Create A Label: Season 13

Iggy Azalea announces debut single "Cazador" featuring Maluma on Twitter

@hector

(United States of America, North America)
Iggy Azalea goes to Jimmy Kimmel live!

Iggy-Azalea-FME-booking-banner-wb.jpg

Amethyst Kelly, better known as Australian rapper “Iggy Azalea”, thought she had it all when she moved from Sydney, Australia when she was only age 16. Little did she know that the road ahead of her would be rockier then ever. After being signed to Aphrodite Records, home to Swedish pop singer Zara Larsson (known from the “All Night” catastrophe), there were many differences between the label and her. In July 2020, they decided to part ways and Iggy Azalea is finally able to show the world who she really is and what she stands for.

Interview
Going independent
Iggy:
“I knew that going independent was a big risk. When you are signed to a record label, you always have someone to help you, either musically, as well as financially. Now I have to pay everything myself, but honestly, that feels great. It means that I have control in everything I decide: I can work with whomever I want, I have free control over the music videos I want to create and so on. It comes with a great responsibility though, a responsibility that I acknowledge and that I take very seriously. If I take one misstep, it could all crumble down. But I’m positive and motivated and as long as you have one person believing in you, you can do anything.”

Working with Maluma
Iggy:
“Working with Maluma was a delight. He has been such a mentor to me. When he heard “Cazador”, he was like: “I want to be on his track!” and wrote his verse. It all came so naturally and I believe that’s important when two artists work together. It should not feel forced, because if it does, you can hear it in the music. Quality is very important to me and I feel like we both worked very hard on this single. I am excited that he is featured on my debut single and it feels so good to be finally able to release it.”

Her debut single “Cazador”
Iggy:
“’Cazador’ is a very Latin American inspired track. I have worked with two producers that are very popular in Latin American music, Edgar Barrera and José Correa. They inspired me to use some Spanish words in the song. At first, I was very scared to do it, because of what other people would think of it. I am Australian and not Latin American, but they encouraged me to do it anyway. It’s not a Spanglish song – I am working on a Spanglish song for my upcoming EP, but there are some Latin American vibes into the song. The song is also very seductive and I felt so sexy when I wrote the lyrics. The lyrics almost came naturally and that’s why I knew this had to be my debut single, also serving as the lead single from my upcoming EP. I am very excited for everyone to finally hear it. Sometimes I go to bed and imagine what it would be like if it was already August 14th. We have planned several performances to perform the song as much as possible. I am so enthusiastic about it all and I can’t wait for the single to be released.”

After the interview, a 30 second snippet of “Cazador” is being played and the hosts of the show thank Iggy Azalea for coming out. Iggy leaves the stage, while waving to the audience.

Iggy Azalea goes to The Late Late Show with James Corden

Amethyst Kelly, better known as Australian rapper “Iggy Azalea”, thought she had it all when she moved from Sydney, Australia when she was only age 16. Little did she know that the road ahead of her would be rockier then ever. After being signed to Aphrodite Records, home to Swedish pop singer Zara Larsson (known from the “All Night” catastrophe), there were many differences between the label and her. In July 2020, they decided to part ways and Iggy Azalea is finally able to show the world who she really is and what she stands for.

Interview
Iggy:
“My debut single is called “Cazador” and is a very Latin American inspired track. You will notice that not only the melody and the beat of the song is inspired by this genre, but that I also say a few words in Spanish. My dream for this song is to record it in Spanglish or in full Spanish. But that’s something for the future, it needs to be released first. The track features super star Maluma. Working him was amazing. I played the song for him and he was like, “I like this track, I want to be on this track” and his verse was finished so quickly. Our vibe together was so amazing during the whole process and that’s why I am so proud of this song. The production is totally different from the rest of the EP, so this is not going to be the route I’ll be walking during the whole era, but it’s a nice introduction of me to all of y’all.”

Her debut EP
Iggy:
“I started working on my EP as soon as Aphrodite Records and I splitted up. Technically, it wasn’t that long ago that I started working on it, I think it might have been a month and a half ago. But all this time, I wasn’t able to create the music I wanted to create, so I felt so uninspired that all the ideas came by themselves. I had some lucky charms around me, because producers were available on a very short note and that’s something I am so thankful for. The EP itself is very versatile, because I want to show different sides of myself. “Cazador”, for example, is my sexy, seductive and sensual side. But you’ll see a more emotional side of me on the album as well. I have an self empowering anthem, but an anthem for my listeners as well. So yeah, it’s very versatile. That’s the best way to describe the EP. It’s not completely finished yet, I have 5 songs ready now, including “Cazador” and I’m have two more tricks up my sleeve that should finish the EP.”

