Create A Label: Season 13

s7hRmgT.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On doing a music video for Quiet Moment

I always knew I wanted to do a video for Quiet Moment and it was a major reason I wanted it to be a single. Not that we couldn’t if it wasn’t but it made more sense to me! The video isn’t overly complex or anything but I think that’s the beauty of it. I just loved the idea of playing around with colour which was the main focus for me. Make sure you check it out on CALTube and you may as well stream it on Encore while you’re there! [Winks]

On releasing a headphone line

It wasn’t a pre-planned thing honestly. I hadn’t been sitting thinking for months that I wanted to make a headphone line and figured out a way to make things work, it came a bit more naturally than that. I don’t think we would’ve done this if it wasn’t for the whole idea of drowning out the world around you that the song represents, you know? That really inspired me and, when the idea of partnering with BOSE to release this line came up, it just seemed perfect! It honestly turned out way better than I ever could’ve imagined, so be sure to pick up a pair if you haven’t! [Laughs]

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON DELTA RADIO

F0dybpt.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On what’s next for the era

The album literally just came out! [Laughs] Just keep streaming that on Encore for now! In all seriousness, i’m not entirely sure. From here on out, I think we’ll be taking it as it comes for the most part. Like, I don’t want to just abandon it now that it’s out or anything! There’s still plenty to do with it that i’m really excited for. Maybe another single or two, who knows! I want to make the most of every moment I have with this campaign. I’m never going to relive my first ever era, so it’s important to me to take in every second of it.

On future plans

I mean like I say, there’s still a lot I want to do with this era. I wasn’t even thinking I was going to have some complete era when I started out, so i’ve been winging it a little bit honestly but I think it’s gone alright! I totally want to give it a big send off though but after that... not a clue! I’ve been writing here and there but not in a “this is going on my next project” type of way which is honestly very freeing. Right now i’m just going to focus on the here and now but i’ll keep you all updated! [Laughs]

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON R101 DIRETTA

u4gpide.png

Spoiler

On what’s she expected from the album

Honestly not a lot! I was never the one expecting a whole lot from it though. Of course i’m very thankful for all the support and it’s nice to see your work doing well but I try not to dwell on it too much I guess? I let other people worry about all that! [Laughs] It was intense though honestly. Don’t Need You was doing well but then when the title track started to blow up, the expectations for the album went up week by week and it was stressful! Despite that, the first week went far better than anyone on my team expected and i’m just so thankful for all the support.

On the next single

I don’t have my mind made up on this like... at all! It’s nice to see which tracks people are enjoying now though. My collabs with Katy & Mariah were two of the most consumed tracks and they’d be really fun to promote! In terms of solo songs, Running Away was up there which was one of my first picks so that’s a good sign. I know Take Me Away was another really well received track and I absolutely adore it but i’m not sure if I want to release it as a single yet. For now just keep streaming Quiet Moment on Encore! [Laughs] That’s the one we’ll be sticking with for a while so hopefully you like it!

SABRINA ON LATE MOTIV

SHAKIRA ARRESTED IN CONNECTION
WITH THE ALL NIGHT LONG CULT

Is All Night Long 4 Upon Us? Shakira Arrested by FBI, Under Investigation.

Shakira-Son-mari-Gerard-Pique%CC%81-arre

After Fergie released her now infamous single, All Night Long, back in 2016, the song has left a trail of terror and dead bodies wherever it went. In the video, now removed from all official streaming services save for some gore websites, it's a typical pop video until Fergie shoots and kills people in a club. At the time, nobody gave it much thought. In fact, nobody was actually harmed at the video shoot. But it planted the seed for a dangerous cult that would wreak havoc and destruction upon Hollywood's elite in the years to come.

Flashforward to August 16, 2017. A day that would come to live in infamy. At Madonna's birthday party, Fergie and Ali Ali opened fire upon the guests, killing several and injuring some of Hollywood's biggest stars. Fergie and Ali Ali were immediately apprehended, and along with an All Night Long II video that was released, in where both Ali Ali and Fergie penetrated themselves with scissors, rubbed blood all over themselves, and swore allegiance to the cult of All Night Long.

From there, the cult's actions were all merely public speculation. From time to time, posts would pop up online, all eventually deemed non-threats by the FBI. However, nobody could have predicted what was coming. 

Nearly a year later, on July 7, 2018, the world was shocked to its core. Fergie and Ali Ali had both been relative newcomers, nobody important in the grand scheme of things. But as Maxence, along with newcomer Demi Lovato, rolled up to the site of Belinda's Hollywood Walk Of Fame ceremony, nobody could have imagined the carnage that would follow. 

It seems that Maxence was indoctrinated at the first event, after interviewing Fergie on the red carpet. Further investigation revealed that after a long winded breakup with superstar Lorde, his descent into madness catapulted him into fully joining the cult of All Night Long. From there, he began planning a large scale attack on Belinda's event. At his Los Angeles home, scribbled all across the wall in blood, ink, and feces, were the plans for the attack. In the end, the star ended up committing suicide at the event, with Lovato running off into the wilderness and eluding authorities to this day. In the plans, several other members of the ANL cult were revealed, but all with psuedonyms, including "Petunia Fuck" (later revealed to be Lovato), "Chromatica," and "Barry," among several others. 

In the days following the event, Zara Larsson was arrested for suspicion of collusion with the cult, due to her latest song, All Night. Further investigation revealed the Norwegian newcomer to have no involvement in the cult, but international tensions were high in the months following the attack. Several raids and arrests were made in suspicion of possible cult activity, but nothing concrete ever turned up.

However, that all changed on Tuesday. 

image0.png

Shakira's now deleted tweet that led to her arrest.

In a now deleted and highly circulated tweet, Shakira replied to an Ariana Grande tweet with the following: "part 2 is coming!!! All night long teas (sic)". What followed was nothing short of a media frenzy. The tweet blew up, some calling out the insensitive joke, others wondering if yet another ANL attack was upon us. In the minutes that followed, several artists expressed their concern and disgust for the tweet, to which Shakira replied with a tea brand owned by Big T NYC. Further investigation by our editors revealed that Shakira has no affiliation or stock in the brand. Later, this tweet was deleted as well.

The FBI did not consider this a laughing matter however. Reports indicate that in a surprise raid, Shakira was removed from her home at 4:38 AM, and taken to a federal holding prison for further questioning. The director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, said in a statement to media, "We have detained the suspect in question, Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, known professionally as Shakira, regarding suspicious terroristic activity in her latest deleted tweets. As both All Night Long cult attacks have been perpetrated by singers in the public eye, we take these threats very seriously, especially by public figures."

For now, Shakira will remain under federal incarceration, until her scheduled court date on August 3rd.