Create A Label: Season 13

iJHz6qN.png

MALUMA GOES TO ON AIR WITH RYAN SEACREST | USA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Brendon and Zayn not being in the movie with him
Maluma: I know right! They’ll finally let me shine alone... [Laughs] I’m joking, I’m joking. I did want them to be in the movie with me, it made sense right!? Like we all three did the song for the movie together so it would’ve made sense. But you know, when it came to it, they didn’t wanna be on it... Brendon told me that it was impossible for him because of a scheduling conflict he had since he’s working on music and as far as I remember Zayn had the same issue but he was working on another film so I went in alone to the Bond casting and I got in! But it’s all cool, I got to share this incredible experience with them anyway, making the song of the official movie with them was incredible and it’s something I’ll always cherish. They were very supportive when I revealed to them I finally got cast and they even went to the set to see me in action! Their love and support mean a lot to me, they are like my closest friends so I’m glad they are here with me for such a pivotal moment in my career. 

If he’s getting ready for the premiere of the movie
Maluma: Oh, yes I am! [Laughs] It’s going to be insane. I’m so getting ready for ti. Man, this is the first time I get to be in a movie, and it being a Bond one! That’s some crazy sh** right there [laughs] so I’m going to go all-in with the premiere. We’re going to have a red carpet opening for everyone to come and see the cast of the film and have a great time. I know a lot of my fans are going to go there so we have a few surprises ready for them and I can’t wait for that. I invited all of my friends to come as well, this is going to be such a cool night. I was talking to Republic Records to see if we could do an after-party for the movie with the fans and the cast, media, everything! So you’re invited Ryan [laughs] you better come to both! [Laughs] But anyway, I’m super hyped for this movie to come out. I loved working on it, it’s really, really good! The action scenes are mind-blowing and my scenes are so kick-ass too... The best part of this is that I could live up to my secret spy fantasy I’ve had since I was a kid. 

Performance of “God Complex” and covers “Die Another Day” by Madonna

After Maluma finished talking with Ryan about the movie, he would then give a performance of his Bond song “God Complex” with an acoustic rendition. With the help of background singers, he would sing both Zayn and Brendon’s verses and showcase his vocals. After the song ends, he’d continue by saying he was going to cover one of his favorite Bond tunes and he began to sing Madonna’s “Die Another Day” with the same arrangement. After the performance came to an end, Ryan would remind everyone to stream God Complex now on Encore and to get it on iTunes.

jOYROzS.png

ARIANA IN JIMMY KIMMEL | USA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW 

On her trial 
Ariana: Today was so surreal man, like you have no idea. I was so scared to go and see what was going to happen because I have lived this already and I didn’t want to do it again, you know, especially for the same thing that happened years ago that I still haven’t recovered yet. I always live on the edge, I was a victim of this ANL cult not once but two times and it does leave a scar in my heart because it’s something I’ll never forget and you know, having Shakira joke about this made me have some triggers that I would rather not discuss right now but yeah... I wasn’t feeling myself this past couple of days which is why I stepped down from the spotlight for a second but I knew that I was going to go through this at some point. I’m glad that it’s over and I’m happy with the outcome. I feel... I guess safe to an extend. 

Her Bosé headphones 
Ariana: Sabrina and I had this crazy idea when we were working on our song, “Quiet Moment”, and it was so damn silly. It was like, “You know what this reminds me of? Noise-canceling headphones. Like we all have our quiet moment with them” [laughs] I know, I know, we’re both dorks but it is what it is! [Laughs] We then stopped for a second and thought about it and we presented the idea to Bosé who loved it of course and we couldn’t believe it [laughs] like, this was such a silly and embarrassing moment between us because the joke wasn’t even funny, at all, [laughs] I might add, but you know it worked and here we are selling these headphones and they are selling out like crazy! It’s so surreal to both of us and we’re very thankful that everyone is enjoying them too. We have thought about every little detail for this so it’s nice to see our fans telling us they love them.  

PERFORMS DIFFERENTLY & QUIET MOMENT

Ariana would get on the stage and perform a medley of “differently” and “quiet moment” but she’d begin with her song “differently” but this time, it would be a remix with it having some parts of “Quiet Moment”. She’d do the first verse, chorus and second verse but before doing the next chorus she’d switch it to the Sabrina collaboration and then sing onwards the rest of the song. This part of the performance would be more upbeat and Ariana would be seen walking around the set and having fun before it comes to an end.

8MQWLv8.png

ARIANA GRANDE GOES TO DANCING WITH THE STARS | USA

Spoiler

PERFORMS QUIET MOMENT, DIFFERENTLY AND LIE TO ME MEDLEY

The show begins and you’d see the host next to the judge's panel and he’d then with a smile on his face announce tonight’s performer. “She’s one of the hottest artists in recent years. With four GRAMMYs, seven #1 hit singles, a Diamond album, two Diamond singles, and many more accolades under her belt, she’s one of the new wave of Pop Princesses. Here to perform a medley of her recent biggest hits, please welcome tot he stage the one and only, the incredible, Ariana Grande!” You’d then see the camera heading towards the middle of the stage as the “differently” intro was heard. The stage was dark, it only had a spotlight on and you could see two dancers from “Dancing with the Stars” being there doing choreography to the beat as then the lights are turned on and you’d see Ariana in front of big LED screens that had her name in bold as everyone was screaming and cheering. The catchy beat kicks in and Ariana was now singing the first verse of the song as more DWTS contestants came out and danced with her. 