Splitting with Aphrodite Records
Iggy:
“Some people might expect that I will open some trash can and throw a lot of dirt on Aphrodite Records, but that is simply something I will not do. Everything that happened in the past is done now and can’t be reversed. “Aphrodite Records” wished me well, even sent me a postcard to wish me good luck with my independence, so everything between us is alright. Even though there were a lot of bad times behind closed doors, I also have learned a lot from that era. I learned to stand up for myself and to stand behind what I believe in. I even got great contact with Zara Larsson, who wishes me luck and I wish the same thing to her. She’s an incredible artist.”

After the interview, the hosts thank Iggy Azalea for her appearance and Iggy walks off stage, waving to the audience.

Iggy Azalea calls in with MTV News

Interview
About going independent
Iggy:
“When I was signed to a record label, I felt so excited about being signed that I was looking with a tunnel vision. I could only see the good things for me and my music. The realization that some things wouldn’t be that beneficial for me was when they tried to control everything about me. What I was wearing, what I was eating, what route I should take with my extended play. And that was something I didn’t feel comfortable with, so that’s why I chose to be independent. There are a lot of benefits about being independent. I can create my own schedule and work around that, I can make my own choices and decide whom I’d like to work with. Don’t get me wrong, being signed to a record label is amazing and I respect everyone that works for a record label. Just because it isn’t something for me, doesn’t mean it can be good for anyone else.”

Iggy:
“My debut single is called “Cazador” and features the amazing Maluma. The track is very Latin American inspired and is produced by two Latin American producers as well. The vibe is sexy, seductive and sensual and I wanted to show the girl in me that wants to be seduced. What is more attractive than a person that wants to hunts you down, gives the full one hundred percent to be with you? I wanted to be hunted down by someone, haha. Maluma’s verse is amazing as well. He worked very hard on it and working with him in general was fantastic as well. We vibed on so many levels and everything was just relaxed and laid back. He did a fantastic job writing his verse and I can’t wait until it’s out so you can all hear it.”

Her debut performance on live television
Iggy:
“I have started rehearsing for my debut performance on live television, yes. I am a little bit nervous and twitchy about the performance, because this will be my first time I will be performing on live television. There is a choreography in the song that I needed to learn very quickly and that makes me a bit anxious to do all at the same time. But at the same time I feel very thrilled about this performance, because I finally get to perform the music I love for all the people that like to listen. The performance will be amazing – you will just have to wait and see.”

After the call, MTV plays a 30 second snippet of Iggy’s debut single “Cazador” featuring Maluma.

Iggy Azalea goes to Watch What Happens Live

Iggy-Azalea-WWHL.jpg?ssl=1

Interview
Working on new music
Iggy:
“Technically, I never introduced myself to the music industry when I was signed under Aphrodite Records. I was featured on Zara Larsson’s lead single “Out of Control” for her “ZARA” EP, but that never got properly released, so I was never able to show the world who I am and what I am made of and what I have to share with the world. This music I have been working on is very personal as fun as well. I think music can either be serious but also be very playful. With this extended play I was creating, I challenged myself to try out different things. I tried out Latin American music, I tried out a ballad, I did empowering anthems and all with a rap undertone. It has been fun to try out these styles, because that’s how I am figuring out what style I like and what style I don’t.”

Future aspirations for her career
Iggy:
“At some point, I want to do the things all the musicians want to do. I want to travel the world, tour to see my future fans and perform my music in front of them and do some meeting with them. I also want to release an album at some point in my career, but first, I have to finish my extended play and maybe I will release an extended play after that as well before I release my first album. But that’s all for the future, I’m focusing on the “right here and right now” at the moment and right now, my debut single release and my debut extended play release are the things that has my attention.”

