Create A Label: Season 13

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
BBCRM1.jpg
BBCRM2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has finally unleashed his third studio album Shawn Mendes on the world and it couldn’t feel like a more monumental moment in his career. The album comes fresh off the heels of his biggest critical success to date, The Miami Experiment. and he’s riding high on the momentum gained from that realase. The album has been fronted by one of Shawn’s biggest successes to date, A Question of Time. The single broke several personal records for Shawn and continues to gain traction the longer his promotional tour continues. The album debuted with the second largest opening week for a male artist in history and Shawn’s career could not be looking better. To discuss and promote the music , Shawn has mounted an extensive promotional campaign around the world.

ON BRINGING THE TOUR TO MANCHESTER ARENA:

“Manchester is my favorite city to play in here in England. There’s just something about this place that I really vibe with. When we played here last year I got the chance to get out and explore the city a little bit and get to know the city some. It’s such a fun place full of a lot of really nice people. The show was amazing. It was a very electric night full of a lot of really amazing moments. Crowds in England can be a little mellow sometimes and it was kind of that way at first, but as the show progressed everyone loosened up and by the end it was really a lot of fun. One of the things that most impressed me was how personable everyone was. We got to meet and play for a lot of really kind and generous people so coming back was really a no briner. Manchester is one of those cities where you just kind of need to play if you’re going to do a real tour of the UK. It’s not really a skippable city in my eyes. There’s a lot of aspects about this city that make it something of a creative paradise. I did some writing when I was here and one of the songs that was written made it on the record and that was Underneath It All so who knows what may come out of this visit? We’ll be doing just one night here in Manchester so far, but it’s possible if the show sells out that we can add another show here and come back to see you all again! Tickets for the show are on sale now!”

ON WHETHER THERE WILL BE A RE-RELEASE OF THE ALBUM:

“Never say never, but at the moment I don’t really have any plans for that. I’ve tossed the idea around, absolutely, but there’s not been anything seriously considered. I have enough material for a re-release so it’s not like we can’t make one, though. I guess right now my focus isn’t on getting songs out that haven’t been released, but doing my best to do right by the songs that have actually been released. I really feel like we’re just getting started with the era. The second single is coming on Friday and with that comes a lot of excitement, a video, new performances, and all of that. There will be a chance sometime in the future for those unreleased songs to come out and who knows, it may be on a reissue. But right now we’ve got a lot of work to still be done on the album proper and I don’t want to leave it behind so soon.”

SHAWNHEADER.jpg
CFM1.jpg
CFM2.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER1.jpg
SHAWNFOOTER2.jpg

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has finally unleashed his third studio album Shawn Mendes on the world and it couldn’t feel like a more monumental moment in his career. The album comes fresh off the heels of his biggest critical success to date, The Miami Experiment. and he’s riding high on the momentum gained from that realase. The album has been fronted by one of Shawn’s biggest successes to date, A Question of Time. The single broke several personal records for Shawn and continues to gain traction the longer his promotional tour continues. The album debuted with the second largest opening week for a male artist in history and Shawn’s career could not be looking better. To discuss and promote the music , Shawn has mounted an extensive promotional campaign around the world.

ON BRINGING THE TOUR TO LONDON’S O2 ARENA:

“London is a must when you tour the world. It’s just not a city that you can skip, just like New York in the US, you just don’t skip over it. London is a city that more than lives up to it’s reputation. It’s such a hub of activity and it seems to be constantly be moving and have something exciting going on. As a performer, that’s the kind of city that you want to visit. And you know, this is one of those cities where you’re not just going to be playing to locals, there are going to be people from all across Europe converging on London at all times and there’s going to be a wide pool of people that are going to be at the show and that’s really exciting. It’s always nice when you’re getting to play to an audience full of people from all over the place. It creates a really interesting dynamic in the room. Plus The O2 is such an amazing venue to perform in. It manages to both be massive but hold a little bit of intimacy still and that’s something I really appreciated playing there for the first time. You never want to feel like the audience is miles away from you. You want to feel like you can reach out and touch hands with anyone in the room and that’s exactly what it feels like to play there. We’ve only got one show scheduled there so far so make sure you get your tickets while you can! If we sell out then we can maybe we can add another show!”

ON PREPARING FOR THE TOUR:

“Though it appears easy, touring is probably the most physically demanding thing that an artist can do. It isn’t easy on your mind or your body and you’ve got to have both of those prepared if you’re going to keep yourself together on the road. Physically, I’ve been going to the gym every morning. I do anyway, but I’m really making a point to do specific work outs to get into a routine that I’ll repeat every day on the road. Mentally I just keep up with all of my routines there such as journalling, I speak to a therapist every week. It’s simple things like that that you have to do in order to get yourself ready to be travelling the world for three months. It can get lonely to be so far from home, not knowing anyone in the places you’re pulling into. I struggled with that on the last tour and I’d really rather not repeat that.”

