a great thing for fans but it becomes a bit messy I suppose? Like, different bits of information are spread across all these interviews and I didn’t want that. I just love that it’s all there in one place while you listen, you know? I don’t know if it’s going to become a popular thing but i’d love to see other artists experiment with it! I can’t recommend it enough. [Laughs]

On launching the BOSE x Quiet Moment Campaign

It’s so exciting! Originally, we were going to launch the campaign along with the single but decided we wanted to have the single out first and give it a bit of time itself. Of course, that meant we got to launch the campaign at the Super Bowl this week which was HUGE and just perfect honestly. I couldn’t think of a more perfect event, especially with Lorde’s incredible performance! Me and Ariana have been working on this with BOSE for quite a while now, so it’s exciting to finally get it out there. Make sure to pick up your pair of Quiet Moment Headphones!! [Laughs]

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA

qCN80g6.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On Quiet Moment

Quiet Moment has to be one of my favourite songs on the record, I have to say. Honestly all of them are but there’s just something about this one! It’s just very anthemic to me and something that really resonates with me constantly. It’s this idea of drowning out the world around you and having a moment for yourself that has been so important to me. I’m just really proud of this one and the fact that it’s my first #1 single is huge to me. It represents a very important part of my life, so to have such a position in my career feels very fitting. Hopefully everyone will keep enjoying it and keep streaming it on Encore!

On the BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones

I’m honestly in love with everything we’ve done with this product. The whole song is about like I say, drowning out the world around you and I think headphones are the best way of doing that. It’s so easy to throw a pair on and just forgot everything around you so, when the chance to develop some limited edition noise cancelling headphones with BOSE, me and Ariana jumped at the chance. I’m glad we did, if only because I wear them all the time and now have a new pair of headphones! [Laughs] But seriously, make sure you pick some up if you haven’t already!

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH JAMES CORDEN

uqI00pi.png

Spoiler

On streaming success

The support Quiet Moment and the album as a whole has received on Encore is absolutely insane. I mean, Don’t Need You wasn’t a huge streaming track when it came out and it just had it’s biggest week of streaming ever! [Laughs] Seriously though, I can never wrap my head around some of the massive numbers my team send me. Last I heard, the album had something like 400m streams in total which is just insane. So thank you for all the support, and make sure you keep streaming on Encore! [Laughs]

On the BOSE x Quiet Moment Campaign

We have lots of stuff planned actually! Of course, a lot of the details and stuff are still being sorted out so I can’t go into specifics but I promise we’ll be doing lots of fun stuff over the next month or so. It’s really great working with a massive name like BOSE, since it gives us the possibility of doing so much more to promote the headphones. I don’t know how we’re going to top a Super Bowl Commercial launch but I promise we will try! For now, just make sure to pick up your pair of headphones today. [Winks]

SABRINA ON JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
PM1.jpg
PM2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has finally unleashed his third studio album Shawn Mendes on the world and it couldn’t feel like a more monumental moment in his career. The album comes fresh off the heels of his biggest critical success to date, The Miami Experiment. and he’s riding high on the momentum gained from that realase. The album has been fronted by one of Shawn’s biggest successes to date, A Question of Time. The single broke several personal records for Shawn and continues to gain traction the longer his promotional tour continues. The album debuted with the second largest opening week for a male artist in history and Shawn’s career could not be looking better. To discuss and promote the music , Shawn has mounted an extensive promotional campaign around the world.

ON WINDING DOWN A QUESTION OF TIME’S PROMO TOUR:

“Though it feels like we just got going, it’s been almost two months since the song came out and that’s a long time to stay committed to a single. I love the song and I’ve loved travelling all over the world to perform the song and talk about it, but everything reaches a natural stopping point. I just don’t see anything that I can realistically still do with the song, you know? I think I’ve reached the end of the road for it. It’s had a tremendous run as well. I mean it hasn’t left the top 10 since it’s release, it’s sold over 4 million copies, it went #1…what more can i ask for? The song did everything that it was supposed to do, proved all of the points that I wanted it to prove. It became successful in spite of the hurdles that were put up in front of it and I take a great deal of satisfaction in that. I think that even taking away the success of the song, it proved that my judgement is sound and that I’m capable of making the correct decisions when it comes to how I release things and that means a lot to me. It was the song that allowed me to take that next step as an artist in control of their vision and for that, I’m endeared to this song in a way that I may not have been to other songs and indeed my other singles.”

ON LORDE’S HALFTIME SHOW:

“My band and I had a break from tour rehearsal and watched it live and we were so amazed by it. How could you not be? There’s a reason that it’s been dominating the world conversation since it happened. It was an incredibly special moment for not just Lorde fans but for music fans. This has been such a mythical thing that we’ve heard so much about and to be able to live up to the expectations that we’d all set in our minds was a near impossible task that she seemed to take on with ease. It’s impossible to not be in awe of how well constructed it was visually and especially musically. Lorde’s one of those artists who leaves behind a huge wake whenever she steps off stage and for awhile all of us have to find a way out of it. You get so eclipsed by her and that’s the magic of her as a performer. The NFL knew what they were doing when they picked her and she absolutely rose to meet the challenge. I’m excited for her era to properly roll out and of course I’m ready to hear Scarlet.”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
EW1.jpg
EW1-2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has finally unleashed his third studio album Shawn Mendes on the world and it couldn’t feel like a more monumental moment in his career. The album comes fresh off the heels of his biggest critical success to date, The Miami Experiment. and he’s riding high on the momentum gained from that realase. The album has been fronted by one of Shawn’s biggest successes to date, A Question of Time. The single broke several personal records for Shawn and continues to gain traction the longer his promotional tour continues. The album debuted with the second largest opening week for a male artist in history and Shawn’s career could not be looking better. To discuss and promote the music , Shawn has mounted an extensive promotional campaign around the world.