Mental health
Iggy:
“I am feeling so much better now that I am independent. When I was signed to a record label, I faced so much stress and pressure, that I was not feeling well and that I was constantly living like a robot. Living to please other people. But in life, it’s important to please other people, but it’s important to please yourself as well. You can’t perform well on your job if you’re not feeling well inside of your head. Now that I am in full control of what I do, I feel so empowered and confident and that’s really a good feeling. I have been doing a lot of shows lately and I love that, I love to talk about my music, but when I feel like this is all too much, I can easily decline. I am my own boss, my own manager, Iggy is in control now.”

Working with Maluma
Iggy:
“The whole process of creating “Cazador” with Maluma was amazing. I am really inspired by his work aesthetic. He works so hard and he’s so driven. When you see people doing what they love, it’s a really great motivation and you want to give the whole one hundred percent yourself. He’s a busy man, so I’m glad that he found some time to work with me. I am really proud of the outcome, when I heard “Cazador” for the first time when it was mixed in it’s full length, I just wanted to dance, because the song made me feel so happy. I can’t believe the release date is only in 2 days. I have been wanting this all my life and now I’m finally going to get it.”

After the interview, the host of the show thank Iggy for stopping by and tells everyone to buy “Cazador” featuring Maluma when it comes out. After Iggy walks off the stage, a 30 second snippet is played.

Iggy Azalea beats Khloe Kardashian at “Lip Synch Battle”, performs Cardi B’s “Liquor & Cok”

tumblr_nsy82xloiV1upcpsoo2_540.gif

After announcing this week that she was going solo, the Australian rapper Amethyst Kelly, better known as “Iggy Azalea”, is going on a big spree of attending American late night shows. She already appeared at four shows to talk with the hosts about her independency, her debut single “Cazador” featuring Maluma, her upcoming extended play and about working on new music. In all these late night shows, we got a lovely taste of Iggy’s sparkling personality and what we can expect of her upcoming work, but we didn’t get a taste of Iggy on the stage yet. That’s not a big surprise – the blonde Australian rapper hasn’t released any music yet and we will have to wait until this Friday before that is actually going to happen. But the singer gave us a small taste on how her stage performance is.

“Lip Synch Battle” is a tv show where two celebrities have a lip synch dead match against each other. The other contestant was none other than Khloe Kardashian, the youngest sibling of the Kardashian triplets. Khloe was the first celebrity to take the stage, making an excellent performance of Tinashe’s and Ariana Grande’s new song, “Lie To Me”. The reality star was able to do both parts at the same time which is very impressive. After that, it was Iggy’s turn to take the stage and she blew us away with a lip synch show of the 2017 single by Cardi B, “Liquors & Cok”. Her attitude was a little cocky, but you can clearly see that she was having fun on stage. The reason why Iggy won over Khloe was that Iggy took bigger risks on stage. Dancing sexy, trying to be seductive what fits the song really well and really try to tell a story, which does the song as well. After that, Iggy does a short talk about her upcoming single “Cazador”, featuring Maluma and leaves the stage with Khloe.

c-vous-france

C à Vous (Europe - France) - TV Promo

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 2 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice', her first #1 single with 'Lie To Me' and how 'Haywire' has been certified 2x platinum in no more than two weeks of release.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in Europe to promote her new project with her most recent appearance being on C à Vous in France. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On picking Ariana to be featured on 'Lie To Me'

It was honestly super natural. That was the person I wanted, literally as soon as I finished the song I was like, "Okay, okay, perfect. I know who to send it to. I know whose voice sounds like it should just go right here." It was super natural because it just really clicked in my head that she would fit perfectly the vibe of the song, and I was right because she did indeed. Also, I think our voices blend together pretty well so it wasn't like an odd sound to mix both of our vocals on the same track, it worked naturally.

On the songwriting process of her music

It really depends on my mood, but a lot of the times I write when I'm on the road before a performance or at home. That's just a very inspiring place to listen to music and therefore to write songs as well, I feel sometimes more comfortable at home rather than in a huge studio surrounded by people. When it comes to song-writing, I usually come up with the hook or a melody and then the verses come after. Sometimes the verses come more easily than other times when I'll have a melody or a few lyrics in mind but I'm unable to write a full song.

Tinashe then performed 'Roll The Dice' and 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande on the show.