She was carried to the middle of the stage where she’d do with them the choreography of the chorus of the song while fire machines were blasting in the back and you’d see the music video being displayed on the screens to promote it as well. As the chorus ends Ariana looks at the camera and then the dancers disappear and she was there singing the last line of the “differently” chorus in acapella as she laughs and the hypnotic intro of “Lie to Me” begun and you’d see now the camera going to the back and the dancers were seen in formation with them dancing seductively to the song as Ariana was singing the first verse and then joining them while positioning herself in the middle of them and dancing all together in one spot. The chorus kicks in and then everyone starts walking around and Ariana was seen on the stairs dancing and looking at the camera seductively. 

As she reaches the top she’d then instantly change the pase to a breakdance with the dancers being around the stairs doing acrobatics. She’d then continue and straight-up sing the chorus of “Quiet Moment” as the screens were showing the music video and Ariana was doing the high energy choreography and everyone was cheering and screaming for Ariana. She’d do her verse and then the chorus once again before ending it with the fire and smoke machines blasting and everyone cheering for the performance. The host would then thank Ariana and the Dancing with the Stars contestants for the show and then remind everyone to check these songs on Encore.

BBC-Breakfast-UK

BBC Breakfast (UK) - TV Promo

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 3 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice' and how 'Haywire' looks like it's shaping up to be Tinashe's biggest and most acclaimed record of her career.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the UK to promote her new project with her most recent appearance being on BBC Breakfast. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On what 'Haywire' is about for her

I have a really incredible fanbase, I have to give them so much credit for me still being in the game because they've always been supporting me during this entire journey through the highs and the lows so shout-out to everybody who supported me. I think during a period of time, especially last year, I had seeds of doubt and I'd overthink a lot on what I wanted to do so I lost that sense of what it's really about. Therefore, this project 'Haywire' for me is about re-connecting with my fans and being honest and raw about the process and how I feel.

On the importance of imagery

I've always loved to bring art and visuals to my music and my projects, that's a huge component to what I do and I think I'm a visual artist. It's important to create this other level and dynamic of story-telling with imagery, so I think it's always fun and exciting to give the fans some sort of experience through visuals, performances, dancing etc. That's also part of what I do besides the music itself.

You can purchase Tinashe's single 'Roll The Dice' as long as her latest one 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande. While you're at it, you can also buy and listen to 'Haywire' which is available on all platforms.

the-telegraph-UK

The Telegraph (UK) - Press

Spoiler

The moment that has been said to come is finally here after a long time of promotion and anticipation, in fact, Tinashe is indeed back to the music scene with a new project entitled 'Haywire' which dropped earlier this month marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe'. Moving on with her third studio album, Tinashe first announced the album when she unveiled her new single 'Roll The Dice' as the lead single of 'Haywire'. The song went to reach #2 during Haywire release week becoming Tinashe first top 2 hit.

Despite Tinashe's hiatus last year, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. Needless to say that the hype around Tinashe began to grow back when she released 'Roll The Dice' and promoted it all over the world with countless appearances and performances. Tinashe hasn't stopped proving herself and 'Haywire' is a testament to that although the singer is aware that she still has a lot to accomplish to be even greater, nonetheless to say that her stamina and work ethic is unmatchable.

It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her first top 2 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice' and her first #1 single 'Lie To Me'. 'Haywire' looks like it's shaping up to be Tinashe's biggest and most acclaimed record of her career.

Tinashe has more recently been interview by The Telegraph. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On preparing a world tour

There's definitely a tour in the works. I'm very excited about it especially because it'd be my first time going on tour on my own. We've been discussing with my team about what the tour is going to look like, about the setlist and what we're going for. As of now, we're actually working on the posters for the tour and there's probably going to be several visions for it, so yeah there'll be different visuals for the tour.

On reflecting on her career

It's been a long journey, I've been working in the industry since I was 4 years old doing movies, commercials, TV etc. But I've always wanted to pursue music, that has always been my biggest passion but I think I was just waiting for the right moment and age to really get signed and build my own platform.  'Rewind' was really the start of it all but honestly I feel like 'Haywire' is doing even more for my career and it's truly becoming a turning point for me. It's crazy to still be able to grow after so long.

You can purchase Tinashe's single 'Roll The Dice' as long as her latest one 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande. While you're at it, you can also buy and listen to 'Haywire' which is available on all platforms.

BBC-Radio-4-UK

BBC Radio 4 (UK) - Radio Promo

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 3 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice' and how 'Haywire' looks like it's shaping up to be Tinashe's biggest and most acclaimed record of her career.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the US to promote her new project with her most recent appearance being on BBC Radio 4. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On giving advice to newcomers

My biggest advice to an artist when they're thinking about signing to a label is to just hold on and take it slow. I think it's really easy and intimidating to go on these big offices and feel pressured to sign so it's important to be smart about how you go about it, what type of contracts do you sign and always remember that you're the captain of your ship. I would definitely tell them to go for it because there's still a lot of benefits about being under a label because I know that I've worked with a lot of producers that I would have probably never worked with if it wasn't for my label, I also had budgets that I didn't have access to before. So yeah, just be sure about it before signing.