ON THE CRITICAL RECEPTION TO THE ALBUM:

“Well everybody knows that I’ve got a pretty complicated relationship with critics. It isn’t volitile in any way, but they’ve never really been Mendies until fairly recently. I wasn’t really all that nervous for the reception of The Miami Experiment but I was genuinely nervous for the critical reaction to this project and I’m not entirely sure why. I was concerned that they weren’t going to take it seriously or really take the time to get down and personal with the intentions of the album and thankfully save for one review, the critics did take the time. There’s one review that really didn’t seem to be paying attention to what I was talking about and honestly it sounded like they just wanted dance beats or nothing. But in general, the songs were all taken in and it’s clear most of critics really did their homework so to speak. Overall, I was happy. It’s such a huge stride forward from where I was in the start of my career and I’m glad that my growth is being recognized. For a long while it just felt like I was routinely hitting a wall and that even if I felt I was making growth, it didn’t get noticed. That’s incredibly frustrating as an artist, and I had to find creative ways to make myself not care. But good things come those who wait and that’s not a concern of mine anymore.”

ON WORKING WITH OTHER ARTISTS:

“Recently I’ve been in contact with some other artists and have been in the studio with them. Not in all cases singing, sometimes I was just writing, but I’ve been working with some other people. Once the album came out and I released all of that pre-album tension I wanted to dive back in and get the creative process underway again. Naturally it isn’t time for me to be working on my own stuff. I don’t have it in me to make another album right now. But I was very interested in getting in with some other artists and contributing to their upcoming projects. That’s something I’ve not really gotten to do too much of in the past and I was excited to get that chance again. I’m of course not going to name names about who I was working with but if everything goes to plan then everyone will know very soon.”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
AV1.jpg
AV2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

ON THE SUBJECT OF A QUESTION OF TIME’S CONTINUED RELEVANCY:

“The subject matter of A Question of Time is something that’s unfortunately always going to be relevant. The industry is never going to change. It’s way too into it’s habits and breaking the cycle is something that’s going to take a massive effort and the desire of a ton of people to want change to come. And that won’t happen. The thing about this business is that you’ve got to keep attention on yourself because your spotlight has a time limit on it. That’s why you see artists out here doing all sorts of wild things outside of their music to get attention. The publicity stunt sort of thing. And it’s unfortunate that so many artists feel the need to do it. That’s not a slight on them though because chances are they don’t really want to, but this industry is so cut throat that if they don’t, they’ll get swallowed alive. And that’s not to mention the fact that audiences are always looking for a mess. It seems that unless you’re clowning, then they don’t want to look at you. It’s a vicious cycle of wanting attention and then being beaten down by the attention once you get it. That doesn’t really change the fact that fame is a privilege. It’s an sbolute privilege that opens a lot of doors that other people don’t get. But that doesn’t mean that it’s this perfect, fairy tale thing all the time. In fact most of the time, it’s the opposite of a fairy tale.”

ON SELECTING OPENING ACTS FOR HIS TOUR:

“That process has indeed begun and I’ve got my attention on two people in particular. One of them is really game for it and there’s no resistance that we’re looking at in getting them involved in the tour. The other person is totally game and really wants to do it but we’re facing a lot of resistance from corps on it. And I get it to a point. It’s always a risk to open for somebody because you have to put some stuff on hold in order to do it. However there’s a lot of benefits to being an opening act and I’ve experienced those things first hand. It really helps you establish credibility on stage and with audiences so when you go around to your own tour, then people know that they can trust you. I really hope that we get something worked out because I’d really love to take them out with me but we’ll just have to see.”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
SPUT1.jpg
SPUT2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

ON RECORDING LIVE RATHER THAN IN SEGMENTS:

“Back in the day, the most common way of recording a song would be for the singer and the band to be in the same room and playing the song from start to finish as many times as they needed to in order to get the take that they needed. As the recording process evolved over time, that became less and less common. It moved toward doing each instrument or a cluster of instruments at one point, often doing little bits and pieces of the song instead of the whole thing, and then the vocals would be done in little incriments way away from when the music track was laid down and then everything would be combined together in the end. I did the first album that way and I absolutely hated every minute of it. Beginning with Human I started to record live. The band and I are in the same studio and we’re playing the song together and I’m singing right there through from beginning to end like we’re playing a concert. With this album that became a little more complicated because of the digial elements of some songs but we made it work. The only pieces of the songs not done that way were the strings of the album which were recorded seperately and layered into the songs where they were needed. Since some of the beats are electronic, we got my drummer Austin an electronic drum kit, we programmed a lot of things into my keyboard player Alex’s keyboard. We got inventive and made it work.”

ON THE SHAKIRA SITUATION:

“That was…I honestly don’t know what to say. It was in horrendously bad taste, especially when you consider the fact that she said what she said to a woman who was directly impacted by the attacks that Shakira so openly and unashamedly joked about. I usually try and bite my tongue when something comes up that doesn’t directly involve me but I just couldn’t keep quiet on this one. It was just a really, really bad thing to say and for no real reason. And then the attempt to shake it off with that whole tea thing? It’s not hard to say sorry, just admit you made a bad choice and go on with life. I don’t wanna drag anything out but I hope she does the adult thing and apologizes to Ariana.”