You can buy Tinashe's third studio album 'Haywire' right now on iTunes and stream it on Encore.

viva-la-vida-spain

Viva La Vida (Europe - Spain) - TV Promo

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 2 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice', her first #1 single with 'Lie To Me' and how 'Haywire' has been certified 2x platinum in no more than two weeks of release.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in Europe to promote her new project with her most recent appearance being on Viva La Vida. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On getting back into the studio

I've definitely had my time away from the studio after putting out 'Haywire' but I'm trying to get back into it, I don't know when that will happen but I do have some thoughts about what I want to do next. There's still this possibility of me embarking on a world tour so there's no way I'll have time to come up with another project but I've been thinking about it for sure. I have some ideas here and there and I think with my next album, I'll definitely be going full pop.

On the pressure that comes with success

The first time I stepped in the studio to make a song was because I had a song to make and it's what I wanted to do, not because I wanted to absolutely create something that will please the majority. I try to keep in mind that I’m an artist, and I make music because it’s what I love and because it's a form of self-expression for me. That’s how I get through stuff. That doesn't mean that sometimes I don't have moments where I’m like, "I really hope people enjoy it." Of course, I hope people enjoy something I worked so hard on but at the end of the day it’s really about if I’m happy with what I put out because I don't want to start making music for somebody else but me.

Tinashe then performed 'Roll The Dice' and 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande on the show.

You can buy Tinashe's third studio album 'Haywire' right now on iTunes and stream it on Encore.

bOH3Q1T.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On her goal with the album

I think, once I figured out what I wanted to do with it, I was very determined, you know? It’s not a concept album by any means but I think it does have an element of consistency to it. Each song very purposefully goes into the next, following my train of thought. That was just really important to me, I just think it really holds the album together and makes it very authentically my project. These are my thoughts, what’s going on in my head and I think there’s something very powerful in that. It was an interesting way of writing but it gave me a real sense of direction and made the process of creating my debut a lot easier! So without that, the debut album may never have happened. [Laughs]

On tracks she’d love to do a music video for

Oh wow, I don’t know! Part of me always wants to go back and do a music video for Don’t Need You (No More) honestly. It bugs me that it never got one but we just never had a solid idea of what to do with it I guess. Other than that, I think No Colour On My Canvas would be a really fun one. We played around with colour in the Quiet Moment music video but think of what we could do in a song literally about colour! I could see Escape, Blinded By My Mind and Rollercoaster all having really atmospherical shots… so many options!

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON THIS MORNING

TbJxgZL.png

Spoiler

Sabrina Carpenter has made a splash in the music industry ever since her debut back in February. Hot off the heels of plenty of acting gigs, she began to take a turn into her true passion, music. Announcing her career progression in January 2020, she began working on music that would eventually lead to her debut single, “Don’t Need You (No More)” in February of that year.

“Don’t Need You” was a hit, debuting at #23 with over 100,000 copies and climbing up to #16 following a GRAMMYs Pre-Show performance and featuring on a Nintendo commercial, becoming Sabrina’s first Top 20 hit. Sabrina used the platform at the Pre-Show to announce her upcoming debut studio album, “On My Mind”, as well announcing the title track as the 2nd single from the album, which released in April of 2020. “On My Mind” launched with similar success, debuting at #24 on the CAL 100 but becoming Sabrina’s biggest debut week yet. Although it debuted lower than DNYNM, the single had yet to experience it’s wave of success. The single would later peak at #3 on the CAL 100 and has sold over 3 MILLION units to date.

Sabrina released her debut studio album on July 17th 2020 alongside Quiet Moment ft. Ariana Grande as the 3rd official single. The album debuted at #2 with over 777k units sold, becoming one of the biggest opening weeks for a debut album in recent memory. As for “Quiet Moment”, it debuted at #1 with over 839k units sold, becoming her first #1 single and her biggest debut to date. Now, Sabrina comes to chat with us about the album, single and much more!

On the sound of the album

The sound of the album is definitely a massive part of it, obviously. [Laughs] You can’t really get a feel for the track with just the instrumental, or just the lyrics, because they’re so contrasting. But that’s the point! Creating the album, I didn’t want it to be a bunch of ballads or slow songs like you might expect with this kind of theme, you know? I loved the idea of turning that on its head a bit and creating something a bit more upbeat, a bit more loud. This idea of not letting these dark things get to me was incredibly empowering and this was my own way of powering through it all.