(United States of America, North America)

Iggy Azalea calls in with KIIS FM 102.7 Radio

Iggy-Azalea-FME-booking-banner-wb.jpg

Amethyst Kelly, better known as Australian rapper “Iggy Azalea”, thought she had it all when she moved from Sydney, Australia when she was only age 16. Little did she know that the road ahead of her would be rockier then ever. After being signed to Aphrodite Records, home to Swedish pop singer Zara Larsson (known from the “All Night” catastrophe), there were many differences between the label and her. In July 2020, they decided to part ways and Iggy Azalea is finally able to show the world who she really is and what she stands for.

Interview
Moving from Australia to the USA
Iggy:
“I have been creating mixtapes since I was sixteen years old. I worked a full time job as a cleaner and in my spare time, I created music. But it wasn’t getting me anywhere. And I always had this dream of going to the United States to fullfill my musical dreams. So when I saved up enough money, I took a plane ticket to the USA, to leave everything behind. I was sixteen at that time. I worked my ass of in Los Angeles to save some money again and now I am here. I am independent, making my own money and my debut single is being released tomorrow. It’s unreal. My mother made an enormous sacrifice – it’s such a brave action to let your child travel to the other side of the world, with only little money and big dreams to go. But hey, we did it mom, I am here now.”

Her debut single “Cazador” and working with Maluma
Iggy:
“When I finished this song and played it for the first time, I knew instantly that this had to be the lead single. Even though it does not show the whole atmosphere for the extended play, because the extended play is very versatile I might add, it’s such a fun, sexy and seductive song. For my debut single, I worked with Maluma. Thé Maluma. He is such a successful artist and he has been a great friend as well as a mentor to me. He gave me a lot of advice about what to do next, what my next steps should be. He is also the first person that heard all the tracks I finished from the extended play and he loves it. So when he heard “Cazador”, he wrote a Spanglish verse for it and it’s such an amazing verse. It completely fits the aesthetic of the song. Tomorrow is the release date, so I am very excited for you to hear it.”

Working on new music
Iggy:
“Every single moment I have spare time, I am working on new music. I finished a new song for the extended play today, that’s how productive I am. I am not arrogant or something, but I know I have a great work aesthetic and when this extended play gets released, I think people will release how hard I have worked on this piece. I am nervous and anxious as well as thrilled to show the world what I have been cooking up in the months that I have been off the radar. Working on new music has been such a blessing, because it gets my mind off things and helped me deal with a lot of issues over the years.”

(United States of America, North America)

Iggy Azalea goes to The Today Show

Iggy-Azalea-FME-booking-banner-wb.jpg

Amethyst Kelly, better known as Australian rapper “Iggy Azalea”, thought she had it all when she moved from Sydney, Australia when she was only age 16. Little did she know that the road ahead of her would be rockier then ever. After being signed to Aphrodite Records, home to Swedish pop singer Zara Larsson (known from the “All Night” catastrophe), there were many differences between the label and her. In July 2020, they decided to part ways and Iggy Azalea is finally able to show the world who she really is and what she stands for.

Interview
Her upcoming plans
Iggy:
“The extended play is going to be released this year. After “Cazador” is released, I will go on a promotional tour to let everybody enjoy the song. The next step is to release a music video for the song, which will be released next Friday. At some point, I want to release a second single and then I think it’s time for the extended play to be released. This is what I have in mind on short note. It’s great that I can come up with these plans all by myself, because now I have the luxury to decide what shows I am going to do and which ones not. I am happy to be in the United States right now and it’s great to be a guest in so many iconic shows, that are giving me the opportunity to introduce myself.”

Her debut single “Cazador” and working with Maluma
Iggy:
“O my God, I can’t explain how thrilled I am that my debut single will be released tomorrow. “Cazador” is one of my favorite songs from the extended play and I can’t wait for everybody to hear it. It’s such a viby song, I can totally see myself dancing in a club to this one. It’s very Latin American inspired. It features the amazing Maluma. He killed his verse on the track, it’s in Spanglish and it’s very seductive. When he wrote it and sent it to me, I was jumping from excitement, because the verse fitted so well in the song. He wrote his verse after I’d play him the solo version, so we weren’t in the writing process together, but he did give me a lot of advice. I really appreciate that, because when you are new in this industry, a lot of situations can be overwhelming and it’s nice to have a steady base, where you can fall back on. “Cazador” will be out tomorrow.”