On her biggest lesson throughout her career

I think the biggest and most important thing that I've learned is to maintain creative control, a lot of companies want to have a lot of control for a lot of reasons which sometimes involves money and their interests. So I'd say, you gotta have that creative control and make sure that you at least have other people with you in your team that make sure they're supportive of that. It all starts with a positive environment.

(Independent, Iggy Azalea)

Iggy-Azalea-FME-booking-banner-wb.jpg

She's riding solo: "Iggy Azalea" goes independent, announces debut single coming next week

A year after being signed to “Aphrodite Records”, home to Swedish pop singer Zara Larsson, Amethyst Kelly, a.k.a. Iggy Azalea, decides to goes independent. “We had a lot of creative differences as well as I don’t like being managed, so I’d love to make my own decisions, careerwise, but also musical wise” Iggy clarifies. The Australian rapper was a feature on Zara Larssons “Out Of Control”, even though the song was never really released. Iggy explains: “The way they treated me on “Out Of Control” was really different from what I expected. I don’t want to talk too much about it, since that’s all in the past and I wish Zara good luck with everything that she’s going to do.” Iggy realizes going independent is a big risk. She can make her own decisions, but it will be tough. “With a record label behind your back, you know that you always got back up. This feels like a free fall into the deep: I have no idea what is going to happen” Iggy explains giggly “But you know what, I’m a big girl and I can take it like a professional when something goes wrong. I made some friends in the music industry who are going to help me. ” Iggy has been working a lot the past few months on creating music, something that was always a big dream of hers, even when she was a little child back in Australia. “The EP that I was creating while being under Aphrodite Records was so different from what I actually wanted to show to the world” the blonde Australian rapper explains “It was not what I visioned for myself. And that’s okay, but then it’s better to decide to part ways. Now I have created an EP where I stand by, for the full one hundred percent. I am so excited to show you all what I’ve been cooking. It’s a very versatile project.” When being asked if she has any collaborations coming up, Iggy smiles shyly and looks at the interviewer mysteriously. “If I was still under a label, I would ask my manager if I was going to tell you this” she chuckles “But I can tell you that I have been working with Maluma. As I just said, I have made some friends in the music industry behind the scenes and he is a wonderful person. Very talented, so when I reached out to him for a collaboration, he luckily said “yes”. He’s also the first person that heard the EP in full, so that’s how our connection is at this point.” When being asked about her future plans, Iggy shrugs and shakes her head. “My debut single is coming next week, which I will announce on Twitter tomorrow. And after that, I will tour through the USA for some promotion. I will release my EP this year and after that, I want to tour and also start working on my debut album. But those are just future plans. First, I am going to enjoy my time as a free artist and create the music I have always wanted to create.”

Keep an eye out on Twitter for Iggy Azalea’s lead single announcement tomorrow.

Spoiler

2wRBCxR.png

ARIANA GRANDE ON THE VIEW | USA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Working with Tinashe on “Lie to Me”
Ariana: Tinashe’s such a sweetheart and I really, really loved working with her. The energy she exudes in the studio is ut of this world and she’s so, so, so talented. I remember I got the memo to work with Tinashe a few weeks before her album dropped and I was like, sure, why not! I love her, so it made sense that we would work together at some point [laughs] because trust and believe I already thought about that. So I went to the studio and we finally had the chance to sit down and you know, just talk like crazy before doing something and I loved that she was like, happy that I did this because we both think that there’s nothing better than having a collaboration with someone you like and trust. The rest is history! We did this amazing song called “Lie to Me” and we’re both really flattered by the reception, this was my first #1 debut which is so damn crazy [laughs] I feel blessed! Thank you to everyone who was a part of making this happen.

If she’s working on her brand new album
Ariana: Yeah I sure am. I started playing around in the studio not too long ago because I wanted to get going with my music and give something new to my fans. These collaborations I’ve done were for them so they wouldn’t be like “girl we’re tired of liability, give us something new!” again because it has happened a lot of times [laughs] and it’s always so funny to see that kind of tweets around twitter, it just makes me laugh. I remember I read one that said something about me releasing another differently remix instead of new music and I couldn’t stop laughing because looking back... It’s so true [laughs] but that’s the kind of relationship I have with my fans and I love it, it’s a real bond between us. But yeah, I am working on something and hopefully, it comes out soon. 

PERFORMS DIFFERENTLY & LIE TO ME

After the interview, the hosts would announce that Ariana was going to do a performance of her two new hit singles “differently” and also, “lie to me”. She’d begin with “differently” as it had a more upbeat sound and Ariana was seen playing around the stage, having fun with her dancers, while she was doing the choreography of the song and then she’d stop as “lie to me” begin and the mood would become sexier and Ariana would slay the choreography. The performance ends and the hosts remind everyone to stream the songs.