On her favourite music right now

I feel like we’re just in a massive wave of music right now… it’s insane! Frank released a new single from his album that i’ve had on repeat since release anyways honestly. [Laughs] He also produced that new Harry Styles single right? In love with that one! Overdue is another track i’ve had on repeat recently, and I haven’t turned off Tinashe’s record since it launched! I Want You, Look At You, still got Differently on repeat… it’s just been an incredible time for music! There are so many talented people in the industry right now, it’s an honor to be in the same industry as them.

Sabrina Carpenter’s debut album “On My Mind” is available for purchase & streaming, as well as her new single “Quiet Moment” with Ariana Grande (& accompanying music video) and previous singles “On My Mind” & “Don’t Need You (No More)”. BOSE x Quiet Moment Headphones out now.

SABRINA ON LOOSE WOMEN

hJjv38C.png

Spoiler

On the hardest part of the album

The hardest part to create? I think the section of the album that gave me the most trouble was the start of the ‘second half’ as I kinda think of it as. The whole section from “Take Me Away” to “Blinded By My Mind” was a tricky part to get right. Take Me Away fell into place but it’s just such a crucial song. It feels like a dead end, which is the point because that’s how I was feeling. The hard part was finding a way to pick it back up without being too abrupt, you know? I think No Colour On My Canvas is the perfect follow up. It just feels natural, which was difficult to achieve. I had a few songs I considered for that spot before this one came up and i’m glad this is what I ended up going with.

On writing more music

[Laughs] My album JUST came out! Give me a break! [Laughs] I’m just kidding. I haven’t been back in the studio or anything but I have been writing a bit. I think as songwriters, we all write continuously. Maybe not consciously but I think we always have these ideas in our head! Personally, I haven’t been doing anything massive but just playing with ideas here and there, messing around with some songs I have lying around, all that kind of stuff. I don’t know if it’ll ever come to anything but it’s nice just to create and write without that pressure sometimes, you know? Of course, when i’m proud of something I love being able to share it with my fans but for now, i’m really enjoying just trying things out and seeing where my mind takes me.

SABRINA ON CLYDE RADIO

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
SPIN1.jpg
SPIN2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has finally unleashed his third studio album Shawn Mendes on the world and it couldn’t feel like a more monumental moment in his career. The album comes fresh off the heels of his biggest critical success to date, The Miami Experiment. and he’s riding high on the momentum gained from that realase. The album has been fronted by one of Shawn’s biggest successes to date, A Question of Time. The single broke several personal records for Shawn and continues to gain traction the longer his promotional tour continues. The album debuted with the second largest opening week for a male artist in history and Shawn’s career could not be looking better. To discuss and promote the music , Shawn has mounted an extensive promotional campaign around the world.

ON BRINGING THE TOUR TO DUBLIN’S 3ARENA:

“I played in Dublin for the first time on the last tour and it was one of the best shows of the tour without a doubt. When we were putting together the UK tour, getting a date at the 3Arena was a must. I noticed that crowds here are a bit different than they are in say London. There’s a bit more of a rowdinness which is great for a performer. Crowds in England are a little bit more reserved in the sense that they’re not loud all of the time and will be more listening oriented when a song is going. And there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just interesting to see how wild and loud you all get here. I’d never been to Dublin before but sadly since it was the last show of that leg so we had to move on quickly and I didn’t get the chance to explore. This time though, Dublin is the first show of the leg so we’re going to get here about five days early and I’m gonna do all I can to explore and see the city, and maybe visit some other places in the country other than Dublin. Of course, the show is going to be the main event and I’m really, really excited to brining my best show yet to the 3Arena. Make sure you get your tickets now!”

ON SHAKIRA’S TRIAL:

“It was without a doubt one of the most surreal moments of my life. I’d never been in a court room, let alone the witness stand. I didn’t know when I said something on Twitter that I’d find myself in a court room. I have to say that it was a roller coaster. Things that were said and done took me by surprise, especially when it came to the final sentense. While I feel like some justice was served, I also feel like she isn’t getting enough time. If she’s been found to be guilty of a terroristic threat, then I’d think that’d carry more weight than 3 months followed by some probation. Having testified openly, I don’t know how I feel about sharing the street with her again when this is all said and done with so I’ve had to look into options for ensuring nothing bad ends up happening there. It’s not an experience that I’d ever want to replicate. I didn’t like that environment, didn’t like the whole situation. I just hope that there’s some good that came out of it. I hope Ariana feels safe and I hope her family feels safe. Let’s just hope we never have to do something like this again.”