Her mental health after breaking with Aphrodite Records
Iggy:
“I feel a lot better now that I am on my own. A record deal can put a lot of pressure on you. They try to conceal that, but they twist their advices and there words, so that you feel an urge to achieve things. That might sound beneficial, but I didn’t always pick the fruits from it. Sometimes, I felt so pressured, stressed and anxious that I was thinking by myself: “This can’t be it. This isn’t good for me.” Since I had no songs out, and the release of “Out Of Control” didn’t go very well either, they dropped me and I was able to go independent. And I can honestly say that I have never felt better in my life. I mean, my debut single is coming out tomorrow, isn’t that what any starting artist want in this industry?”

E-News

E! News (US) - Press

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 3 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice' and how 'Haywire' looks like it's shaping up to be Tinashe's biggest and most acclaimed record of her career.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the US to promote her new project with her most recent interview being with E! News. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On the success of 'Haywire'

It has been selling like crazy, which is insane! I'm so pleased with all the positive feedback, that's really the biggest reward a musician could get and it's not even about numbers but more about seeing the amount of people, even casual listeners, relating and enjoying the tracks. Last week, this girl came up to me asking for a picture and she began to tell me about how some of the lyrics on the album impacted her on a personal level because the album was for her a reflection of what she's actually going through and I was like 'damn, it's really that deep to people'.

On the pressure put on artists

I think the biggest pressure that I felt while growing in this industry is that artists get a lot of pressure from people to put out new music. The music industry has changed compared to the time where my idols were thriving, you know, back in the day artists could put out an album and take a break for the next 5 years until the next project. Whereas nowadays, artists have short attention spans and people move on much quicker. They're not going to wait for your project in 5 years when there's a wave of new releases everyday as we speak. Luckily, I'm very inspired and I've been able to keep up with that rythm.

You can purchase Tinashe's single 'Roll The Dice' as long as her latest one 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande. While you're at it, you can also buy and listen to 'Haywire' which is available on all platforms.

today-show-US

Today Show (US) - TV Promo

Spoiler

Tinashe has become one of the biggest forces in the music industry for the past two years and one of the youngest faces of music. The R&B songstress returned to the music scene with a powerful trap-influenced hit earlier this year when she announced to social media by surprise her comeback single entitled 'Roll The Dice'. The track was directly linked to an album that the singer later announced to be called 'Haywire' which was released this week.

Marking a new start for the singer after the fiasco that happened last year with her somophore album 'Kachingwe' and despite Tinashe's hiatus, her comeback has been very anticipated as many fans wondered for so long the reason of the singer's disappearance. It's safe to say that Tinashe is becoming more and more etablished in the music industry seeing how she scored her second top 3 hit on the charts with 'Roll The Dice' and how 'Haywire' looks like it's shaping up to be Tinashe's biggest and most acclaimed record of her career.

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the US to promote her new project with her most recent interview being with Today Show. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On recording with Mariah Carey

She's such an intimidating person to work with at first, but at the same time she's so lovely. She's huge and has seen it all in this industry so I think that's what really intimidated me when we started working together but with time, it just doesn't feel like that anymore because she's genuine and down-to-earth which made the process smooth. Most people would expect a diva behavior from her, but that's not what I got from her at all, pretty much the opposite I'd say.

On her top 3 tracks on 'Haywire'

That's a hard question because I've had so many different favourites tracks while creating this album, sometimes it's this song that I prefer and the day after I have another favorite. As of now If I had to make a top off the top of my head in no particular order,  I'd say 'Speed It Up' which has grown on me a lot then I'd pick 'Crown Me' which is probably the fan favorite of the album, and the last song would be 'Haywire' which has been doing extremely well on the charts for an album track.

Tinashe then performed 'Roll The Dice' and 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande on the show.

You can buy Tinashe's third studio album 'Haywire' right now on iTunes and stream it on Encore.

Late-Night-With-Seth-Meyers

Late Night With Seth Meyers (US) - TV Promo

Spoiler

Now that Tinashe is back on track with a new body of work, the pop star is currently on the road for another promotional campaign. In fact, Tinashe is currently in the US to promote her new project with her most recent appearance being on Late Night With Seth Meyers. Check out what the singer revealed below.

On growing a loyal fanbase

I’ve just been really honest, and people got the opportunity to grow up with me. A lot of my fanbase is around my age, so they’re growing up with me and building this connection outside of just my music. I think now with a third project out, I feel even more etablished towards my audience. I think this album was truly a turning point in my career where I could really re-introduce myself with a stronger image, message and music.

On keeping up with the music industry

The music game is super crowded now compared to before when there were only so many artists that were really hot. But now, there are so many artists out there especially with streaming which made the industry a much more difficult place to make it because music is more accessible than ever and there's always new people coming up so it's kind of like a challenge to grow a loyal fanbase in order to remain consistent.

Tinashe then performed 'Roll The Dice' and 'Lie To Me' with Ariana Grande on the show.

You can buy Tinashe's third studio album 'Haywire' right now on iTunes and stream it on Encore.